“Amazing Calgary Escape”
Review of Riverside Chateau

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bragg Creek
Riverside Chateau
Ranked #1 of 6 Bragg Creek B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Just wanted to escape from the big city buzz for a night, and what a gem this is just 45 min from town - it feels like you've been transported to the alps.

A true log home in the mountains, with the elbow river so close you can hear it from the room. The beds are exquisite.

Also great service; engaging if you want, private if you need. Best french toast I have ever tasted.

Would recommend to anyone with an appreciation for nature.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nixego

Reviewed 9 July 2011

Beautiful house. Large rooms.

Here's why I wouldn't stay here again. There are no BLINDS for the windows which are huge and face to the road. I felt awkward walking around my room knowing people driving/walking by can see in, particularly at night. Being woken up with the 4:50am sun is the worst! I had a terrible sleep and did not wake feel rested or relaxed.

Breakfast was ok. Fruit with yogurt and french toast with icing sugar. We were wired after that on sugar. I would prefer a place at over $200/night to give me some options.

Although there's a TV, there is no cable? I don't even understand why people do this. We came home after a lovely dinner in town and were ready to settle down to watch some. Only to find they just have movies...terrible terrible ones. Like Nova style talking about cosmic universe.

Bathroom has no bath. Another thing I expect at $200/night. Just a standup shower which when you turn on sprays water onto the floor. So you have to get into the shower closer the door, turn on the water and get sprayed until it warms up.

The owner we met, isn't really friendly and hospitable, but he's not terrible either. Just was kinda there... You stay at B&B's because you like meeting/interacting with the owners. We never met the wife and the man just kept telling us the rules. Like no drinking in our rooms - which I assume we got because we were younger.

While we were eating breakfast two guys showed up to replace a broken window above us, which made me want to say to the owner "you couldn't have had them come after checkout?"

Overall for what they charged I was not impressed. I could take all the other annoyances but a room without blinds is ridiculous and I would not stay here until that is changed.

Also they need to change their name to Riverside B&B not Chateau which I would say is like an Inn where the managers don't live there vs a B&B where you are staying in someone's home.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kiki28Canmore
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Everything about Riverside Chateau was fantastic. When we arrived we were greeted with a very warm reception and the hospitality continued for our whole stay.

Our room was large and had in it everything that we could ask for. The building and it's surrounds was so nice. We felt like we were in the middle of no where yet we were only a couple of minutes walk from down town.

Breakfast was really good. I am vegetarian and all dietary requirements are catered for. I always really appreciate this.

I would highly recommend staying here, great experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ems2011
Reviewed 24 February 2011

This place is very nicely located and very well decorated, unfortunately the owners are less than hospitable. If you are planning a function go anywhere else, these people are very good at making you and your guests feel very unwelcome as though you are intruding on their space and time. Be prepared to park in the mud as there is no parking, as well be prepared to be barked at non stop and have the dogs everywhere including at the table while you are eating.
This place is very expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: September 2010
5  Thank obieone_11
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Amazing, quiet, friendly...simply perfect. A little bit of paradise. Wine by the patio fireplace, a deep sleep in most comfortable bed and a delicious French toast with berries in the morning served by a handsome owner. All this surrounded by beautiful and wild mountains. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zaba54
Reviewed 4 December 2010

We organized a conference with 45 people and wanted to have one session take place in a venue representative of the beautiful scenery in the Calgary area.

We found Marek and Iwona's Riverside Chateau outside of Bragg Creek to be the ideal venue.

We were there in late July and the weather changed from sunny and calm in the morning to overcast with wind (and some rain) in the afternoon. No problem. We moved our session from their huge deck to the spacious living room which they had earlier arranged to accommodate us for this very eventuality.

Althought the conference took place over ten days, all of the participants agreed that the day spent at the Riverside Chateau was a highlight thanks to the unbeatable setting and the kindness of our hosts.

I would recommend the Riverside Chateau for meetings. My only regret is that all of us weren't able to stay overnight.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank tonymuszynski
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Unforgettable hospitality and surroundings. We particularly enjoyed the inspiring and relaxing chat by the fireplace! Gracious hosts. Devine breakfast. Highly recommended for a romantic get-away. Wish we could take the pooches home with us!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple