“Looks are deceptive!”
Review of Alpine Inn Motel

Alpine Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Keremeos
Alpine Inn Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Keremeos
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We have always liked the looks of Keremeos, so we decided to spend the night there on an impromptu road trip. The outside looked neat and tidy, but oh, looks are deceptive. There was a hole where the dead bolt should have been on the door, which left just a push lock. The vertical blinds were broken, so anyone going by could have looked in, had we not put a newspaper in the window. The bathroom wall had a large hole kicked in it, exposing the ground below. All I could think of was creepy crawlies. The taps are hooked up backwards. Hot is cold and vice versa. On the plus side, the room smelled fresh and was clean. I did look at the sheets and they were clean, but I didn't dare look any closer anywhere else. The beds were extremely hard. I was so glad to get out of there in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank smack1953

Reviewed 14 March 2011

As soon as you walk in this stench hits you right in the face one of those smells that is so bad it almost makes you sick (it smelled like curry and the stongest odor of urine)...nasty...and dont even get me started on the stinky filthy beds absoluty disgusting i cant even believe there are people with standards that low.the smell and the colour of the mattress makes me want to be sick right now.....if i could sum that hotel in one word it would be NASTY!!!...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank amanda420
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Hmm... we didn't find this place so bad as the previous reviews and enjoyed a good sleep (which was what we needed). Room we had seemed to have been recently renovated (or was just being finished). We were given a double for the price of single and one of the doubles was in its own little room (so a little privacy, if you're traveling in 4s and that's an issue). Bed was a bit soft, water pressure a little wonky at first, but room was clean and fairly quiet and that's all we needed. The bed bugs reviews would have freaked me out but without reading those, we had no issues, room looked and smelled clean, and I didn't see any bugs. Owner was friendly. Air conditioning worked great. Certainly not fancy or modern decor (basic older motel style), and sure, a little pricey (midweek likely cheaper) for what you get, but we just wanted a clean place to rest for the night and this place fit the bill just fine. No complaints.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jojofliessouth
Reviewed 15 August 2010

There isn't much choice in the area so not much incentive, I guess. The only part of the "kitchenette" I felt confident in using was the fridge. Dripping fauctes, leaking drains, chipped sinks, window screens on the ground outside... On the bright side, the bathroom appeared clean; the tub/shower had plenty of hot water and decent pressure; the place smelled fresh and there was no sign of bugs.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kitsilano
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Hooray!! No Bed Bugs or any other bugs discovered. The room albeit it was inexpensive, it is not worth the $55.00 that was paid. The outside of the hotel looked accommodating, the inside was a different story. The hotel is need of a lot of work. The walls, window coverings and bathroom floor were dirty. The carpet is dark and most likely was as dirty as everything else.

In my search for bugs in the bed, when I pulled the bottom sheet up to look at the mattress there was a mattress protector that looked as if it had not been cleaned in a long while, there was many strands hairs found on the mattress protector, very disgusting. One other point I do like the taste of curry, however when I asked for and received a spare pillow from the front desk, I don't like that the pillow smelled of curry, and therefore my room smelled of curry for the entire night.

What few repairs that have been done to the Alpine Inn Motel resembles the work I have seen in my travels in third world countries. It's obvious the people who run the Alpine Inn Motel are not in the "HOSPITALITY" business, but they are in the hotel business and are in business to get every dollar they can from unsuspecting traveler's who expect nothing more than a clean room at a reasonable price. The people who run the Alpine Inn
have show no pride in their business. It's unfortunate.

The only way a place like the Alpine Inn in Keremeos will change is if people stop going to their establishment, and maybe then they will realize they need to clean up their act.

I don't recommend anyone stay at this hotel, a few comments here mention staying across the street, I have not stayed at the hotel across the street and I am unable to say if it's any better. What I can say knowing what I know about the Alpine Inn Motel in Keremeos "Keremeos' Favorite Motel" is that if you need a place to stay you would be much better off driving to Oliver, Osoyoos or Princeton.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank enwot
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Beware of BED BUGS
If you're staying at the Alpine Motel, be sure to look over your room and bed very closely. We stayed there and the room was infested with bed bugs!!!! When we woke up in the morning, we found a dead bed bug full of blood that had bit me. When we looked closer, the bed was infested with them. We went to the front desk and told them and all they said was they'll look into. Our room was #17. We got our refund but they probably rented it out that night. They didn't care at all!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
6  Thank Loves2Travel1977
Reviewed 17 August 2009

The only saving grace about this place is that we saw the bugs in the bed before we got into it. There were at least 3 different kinds of insects - some of which we believed were bed bugs- crawling around head of the bed on the sheets and pillows. The woman who ran the place gave us a full refund at 2:30 am and didn't even question our claim about the bugs. We believe she has known about them for some time and has used inadequate measures to exterminate them so they keep coming back. This is our opinion based on a middle of the night discussion. We were unable to find another motel even driving back to Princeton. We tried to sleep in the car but it was so cold that night. Never again will we stay at an independant motel. We will try our chances with the international/national chain places because they have standards to maintain and are accountable to head offices.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank MystiqueLady

Been to Alpine Inn Motel? Share your experiences!