“Good hotel with an EXCELLENT Restaurant”
Review of Frobisher Inn

Frobisher Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Iqaluit
New Minas
“Good hotel with an EXCELLENT Restaurant”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I've stayed at The Frob. on numerous occasions and with the exception of the front desk staff, it's always a fantastic stay. Their rooms are clean and well appointed. They are located in a convenient spot with minimal traffic noise with very nice views from the higher rooms.
Their restaurant is top shelf!! The food is incredible with locally caught char and caribou dishes as options. There's no skim ping on quality at their restaurant with food that rivals any to be had in larger city locations.

Room Tip: Pick one of the upper level rooms for the best view and avoid being placed in a room above their bar...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
GMFrobisherInn, General Manager at Frobisher Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. Feedback is the number one way we can improve, and your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for the great comments regarding our restaurant, we strive to be the restaurant of choice in Iqaluit, and we are constantly trying to improve our offerings. I will ensure I pass your comments on to our Chef and Food and Beverage Manager. Thanks again for talking the time to respond.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2013

There isn't much to choose from in Iqaluit, so the Frobisher is probably as good as you're going to get. The restaurant food prices reflect the difficulty in getting supplies to the north... VERY expensive, but the local artists bring their crafts table to table selling high quality goods at very reasonable prices. It kind of makes up for the $17 ceasar salads and the $40 venison ravioli. The room was small and not exceptionally clean.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank trekker21120
GMFrobisherInn, General Manager at Frobisher Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Frobisher Inn, its nice to hear the positive and negative feedback so we can improve. We take pride in the services we provide, and the cleanliness of the hotel, I will ensure our comments are shared and followed up with in regards to the Gallery Restaurant and your Hotel Room. Thank you again for your comments, it is much appreciated
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Was at this hotel recently for business and it fell short in every way. The front desk was not prepared for the number of guests checking in and struggled with questions regarding booking issues. Rooms were not ready and many were not very clean (hairs on bedding, debris on the carpet). After a couple of nights, realized my room had never been vaccuumed so had to leave housekeeping a note to ask that they take care of this. Rooms are insanely hot so you need to leave a window open all day and don't bother with their wireless internet as you won't get anything done online. Was on the 3rd floor with a north-facing view so ended up staring across at another building all day (doesn't make you want to open your drapes). Local calls are supposed to be 95 cents a call, but they ended up billing me by the minute ir something (following up on this). Food and service in the hotel bar are the worst you'll ever experience, but options are limited in this area. Heard colleagues staying at the other hotels did much better so consider your options.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a south-facing view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sonny S
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Frobisher Inn. I apologize for you having such an unpleasant stay at our hotel, it is unacceptable to me for any guests to experience those type of service and cleanliness issues. We take pride in ensuring all our guests have the best experience possible. I will share your comments with our Dept. Managers and follow-up with them directly. We take our guest feedback and comments very seriously and this feedback helps us to improve. Thank you again for sending us a review it is much appreciated

Travellers are raving about these Iqaluit hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Although it was the end of April, and the temperatures outside were hovering around freezing, the room was too hot almost all the time. I was on the third floor and had a view of the bay. I did ask for a room with a view, but didn’t quite realize how hot it would get. Luckily, with the window open all night, I could sleep fine.

Actually, I had good sleeps as the bed is quite comfortable. Even the slippery bedspread didn’t bother me too much.

I did wish I had known that the restaurant would be closed for renovations during my stay. Although there was a bar on site, I prefer to eat healthier meals for dinner while travelling. Having to go out to another restaurant in the wind and rain wasn’t great – especially because I prefer walking and the Frobisher is up on the hill and not really close to anything else.

Room Tip: Apparently the rooms on the bay side on the second floor are not as hot.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DayleePaleta
GMFrobisherInn, General Manager at Frobisher Inn, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to write a review for the Frobisher Inn, its nice to hear the positive and negative feedback so we can improve. We sometimes do have issues with the heat, as the temperature can change so frequently in Iqaluit, that we cannot turn off the heat in the building until we know for sure the temperature outside will stay warm for a period of time, this causes the hotel to sometimes be too warm, but we thank you for your feedback. In regards to our restaurant, we apologize that you were inconvenienced, these renovations were needed so that we could service yourself and our guests better in the future. Thank you again for your comments, it is much appreciated
Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Feels like a regular hotel down south. Convenient to have convenience store, coffee shop, bar and restaurant on site. Rooms were a bit tight but nice, with a desk. Not enough power outlets, making it awkward to use my laptop. Room service prices were very reasonable. No kitchens available - but would be my preferred choice when I don't need one.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
GMFrobisherInn, General Manager at Frobisher Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to write a review for the Frobisher Inn, its nice to hear the positive and negative feedback so we can improve. Thank you again for your comments, it is much appreciated
Merrickville
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stay at the frobisher often for business and am always comfortable and feel secure. The room service is quick and very tasty. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I have stayed at other hotels in Iqaluit and this is my favorite.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
GMFrobisherInn, General Manager at Frobisher Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Frobisher Inn. We take pride in our staff training, and service, and keeping our guests safe and happy while here. Its nice to hear such positive feedback. I will ensure I pass this on to our staff. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, it is much appreciated.
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Just stayed at this hotel and had a very good stay.
The staff is great and will try to make your stay comfortable.
They went above and beyond several times to assist us and all of the restaurant and bar staff made us feel welcome.
The rooms are clean and well kept, and I had a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: I prefer to have a room that overlooks the community rather than the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
GMFrobisherInn, General Manager at Frobisher Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Frobisher Inn. It seems that most like to write a review when something goes wrong with their stay, but its very refreshing to recieve a review from someone who had a favourable experince. We take pride in our training, and service, and we value your comments. I will ensure I pass this on to our staff. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, it is much appreciated.