“"An Unforgettable Visit"”
Review of Riverside Chateau

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bragg Creek
Riverside Chateau
Ranked #1 of 5 Bragg Creek B&B and Inns
B.C.
“"An Unforgettable Visit"”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

An evening's visit on April 13, 2013 at this serene and beautiful chateau in the woods was accentuated by an April snowstorm beginning that afternoon and carrying on into the night. The beauty of this magnificent log mansion in the falling snow was picturesque and the warm and peaceful interior offered a relaxing and unforgettable evening. This is a very impressive building with huge logs giving the roof and ceiling reinforcement in a thoughtfully constructed environment designed to help you turn inward and find peace.

The hosts, Marek and Yvonna, warm and compassionate, have a talent for making us feel right at home upon our arrival. The bedrooms were gorgeous and had probably the most comfortable bed and Duvet I've had the pleasure to sleep on.

Yvonna's passion for cooking was revealed to us when she prepared our delicious and filling breakfast. This is surely a chef that should be at the helm of a Michelin star restaurant but instead has chosen to contribute to the well being of others with this Chateau retreat.

We will be back.

Dennis M

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank denramon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We've been to Riverside Chateau twice in the last month. It's beautiful & so comfortable. Lovely people & really cute well behaved dogs! We've had the most spectacular picnic by the river. The whole experience is magic. We'll return soon! Pat Graham

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pat G
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed for 2 nights while on my rocky mountain photography trip. After several strenuous days of hiking, this was the perfect ending to my trip. A great place to unwind, close to natural beauty. It is in a perfect location, near the Elbow River and the village of Bragg Cragg is a short walk away. The breakfast was world class, and the attention that I received by Alek and his wife was outstanding. They are wonderful people who make sure you are comfortable and well taken care of. It is a gorgeous accomodation with a lodge that is elegant and rustic at the same time. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a retreat to get away from the pace of everyday life.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a great appetite for breakfast. You will be well fed. Delicious!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JakeVandenbrink
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed at the Riverside Chateau for 3 nights in September during a business trip. Thanks to the beauty of the surroundings, the peaceful perfection of the room and amenities and site and the discreet yet warm welcome of the hosts this turned into an unexpected rest. The breakfasts were world class. The lodge( as elegant as they get!) is within walking distance to Bragg Creek. The hideaway by the river reserved for the guests is a treat...Just too many delightful surprises to mention. Nothing like this in Western Canada. I can' t say enough about the hosts. The most gracious and interesting couple. I dare you to stay there and not be tempted to write a 'thank you' review!
En français maintenant: Le Riverside Chateau: l'excellence à tous les niveaux. Literie,décor, accueil, bouffe, emplacement ....tout est à la hauteur des vos attentes d'un gîte de très haut de gamme. Les hôtes sont d'une discrète élégance tout en assurant un accueil des plus chaleureux. Le rapport qualité-prix est excellent. Ne ratez pas l'occasion d'y passer quelques nuitées.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank joursdeplaine
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I was born and raised in Calgary and have always enjoyed visiting Bragg Creek on the way out to Elbow Falls. While planning our wedding I happened upon the Riverside Chateau's website and was very pleased with their rates- much more reasonable than places in Banff. Once I met the female owner (their names escape me right now because it was in March of 2010) I felt this was the right place to get married- she is very warm and accomodating and I felt very welcomed. I believe ours was the first wedding these owners had done, and they did a great job. My only complaints are that 1) the parking lot is awkward and unpaved, HOWEVER they did make sure we were aware of the limited spaces ahead of time and I was able to warn my wedding guests of that and it wasn't a problem. And 2) when they set up the chairs for the ceremony, the aisle wasn't right in front of our archway which I feel may have made photos a little awkward for the photographer, and there were books on the mantle which I had asked to be removed.

We stayed there the night of our wedding and there were other guests too- in retrospect I wish I had booked the entire place out so that we had more privacy but that is my own fault trying to cut costs- the owners were very good at communicating how things work there and I recommend them.

Please note: This system requires that I click on a travel date but the furthest back it would go is August 2011- however we were there in March of 2010.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Xperiment
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My wife and I traveled from Edmonton to Bragg Creek to see Ron Sexsmith in concert, so we arranged for a one-night stay at the Riverside Chateau. It was our first visit, and we're already looking forward to our next. The chateau itself is a beautiful log mansion in the grand style, with inspired decoration and an open concept design. Situated on an acreage near the Elbow River, the Chateau is an amazing mixture of luxury and wilderness. From the moment we arrived until our departure, Mark and his wife were warm and genial, and did everything to ensure our comfort. We stayed in the large -- and very impressive -- Oak room, which offered a beautiful forest view. Excellent furnishings, and a very comfortable bed. In the morning Mark served an inspired breakfast; my wife and I agreed that the french toast was the best we'd ever had (ask them for the recipe). Full disclosure: None of this review is affected by the fact that we got to meet Ron Sexsmith, his wife, and one of the band members, who were also staying there. If you're on this website because you're considering a stay at the Riverside Chateau, keep in mind there's a reason for the overwhelming number of excellent reviews. It was without exception a positive experience. Enjoy.

Room Tip: The Oak room was very peaceful.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DrakeDeb
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My husband and I have stayed here before, a couple of years ago. We loved it then too, but such a difference. The hosts could not do enough for us, so friendly, we thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them. The rooms are so beautiful and comfortable. I read that someone else that stayed here did not like the fact that the windows had no coverings. No one can see you! Even if they could, so what! It is wonderful to wake up to the birds singing & the sun shining through the huge glass windows. The breakfast was so delicious! The stunning log home makes you feel you are home. We are going to stay at the Riverside Chateau again later this month. I would recommend staying at the Chateau to anyone!!! See you guys again soon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
The Fairmont Palliser
#19 of 109 in Calgary
Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino
#20 of 32 in Kananaskis Country

Been to Riverside Chateau? Share your experiences!