“Not bad, but could be better”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bowen Island
Twiggleberries Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 13 Bowen Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Adding some photo's so you can see for yourself. Don't come here without a car / bikes unless you enjoy hiking. Also no taxi's on Island.

Great friendly couple, but they could do with employing some help to bring the place back up to speed, and also making life easier for them in the process.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank OMT248
There are newer reviews for Twiggleberries Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I have read other reviews of this property and agree with many of their comments. Jan is lovely and very friendly and welcoming. Glen is older and not very involved anymore. The food was very good and plentiful. However, the property isn't very clean and we also found cob webs, dead spiders and bugs, dirty fridge, smelly sponge, used soap out etc. Better housekeeping would have helped not overshadow the nice features of privacy, with a nice setting and host.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J M
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I had to write a review here because Jan and Glen were such wonderful hosts to my daughter and I! My 5-year-old girl still talks about them - they were so kind to her. Such warm and interesting people. Jan even picked us up from the ferry and gave us a lift to and from the town at night so we didn't have to walk. Next time we come to Bowen and stay there we will take the car, though. It's a bit far to walk to the town, but no big deal. The homemade breakfast was delicious and so were the cookies that everyone else has mentioned. The room was very comfortable and clean and we enjoyed the hot tub overlooking the mountains. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Marinabel
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

Owners are great! Very welcoming and comforting. Homemade croissants are the BEST

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank KaoSlats
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I went to Bowen Island on the US Thanksgiving Weekend. Stayed at Twiggleberries had a fantastic time. Jan and Glen welcomed me with open arms, fabulous home cooking and did I mention the cookies!! Pampered myself at the spa where I had a massage, used the whirlpool and sauna. Jan gave me great tips on what to do and see on Bowen. Had interesting and stimulating conversation and they even took the time to show me a fabulous card game called hand & feet, which I had never played before, but will again. Anyone reading this review if you want to have a great relaxing time, with great food and great hosts this is the place. They have 5 rooms to choose from, each with their own bath and each room has a different color!

Room Tip: Garden room is the smallest room, also the cheapest has it's own bath.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Monica H
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Glen &Jan are very nice and kind people. the location is very serene and pretty and I am sorry to be writing this but it was a very dissappointing experience. There was dust and cobwebs in bedroom, carpet dirty, bathtub was filthy, hot tub was murky so we did not dare to use it and that was the main thing we were looking for so that was very dissapointing, should mention that there is a cat in the house (I'm allergic so by day 2 was suffering) this should be mentioned on the web site. we were looking for a romantic getaway and this was anything but. Breakfast was not your typcial B&B breakfast, we had a bowl of lovely fresh fruit, a croissant and a handful of scrambled eggs, no choices. When we left we went out for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Donna G
Reviewed 13 July 2010

This was my first stay at a B&B. I was travelling with my mother and my sister and Twiggleberries has two different rooms that can accommodate three people in each of them. We had two very comfortable twin beds and a very firm flip down couch that made into a double bed. We had our own bathroom with a shower and a large tub.
The house is on a hilly spot on the island and the view from our room included some of Bowen Island in the front and then Gambier Island and finally the mainland in the distance. This B&B is in a very nice arts and craft type house. The house has lots of windows and a pretty yard. It is relatively close to Snug Cove (where the ferry docks and also where most of the restaurants are) and to the Artisan Square (which has a nice coffee shop/bistro, yoga studio, gym, chocolate shop, clothing stores and a few galleries). But unless you are an avid walker I would suggest bringing a car with you if you stay here.
Jan and Glenn made us feel at home in their house. Glenn made us breakfast three mornings. The coffee was good and there was a nice fruit salad all three mornings. The first day Glenn made some tasty blueberry pancakes and turkey sausage. On the second day we had really nice scrambled eggs with smoked salmon in them and finally on our last morning Glenn whipped up a fabulous vegetable frittata. It looked like edible art with a design made from sliced tomatoes and asparagus stalks on the top. He had had also made some very good blueberry/raspberry muffins.
In the future when I visit Bowen Island I will definitely stay at Twiggleberries.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
#2 of 3 in Gibsons
Nectar Yoga B&B
Nectar Yoga B&B
#1 of 13 in Bowen Island

Been to Twiggleberries Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!