“Clean enough but very run down”
Review of Alpine Inn Motel

Alpine Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Keremeos
Alpine Inn Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Keremeos
Vancouver, BC
“Clean enough but very run down”
Reviewed 15 August 2010

There isn't much choice in the area so not much incentive, I guess. The only part of the "kitchenette" I felt confident in using was the fridge. Dripping fauctes, leaking drains, chipped sinks, window screens on the ground outside... On the bright side, the bathroom appeared clean; the tub/shower had plenty of hot water and decent pressure; the place smelled fresh and there was no sign of bugs.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kitsilano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Hooray!! No Bed Bugs or any other bugs discovered. The room albeit it was inexpensive, it is not worth the $55.00 that was paid. The outside of the hotel looked accommodating, the inside was a different story. The hotel is need of a lot of work. The walls, window coverings and bathroom floor were dirty. The carpet is dark and most likely was as dirty as everything else.

In my search for bugs in the bed, when I pulled the bottom sheet up to look at the mattress there was a mattress protector that looked as if it had not been cleaned in a long while, there was many strands hairs found on the mattress protector, very disgusting. One other point I do like the taste of curry, however when I asked for and received a spare pillow from the front desk, I don't like that the pillow smelled of curry, and therefore my room smelled of curry for the entire night.

What few repairs that have been done to the Alpine Inn Motel resembles the work I have seen in my travels in third world countries. It's obvious the people who run the Alpine Inn Motel are not in the "HOSPITALITY" business, but they are in the hotel business and are in business to get every dollar they can from unsuspecting traveler's who expect nothing more than a clean room at a reasonable price. The people who run the Alpine Inn
have show no pride in their business. It's unfortunate.

The only way a place like the Alpine Inn in Keremeos will change is if people stop going to their establishment, and maybe then they will realize they need to clean up their act.

I don't recommend anyone stay at this hotel, a few comments here mention staying across the street, I have not stayed at the hotel across the street and I am unable to say if it's any better. What I can say knowing what I know about the Alpine Inn Motel in Keremeos "Keremeos' Favorite Motel" is that if you need a place to stay you would be much better off driving to Oliver, Osoyoos or Princeton.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank enwot

Travellers are raving about these Keremeos hotels

BC
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Beware of BED BUGS
If you're staying at the Alpine Motel, be sure to look over your room and bed very closely. We stayed there and the room was infested with bed bugs!!!! When we woke up in the morning, we found a dead bed bug full of blood that had bit me. When we looked closer, the bed was infested with them. We went to the front desk and told them and all they said was they'll look into. Our room was #17. We got our refund but they probably rented it out that night. They didn't care at all!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
6 Thank Loves2Travel1977
Surrey, B.C.
Reviewed 17 August 2009

The only saving grace about this place is that we saw the bugs in the bed before we got into it. There were at least 3 different kinds of insects - some of which we believed were bed bugs- crawling around head of the bed on the sheets and pillows. The woman who ran the place gave us a full refund at 2:30 am and didn't even question our claim about the bugs. We believe she has known about them for some time and has used inadequate measures to exterminate them so they keep coming back. This is our opinion based on a middle of the night discussion. We were unable to find another motel even driving back to Princeton. We tried to sleep in the car but it was so cold that night. Never again will we stay at an independant motel. We will try our chances with the international/national chain places because they have standards to maintain and are accountable to head offices.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank MystiqueLady
Vancouver
Reviewed 29 September 2008

Disgusting room not clean at all strange odors we were in a 1/2 Star Hotel.

Never again Kermeos is a wonderful town to visit but avoid at all cost the Alpine Inn. Unorganized totally unprofessional the staff housekeeper Perl her name was, extermely rude and uncaring to our concerns. Boss or owner not onsite. do yourself a huge favor and go across the street to the Elks Motel it's very better clean at least.

I hope this helps the travelers out there avoid at all costs.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Arrival
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank BCtraveller65
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keremeos
Elks Motel
Elks Motel
#1 of 2 in Keremeos
Tree To Me
Tree To Me
#1 of 2 in Keremeos
Landgasthof Crowsnest Vineyards

Been to Alpine Inn Motel? Share your experiences!