Bowen Island Hideaway
Horseshoe Bay Motel(West Vancouver)(Great Value!)
Sunshine Lodge Inn(Gibsons)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$97
Gibsons Garden Hotel(Gibsons)(Great Value!)
US$122
Ponderosa Suites at UBC(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$161
Orbitz.com
US$211
US$176
North Vancouver Hotel(North Vancouver)
US$205
US$150
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I was looking forward to visiting Bowen Island, and wanted to stay at a quiet and classy B and B away from the dock area. So, after a plane trip, driving through construction and rush hour in Vancouver and then waiting in line at the ferry dock, I at last arrived on the island and after a very pleasant drive which included a winding and easy gravel dirt road that my rental car had no trouble handling, I arrived at last to this beautiful establishment.
Nestled on a secluded ridge and overlooking Lake Kilarney, it was for me, perfectly situated. I walked into my room and was just blown away. Beautifully done, and with a well appointed (surprise) kitchenette, huge bed and fabulous washroom.
First order of business, after taking it all in, was a glass of wine and the soaker tub.
The amazing and delicious breakfast is delivered to your room where you could eat at a table overlooking the scenery below. Delivered not too early (sleep in, for heaven's sake-you're on holiday!) and not too late; and still leaving time to go for a hike on the trail around the lake below and back in time for a lunch in town. The trail also links to other trails and you can walk for hours taking in all the lovely scenery.

Secluded it might be, but you are back in civilization in no time at all and can take advantage of what the rest of the island has to offer.

My biggest regret is that I didn't stay much longer than I did. Thanks to Heidi and her team for making it all worthwhile.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Wow ........... we had a wonderful 2 night stay in this beautiful setting and we had some incredible weather (for BC). Quiet, peaceful serene ....... etc.
We were attending a wedding at Xania close by so had less time than we would have liked actually relaxing.
The room is excellently appointed, compares very favorably with any high end hotel accomodations. Very spacious, clean and well set out with everything provided to make for a complete stay.
The breakfast (fresh fruit crepes and smoothy) along with sausage and croissant, was just amazing.
Could be a little remote for some and if you plan to be driving in and out at night be cautious of deer roaming along and on the gravel road. (take a flash light).
We plan to return and spend more time relaxing than we did this time.

Room Tip: Foxglove B&B
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The Hideaway was an absolutely beautiful place for us to spend our first trip to Bowen Island. We stayed in the Fiddle Head room which was a unique combination of luxury and rustic west coast decor. The room was perfect to relax and lounge in after a long day spent hiking on Mt. Gardner. Waking up to the spectacular view of Killarney Lake and the surrounding mountains each morning was breathtaking. Heidi is a gracious host, and an outstanding chief. Her breakfasts are truly gourmet and some of the best food we've ever had. This lovely B&B is the perfect place for anyone who wants to get away from the noise and bustle of the city. We will definitely be back to visit the Hideaway again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
killarnylakewalker, Owner at Bowen Island Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Hi Deanna,

Thanks for your comments on our little bed and breakfast. I am glad you took the time to climb Mount Gardner. The view is worth it! Also, I am really glad you enjoyed your breakfast. That is the best part of my job as I enjoy cooking. Hope you stay with us again in the future.

Heidi

Reviewed 30 May 2013

If what you'd love is to take a water taxi from downtown Vancouver, (you can come by car too), and then take an easy 45 minute hike in the beauty of nature along Killarney Lake, come up the hill on their property and be welcomed by a beacon of light from your private entrance, shower in the spacious and beautiful bathroom that opens up with sliding doors from an equally peaceful and spacious bedroom with a king size comfy bed, luxuriate in an outdoor hot tub with the utmost privacy, overlooking the misty lake and surrounded by lovely gardens, then this place is for you. We brought our own dinner and the kitchenette more than provided everything we needed to have our romantic meal. Heidi, our lovely host served us a beautiful and delicious gluten-free breakfast of blueberry banana buckwheat pancakes, the yummiest poached egg nested in perfectly crisp bacon, fresh orange juice and tea/coffee. What a peaceful, restful and rejuvenating place to be! We'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
islandhideaway, Owner at Bowen Island Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Hi Clemie,

I am really glad you and Tim enjoyed your stay with us. You mentioned you would like chairs beside the hot tub and I hope to have some by the time you arrive again.

Heidi Kuhrt
www.islandhideaway.ca

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have stayed here twice; once on a getaway with my husband, and once with a friend for a girls' weekend. This is a wonderful place with gorgeous, stylish rooms, amazing breakfasts and gracious hosts. You can enjoy the peace, quiet and unobstructed view, uncork a bottle of wine, bask in the hot tub, open a good book, and never leave. Or, you can walk around the park, head into town, peruse the shops and dine-out. I look forward to my next excuse to return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stella c
islandhideaway, Owner at Bowen Island Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thanks Stella for your review. I am really happy that you found our place welcoming when you came for a romantic get-away and also when you came for a girl's weekend away. I look forward to seeing you again soon.