“Great adventure, hiking and views”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keremeos
Cathedral Lakes Lodge
seattle
“Great adventure, hiking and views”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I spent the 4th of July (coming from Seattle) at the campground at Cathedral Lakes and on those particular days, we were the only campers there and we loved it. I'd heard about this place way back in 2008 and we finally made it! And we plan to go again...

We totally enjoyed the truck ride up to the Lodge at some 6000 feet, the lakes were beautiful, the hikes incredible (up to Lakeview Mt. with 360 degree views was amazing), the Lodge and ranger staff were super helpful, and next time we'll have dinner at the Lodge! Because there WILL be a next time!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I recently stayed two nights at the lodge and loved the place. The staff were all friendly and helpful, the lodgings decent and the food was great. The scenery and hiking was fantastic. It is well worth the trip for hikers.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jen_S155019
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I spent a recent long weekend at this lodge. It is a great escape from the hustle/bustle of life for a weekend. I stayed in the main lodge and the room was comfortable and clean. It did get warm in the evening after hot days, not sure actual temp but felt like about 27C. There were no screens on the window (room 6), but I opened the window to help cool the room down in the evenings. I did end up with some mosquito bites, but I'm not sure if that was from sleeping with the window open or from lounging around the lodge (I don't use bug repellent). Also, the window didn't have any black out curtains, this didn't bother me to get to sleep after a long day hiking, but I found myself waking up at sunrise each morning.

The shower and toilets are shared facilities, but each of the main lodge rooms has a small sink - handy for washing hands, face and cleaning teeth.

The day hikes were great and the fishing was great too. I wasn't up to hiking the rim, but the shorter and lower elevation hikes were beautiful. My favorite hike was to Lady Slipper Lake. The lake was partially frozen and there were some snow drifts to traverse. But the views were spectacular.

The lodge staff were very friendly and the food was great - especially knowing that they bring everything up the mountain. Jordan was the main chef and he would delight us each evening while Wyn did dessert (yum!). During one evening meal, the guests applauded both chefs. This duo was great.

The lodge itself is 'rustic' and I can see why some reviewers would comment that it is run down. The season is a short one and the owners spend time working on the lodge while it is open to guests, so I saw all sorts of activity from painting to the installation of a new chlorinated drinking water system. I'm not sure if this was because I stayed there during its low season (early opening). My favorite time (other than hiking) was spent sitting on the comfortable deck chairs by Quinesco lake in the early morning and late afternoons.

I had hot water for each of my showers - I had a hard time balancing the cold and the hot water so found the hot water, very hot. The hot tub offered a relaxing soak too - but the jets were broken. So just hot water with some interesting conversations.

It is expensive to stay at the lodge, but if you consider that everything is trucked in, you can understand why it's pricey.

Room Tip: If staying in the main lodge, ask for a room that faces the lake. Cabins may also be a good alterna...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank waejae_jae
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I have been a back pack adventure type all my life. I grew up in the Sierra's around Lake Tahoe and traveled the world and most of BC from Haida Guai to Sooke, exploreing and sleeping rough. In my late 60's, the spirit of adventure is still strong, but the spine has lost a bit of its flexibility. I can't get a decent night's sleep anymore on a foam pad or an air mattress. I can't pack 40 kg uphill all day. The question is: How to experience the alpine, the magic of the mountain meadows and the restorative power of the wilderness without the physical and logistical challenges. The answer is Cathedral Lakes Resort. My wife & I go every year and are pampered by the amazing staff and renewed by our reconnection to the natural world. Take your partner, take your children, take your grand children... This is the stuff that lasting memories are made of. This is the real world that Disneyland and Las Vegas are just pale shadows of.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BurlyBuddhist
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2013

My husband and I decided on a getaway at Cathedral for our honeymoon and really enjoyed the whole experience - from the spectacular hiking trails, beautiful views, delicious food, warm, cozy environment at the lodge - And, the 35 relatives who came with us also enjoy it very much! This happened a few years ago, and will always be considered a highlight experience for us.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Saroda
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I turned 50 last summer and decided to take our family to Cathedral Lakes. We thought the truck ride to camp was the real Indiana Jones thrill and on the first day hiked a short route only to be chased back to our cabin with horizontal rain/hail, lightning and cold winds. This was late July and we were thankful for our cabin's fireplace while we played cards (hard to find such family time around home). The following day we were blessed with sunshine and we hiked the full day to most of the primary peaks. Despite the evidence of pine beetle kill, the lakes, meadows and views were glorious. The camp is rustic but appropriate. The meals were great and allowed us to enjoy the environment. Get out and see our backyard!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Steven H
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I was wanting to go the area, the lodge for a long long time! finally last year my husband and I went. Someone had told me that you must go and see the Alpine Flowers. We went in Early August. Yes the ride up the mountain was bumpy but exciting at the same time! The difference in air temprature was a lot! We had a tiny cabin that I loved immediately!
The food was exceptional and deliicious and plenty of it! that was a bonus! We are inexperience hikers but the trails are well marked. We embarked on our main hike..about 10 -12 k later and found out it was an advanced hike but it was a real adventure! Nature at its best...no sounds but the air around you, the birds. The flowers were amazing! Only our bodies wanted to give out and we were careful on the way down! Tired bones, tired feet! but a wonderful supper was awaiting us.
Also, interesting people go there..so that was also enjoyable...people who love nature! I highly recommend the lodge! th area too is spectacular...the one thing we found hard was to see all of the Spruce dying becuse of the spruce beetle...but that is nature taking its course..aside from that - I would do it again..My husband and I our seniors..I am 67, and he is 71...I would do it again! Denyse and John Turcot, Kelowna BC

Room Tip: You can either have a tiny cabin which we had and loved or be in the lodge..it is all good...I prefe...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dennydt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keremeos
Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites
Coast Penticton Hotel
Coast Penticton Hotel
#7 of 44 in Penticton
Penticton Lakeside Resort & Conference Centre

Been to Cathedral Lakes Lodge? Share your experiences!