All reviewshen doliving roomgreat weekendlocal pubon arrivalgreat housebirthday weekendget togethereverything you could possibly needbed linenbeautiful settingwent smoothlyafternoon teabig groupfood shoppingdecking areadean
Reviewed 29 August 2012

An ideal place to have a hen party. We had a great weekend full of fun and laughter. St Swithens was perfect for the activities/ dinner we had planned and a huge advantage is that it's so easy to get to by train or car. The actual house is stunning, with superb attention to detail from cleansing wipes to a " hangover cupboard" for the morning after. Dean was more than accommodating and made every effort to ensure we had everything we needed. Couldn't recommend or rate St Swithens more highly. May you future brides and hens have as good a weekend there as we did!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Enzodelilah
MishterMilroy, Owner at St. Swithins Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

How amazing to be booked by ladies living all over the country and yet the organiser's mum & dad live in the same village and tried to book my house for a totally different reason a couple of years back. Incredible.

Anyway you ladies certainly put the 'S' fairly and squarely in front of my target market i.e. Sophisticated Hen Party! You were all charming, funny and great fun.

It was both a joy and a pleasure to have you as guests of St. Swithins Cottage.

Thanking you once again for all your kind and generous words.

Best.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed in the Pink Tents for two NIghts in July and it was amazing! It was so nice to do something different. The tents were really girly and comfortable. During the weekend we had a BBQ, Take Away and lovely dinner in the local pub. We played games, toasted Marshmallows and sat around the camp fire in the evening. There wasn't anything that could have made our experience any better.We would highly recommend it! Dean was a fabulous host.

3  Thank Zoe9999999
MishterMilroy, Owner at St. Swithins Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

As always another fabulous group of ladies from all walks of life coming together doing something slightly different from the norm and having a dashed good laugh with loads of fun!

It is all you lovely ladies that make my days so special and my entire aim is to see you all smile - in doing that I too smile and all those that help to make it special for you smile as well.

Thank you one and all.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

What a fab weekend!! When you're asked to organise a hen do for one of your best friends who likes things a little different than the average gal, you have to get creative! And we totally landed on our feet with this place. On arrival, we were greeted by the lovely, if eccentric Dean, the host with the most. He couldn't do enough for us, so helpful in every way. We were so so lucky with the weather and were able to enjoy the site to its full potential, including a cowgirl themed night, with BBQ, line dancing and campfire. The tents were well furnished with very comfy beds, lighting and heating, although we didn't need that! The toilet and shower facilities were, of course (!!) PINK and clean, with hot water and lighting - always important! The added extras for us were the use of the barn, which contained fridges big enough for all our food and drink, and the presence of Dave "Army", the security guard at night, made us feel very safe and secure and was much appreciated by all the girls.
The surrounding countryside was beautiful and the local amenities were very handy - the butchers, bakers and corner shops in Hurst, as well as the nearby pubs! Would also recommend a trip to Stanlake Park vineyard to sample their yummy English wine!
Every single girl had a great weekend and we'd love to come back again!! Thank you very much Dean! :)

1  Thank Olivia S
MishterMilroy, Owner at St. Swithins Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Mr. Eccentric here - I love it! A few years ago my two sons asked me "Dad do you think you are eccentric?" to which I just laughed so very happy to be different to all others.

Anyway I am so happy you all enjoyed yourselves and I must say you were my most glamourous Absolutely Fabulous Glampers. I remember seeing a bunch of you ladies putting your make-up on whilst sitting on my pub benches in the sunshine using the large square hanging PVC mirrors from the cocktail tables and it just made me smile. It's so nice to see twinkling ideas in your mind turn into reality.

Also a big thank you for supporting our local butcher and baker as that is what this is all about.

Finally nice to see "Army" Dave getting a mention too as we are a growing team doing all we can to make your short stay as special as possible.

Hopefully we may see some of you again.

Many, many thanks for all your encouraging words.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

From the minute we got there Dean made us feel at home!
We stayed in 3 of the hen Coops and had the best time.
We were very lucky with the weather, so managed to make full use of the whole glamping experience!!
We had a barbeque one evening, were able to use the barn for hen activites and were looked after really well, nothing was too much trouble.
The hen coops were pink and very girlie with real beds, duvets, mirrors and fairy lights!
My only wish was for a full lenght mirror!
The toilets and showers were fine (also in pink!!) and even had make up wipes provided!
The owner Dean was really friendly and helpful.
Special thanks goes to Dave the security man who lit our barbeque, moved benches and even stayed up til after 2am to make sure we were safely home after our night out in Ascot!!!
Thank you Dean and Dave for make our Hen weekend so special!!!

Room Tip: Bring a torch!!!
2  Thank Helenbuckingham
MishterMilroy, Owner at St. Swithins Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

It's so great meeting all you adventurous ladies who are prepared to try something just a little bit different - I do believe it will provide you all with some wonderful memories!

As a result of some of your fantastic ideas there are now 4 rounded corner mirrors per tent hanging from little hooks on the side of the central cocktail table and I have seen the girls using them on the pub benches to put their make-up on etc. Funny for a bloke but, I know, a necessity for you lovely ladies.

I have also contacted the supplier of these perspex mirrors with a view to having a wall of mirrors facing you as you come out of the shower units! It will be so fab when and if they can do it - so thank you for such a brill idea.

Additionally now each tent has its own lantern light (pink of course) and a luminous pink torch which they can use at night around the site or on walks to and from the local pubs. I have even purchased extra torches for the pubs so if they go there in the daytime and don't take their torches then they still have ones at the pubs to use.

It is through guest experiences such as yours that we can refine our product offering further and reach for our goal of Absolutely Fabulous Glamping!

Thank you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

St Swithins, where do I start! I was looking for somewhere to stay for the night that had character ( I try very hard to stay away from generic hotels!) and St Swithins sounded like my kind of place so I booked for the night I needed to be away.

When I arrived at the house I was met by the owner Dean, and we immediately settled down for a chin wag and a cup of coffee. Our conversation came back to his beautiful 5 bedroom / 3 bathroom house. It has a Scottish theme (all the rooms are named after Scottish Isles) and it is so tastefully decorated.

Over the weekend Dean caters every whim for hen parties with the whole house being taken over and also with his “Glamping” facilities in his extensive grounds. His wonderful description almost made me want to get married just for the hen night! However during the week the house is a b&b with everything catered for. Its unconventional as you have the run of the house and can cook for yourself or bring in a take away. Its like a home from home and when you work away that’s very welcomed and refreshing.

Dean is an amazing host and I will be definitely be back in the future for more of this glorious atmosphere and Dean's fabulous banter!

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed which room you stay in.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for your very generous words - it is my absolute mission to endeavour to please all my guests to the very best of my ability and to treat them all as very good friends which is what, in so many cases, is exactly what happens.

So as my friend you are most welcome any time.

My grateful thanks.