“Perfect Little Getaway”
Review of Riverside Chateau

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bragg Creek
Riverside Chateau
Ranked #1 of 5 Bragg Creek B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Perfect Little Getaway”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Living in Calgary it never really occured to me to seek out a pampering night away in the hamlet of Bragg creek... That has all changed. I highly recommend this elegant, log, European style B&B
right on the river on White Ave.
My husband and I went in April of this year and we were happy to hear that the devasting floods that rocked Bragg Creek did little damage to the Chateau.
If you are willing to splurge a little on yourself I highly recommend the Chateau.

Room Tip: I would recommend the room with the dry sauna on the deck overlooking the now closer river.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were the first guests in this beautiful home after what has been called the Flood of the Century! We will return home with tremendous respect for the force of nature, the community of Bragg Creek, this beautiful home and its owners Marek and Yvonna. We arrived unexpectedly but were welcomed immediately and spoiled for three days - a beautiful room, excellent breakfasts and owners who were welcoming and accommodating in every sense of the word. We will never forget our exceptional experience here and are determined to return often - to new friends!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank A&BOakville
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway from Calgary. We couldn't have been more impressed with our stay at the wonderful Riverside Chateau. The Chateau is very relaxing and beautiful. On top of this the B&B hosts are wonderful people that give you a warm greeting the moment you arrive and ensure your enjoying your stay. The breakfast are tasty and enjoyed in the beautiful breakfast setting. We enjoyed our days on nice walks throughout Bragg Creek and through the provincial park. We cannot say enough good things about our stay here. We'll definitely be returning, summer or winter.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Chestermere
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My fiance and I stayed two nights in this peaceful riverside retreat. When you pull up to the Chateau you are met with a beautifully built log structure with huge windows and a wrap around porch with an outdoor fireplace. Even though you are minutes from the middle of Bragg Creek, where the Chateau is located, you feel as if you are in the middle of the wilderness and it is so peaceful and serene. Our room was upstairs and faced the river and when we looked out our window, we got to see a family of deer as they made their way to the river. Marek and Iwona welcomed us and made us feel at home and as if we were part of their family. The gourmet breakfasts we enjoyed were served to us up in the loft where again we got to see the deer casually stroll across the property. I loved how any request we made were met with enthusiasim and was well beyond our expectations. The Chateau was exceptionally clean and well maintained. Our bed was one of the most comfortable we had ever slept in. Marek and Iwona encouraged us to explore their property and told us all about Bragg Creek and all the wonderful shops there. If you are looking for a relaxing way to spend the weekend then we definitely recommend the Riverside Chateau. My fiance and I have decided we will be making this a yearly trip!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle B
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I am from Sweden and I travel a lot all over the world. The Riverside Chateau in Bragg Creek, Canada is a definitely one of the most beautiful and unique places I have ever visited. I was absolutely taken by the experience which has the very best of Canada.

The hosts, Mark and Iwona are very warm and friendly and they were eager to make my stay extraordinary. It was a lovely start to the day to eat a gourmet breakfast prepared by Iwona on the huge deck, listening to the sound of the river and seeing the deer peacefully walk by. Those pancakes were the best!

The Riverside Chateau is a warm and inviting place, right where nature is at its most beautiful self. It is luxurious, yet a place that feels like home. My room had a beautiful design with details that made me feel both the western touch and luxury at the same time. The most comfortable bed as well.

It was a highlight of my extensive travelings and a most wonderful experience I will not forget. I certainly recommend anyone that would like a true 5 star experience in the heart of nature, yet not far from Calgary, to stay in The Riverside Chateau.

Carita G

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Carita G
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 14 May 2013

In my travels throughout the world I always search for something exceptional that can classify as truly outstanding. To me, the Riverside Chateau has it, something not easily found anywhere else. It has a combination of a refined elegance in a grand and spectacular log manor, with a beautiful river in the back of the property with white running waters, one can see deer walking by in front of the numerous windows, and there is simply attention to all details imaginable by both of the hosts which include a delicious and fantastic cuisine which can compete with any world-class resort, they offer fine-tasting wine, and the whole experience is just a high-level, superb, all-around exceptional one. Both of the hosts themselves are very friendly, cultured, courteous, have a fine sense of humor and, when asked to, can engage in an intelligent and stimulating conversation. This is truly a most inspiring place, with really lovely hosts, a place which I won't easily forget. I've recommend it to my friends as one of the best places to visit.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Ricardo S
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed one night in this magnificent retreat! Riverside Chateau is the perfect place to relax in the wilderness. You have the deers walking in the garden, the sound of the river is calming in the background and the world class service from the most friendly hosts makes it all complete. You have beautiful hikes right around the corner and Bragg Creek has some pretty shops to explore too. Perfect for a nice weekend!

• Stayed May 2013
Hotel Elan
#2 of 109 in Calgary
Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino
#21 of 32 in Kananaskis Country

Been to Riverside Chateau? Share your experiences!