“Lucky Break”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Hart is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The newly refurbished (and reloved) White Hart at South Harting is one of few pubs remaining with traditional pub values, whilst providing excellent local and seasonal food and a warm welcome every time. Surrounded by stunning West Sussex countryside, nestled in the heartland of the South Downs; the White Hart caters for walkers, ramblers and all folk looking for a rest-stop along the way. Serving generously filled baguettes as well as high quality A La Carte meals, the White Hart is sure to satisfy the weary walker. A full selection of crowd pleasing Upham Ales is available as well as a highly regarded wine list. The White Hart at Harting is back, and we look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stopped here on the way back from Goodwood races mainly because time was running out.
Thankful we did as we had a very nice steak meal at a very good price. Service was very good and the whole place was very nice, one for the notebook.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

So enjoyed this pub in the delightful village of South Harting - we felt a bit peckish so called in for a light supper and ordered the fish and hand cut chips, one with mushy peas (not my favourite) the other with ordinary peas - light beer batter coated moist melt in mouth haddock and the chips were cooked to perfection. I had an excellent chilled glass of house white (medium) and we were on our way to complete our journey, in less than 45 minutes. Substantial menu from which to choose and a pleasant garden at the back of the pub from where we watched the sun set. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Popped in for lunch
Young lady who served us very pleasant

Offered a la carte menu and bar snacks menu

Ordered smoked salmon cream cheese and cucumber baguette
They were served on warm plates which I found slightly strange for a cold sandwich

The sandwich themselves were very pleasant

Pub could do with a run round with duster, many cobwebs to be seen

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have just finished what I can say has been one of the best Sunday lunches I have had for sometime. One of our party is a coeliac and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The food is cooked freshly and the menu although small had something for everyone. They very helpful when it came to heating up food for the baby.
We will be back without a shadow of a doubt. I highly recommend this restaurant .

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Having read a couple of distinctly average reviews about the pub recently, I was worried I had made a mistake in booking The White Hart for a big family Sunday lunch. However, our experience was extremely good. The staff were attentive and friendly and the food completely delicious. There were 11 of us eating and we were all very pleased with our meal. I am extremely fussy about my Sunday lunch and am frequently disappointed with the quality of it when we eat out . I had the roast beef, which was cooked perfectly rare (as requested), tasty and tender; perfect crunchy roast potatoes and excellent selection of vegetables. I was fortunate not to have to pick up the bill so cannot rate the value, but looking at the menu it certainly seemed to be perfectly fairly priced. We will definitely be coming back.