“C'est magnifique! Nothing like it!”
Review of Riverside Chateau

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bragg Creek
Riverside Chateau
Ranked #1 of 5 Bragg Creek B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“C'est magnifique! Nothing like it!”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed at the Riverside Chateau for 3 nights in September during a business trip. Thanks to the beauty of the surroundings, the peaceful perfection of the room and amenities and site and the discreet yet warm welcome of the hosts this turned into an unexpected rest. The breakfasts were world class. The lodge( as elegant as they get!) is within walking distance to Bragg Creek. The hideaway by the river reserved for the guests is a treat...Just too many delightful surprises to mention. Nothing like this in Western Canada. I can' t say enough about the hosts. The most gracious and interesting couple. I dare you to stay there and not be tempted to write a 'thank you' review!
En français maintenant: Le Riverside Chateau: l'excellence à tous les niveaux. Literie,décor, accueil, bouffe, emplacement ....tout est à la hauteur des vos attentes d'un gîte de très haut de gamme. Les hôtes sont d'une discrète élégance tout en assurant un accueil des plus chaleureux. Le rapport qualité-prix est excellent. Ne ratez pas l'occasion d'y passer quelques nuitées.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank joursdeplaine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I was born and raised in Calgary and have always enjoyed visiting Bragg Creek on the way out to Elbow Falls. While planning our wedding I happened upon the Riverside Chateau's website and was very pleased with their rates- much more reasonable than places in Banff. Once I met the female owner (their names escape me right now because it was in March of 2010) I felt this was the right place to get married- she is very warm and accomodating and I felt very welcomed. I believe ours was the first wedding these owners had done, and they did a great job. My only complaints are that 1) the parking lot is awkward and unpaved, HOWEVER they did make sure we were aware of the limited spaces ahead of time and I was able to warn my wedding guests of that and it wasn't a problem. And 2) when they set up the chairs for the ceremony, the aisle wasn't right in front of our archway which I feel may have made photos a little awkward for the photographer, and there were books on the mantle which I had asked to be removed.

We stayed there the night of our wedding and there were other guests too- in retrospect I wish I had booked the entire place out so that we had more privacy but that is my own fault trying to cut costs- the owners were very good at communicating how things work there and I recommend them.

Please note: This system requires that I click on a travel date but the furthest back it would go is August 2011- however we were there in March of 2010.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Xperiment
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My wife and I traveled from Edmonton to Bragg Creek to see Ron Sexsmith in concert, so we arranged for a one-night stay at the Riverside Chateau. It was our first visit, and we're already looking forward to our next. The chateau itself is a beautiful log mansion in the grand style, with inspired decoration and an open concept design. Situated on an acreage near the Elbow River, the Chateau is an amazing mixture of luxury and wilderness. From the moment we arrived until our departure, Mark and his wife were warm and genial, and did everything to ensure our comfort. We stayed in the large -- and very impressive -- Oak room, which offered a beautiful forest view. Excellent furnishings, and a very comfortable bed. In the morning Mark served an inspired breakfast; my wife and I agreed that the french toast was the best we'd ever had (ask them for the recipe). Full disclosure: None of this review is affected by the fact that we got to meet Ron Sexsmith, his wife, and one of the band members, who were also staying there. If you're on this website because you're considering a stay at the Riverside Chateau, keep in mind there's a reason for the overwhelming number of excellent reviews. It was without exception a positive experience. Enjoy.

Room Tip: The Oak room was very peaceful.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DrakeDeb
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My husband and I have stayed here before, a couple of years ago. We loved it then too, but such a difference. The hosts could not do enough for us, so friendly, we thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them. The rooms are so beautiful and comfortable. I read that someone else that stayed here did not like the fact that the windows had no coverings. No one can see you! Even if they could, so what! It is wonderful to wake up to the birds singing & the sun shining through the huge glass windows. The breakfast was so delicious! The stunning log home makes you feel you are home. We are going to stay at the Riverside Chateau again later this month. I would recommend staying at the Chateau to anyone!!! See you guys again soon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DeniseandNigel
Calgary
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Riverside Chateau is the most romantic place .Situated in the forest- still close to amenities: delicious ice cream place, shops and boutiques, restaurants-one is almost across the street.Beautiful log house a short walk from the river and pristine serenity. Lying down on your bed you can see the forest and deer walking by.The rooms are big and every one represents a different theme. There is a nice sitting area upstairs where you can relax, have a cup of tea and read a magazine about this gorgeous place Bragg Creek.It is a good starting point for hikes, cross country skiing or golfing. The owners are very friendly , helpful and nice and they are good cooks too. They will serve you breakfast like you have never had before. It is a wonderful place for weddinds, family reunions, seminars or just a romantic get away .

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank ChristinaCalgary
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2011

glorious location on the Elbow River in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, a short drive from Calgary, a grand log-house, a perfect setting for an intimate family / close friends function; all of us had a great time, with friendly, efficient service and useful advice leading up to the event; would highly recommend for any anniversary type occasion / private function where you want the setting and service to live up to the occasion

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tom S
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Visited the Riverside Chateau as part of a wedding, and holy mackerel, was I ever impressed! The property is on the outskirts of Bragg Creek, far enough to be private and feel like a real retreat, but close enough that you can walk into town for ice cream in about 15 minutes.

The rooms are spacious, tastefully furnished and the bathrooms luxurious in the way that you would expect a 5-star log cabin. Rustic but elegant! While the building itself is gorgeous and lends itself very well to both Bed & Breakfast and event hosting, the Hosts themselves, Iwona and Marek, are remarkable! Warm and gracious, from the beginning of our stay, they attended to all our needs and anticipated what we would need throughout the weekend. The breakfast is incredible, all freshly homemade (poached eggs, breakfast sandwiches, french toast, fruit and yogurt parfait, lemon loaf). I ate far more than I typically do for breakky because it was so good!

Maybe 50 meters behind the back porch you can walk to the Elbow River, and spend some beautiful time in the afternoon sun. Not sure about fitness center or room service, as we didn't use those, but otherwise SUPERB. Definitely 5 star.

Liked best - the hosts!!!
Liked least - I don't know...nothing. I'll be back soon.

Room Tip: Every room is good
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Hotel Elan
#3 of 109 in Calgary
Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino
#21 of 32 in Kananaskis Country

Been to Riverside Chateau? Share your experiences!