“Pretty good”

and 1 more site!
Elks Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Keremeos
Reviewed 30 July 2011

After reading some other reviews we were a little worried about our reservation at the Elks Motel, but seeing as it was a long weekend and with no other vacancy in town we stayed... The place is pretty good. Maybe new management? Either way, the room was very clean and we kept with fridge, microwave coffee etc. Not a bad place to rest your head for the night. Staff was also very friendly.

I would stay again.

4  Thank mark_grands_11

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Nice clean motel, new section has just been built. Stayed in unit with kitchenette, and it was fine. Manager is very hospitable. Close to town and fruit stands. Resonalbly priced and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Soapvendor
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Extremely dirty, carpets disgusting. No locks on windows so anyone can break into rooms...BE CAREFUL OF THIS PLACE IT SHOULD BE INSPECTED BY THE HEALTH BOARD!

Reviewed 1 July 2011

This hotel is absolutely disgusting...no locks on the bedroom window so anyone could access, floors and walls were disgustingly dirty. Bathroom grungy and the carpets were filthy and stinky. They were overly friendly when we arrived, but saw an sucker on our foreheads, it was so disgusting it should be inspected by the health board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Fromthetwoofus
Reviewed 31 May 2011

As soon as I walked into the lobby, I felt welcomed. The hospitality was amazing and even though it is an older motel, they make it feel like a big expensive one. Very quiet, nicely located, excellently priced. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I have stayed here before, as there is not much choice for motels in Keremeos. My room this visit was very small, with only a double bed (not even a queen) that was kind of lumpy, so I was glad I was alone on this trip. The floor was kind of lumpy and sagging in places too. The room had a small fridge, but no microwave, and no coffee maker. The A/C seemed to work OK. Didn't try the TV. I woke up at midnight with what sounded like my neighbour dragging furniture around, presumably trying to get the bed away from the A/C. I've had a larger room on previous visits, so this room was OK for one night, but that's about it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank rd52
Reviewed 7 June 2010

This motel is expanding, and I give it the benefit of the doubt that the newer units will be much cleaner and comfortable. The older unit we stayed in had globs of jam under the kitchenette table, old beer cans in the cupboard, and the bathroom was filthy, especially the tub and the grunge around the faucets. The bathroom door had a huge chunk torn out of the bottom portion. The polyseal around the floor edges was dirty, peeling and cracked. I always bring Lysol wipes, so I cleaned the bathroom as best as I could. There weren't any extra rolls of toilet paper or boxes of tissue. The garbage cans didn't have liners in them. Lots of decent towels, but only one towel rack and no hooks on the bathroom door to hang clothes or a robe. The carpet was repulsive; bring slippers or extra socks so you don't have to walk barefoot. The beds were higher on one side than the other. There is no place to put shoes, so no doubt people will wear their shoes indoors. The central location in such a small town is ideal and the prices were very reasonable; we did appreciate the off-season rate as we were 6 people to one room. Perhaps the older units that allow pets should have lino instead of carpet - much more hygenic and easy to mop. I don't recommend this motel to anyone in its current state, but perhaps once the renos are done it will be much more pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Moms-The-Word

Been to Elks Motel? Share your experiences!