“The Frobisher Inn - A great place to stay when visiting Iqaluit”
Review of Frobisher Inn

Frobisher Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Iqaluit
Nova Scotia, Canada
“The Frobisher Inn - A great place to stay when visiting Iqaluit”
Reviewed 4 September 2009

I recently traveled to Iqaluit on business and stayed overnight in The Frobisher Inn. I was quite surprised by the size of the hotel considering the community is really not that big. The check-in process was painless and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The Storehouse Bar & Grill is on-site and I was lucky enough to be there on the night chicken wings were on sale. The bar filled quickly, the wings were great, the beer was cold ($6.50 ea), the people friendly. Many local artisans went from table to table peddling their locally made wares but they were really not intrusive at all and many of the items were of very high quality. The room was pleasant with new looking carpets, linens and draperies. The bathroom was very functional and clean but was not stocked with many amenities. Wireless internet was included but I did not have my laptop with me on this trip to evaluate the signal or bandwidth. The checkout process was quick and painless. Also available on site were a sandwich bar and a mid sized convenience store. While The Frobisher Inn provided me everything I needed during my stay and more. It's not a luxury hotel by any means.. but I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable place to stay for a few nights in Iqaluit (Frobisher Bay).

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin00019

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Charlottetwon, PEI, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2006

I stayed at the Frobisher Inn in early July 2006 for a few nights. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Ask for a room with a view of the harbour and Frobisher Bay. The food was ok. The overall room and furnishings are on the level of a Comfort Inn. On the dark side, it was cold during our visit and the hotel had turned off the heat followng some warm weather a few days previous. The room was 15-16 degrees celsius in the morning and late evening. The vent in the bathroom near the ceiling was the same vent as the bathroom in the adjoining room -- so I could hear showers etc. The walls are thin. Noise travels so I could hear music and the the rythme of snoring in the night from nearby rooms -- although I slept well. Although the people are nice, tourism in Iqaluit is not well developed. It is difficult to find things to do or places to eat. I'd recommend contacting Polynya Tours (Eric) that was advertised at the hotel front desk. Take a city tour and and ride up the nearby Sylvia Grennell River. A visit to the unspoiled beauty of the Tundra on a river trip made the cost and minor inconveniences seem unimportant. If I return I might consider a B&B where I could cook my own food.

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank dxpedlar

Travellers are raving about these Iqaluit hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 March 2005

They have abundant hot water and sheets that seem to have been cleaned sometime in the last few weeks. Food is actually pretty good.
The bar seems to attract the local singles crowd (don't ask) and apparently, after a few drinks, the competition begins. We found long strands of hair that had been pulled out during the night on the lobby floor when we left in the morning. On the other hand, where else can you stay in Iqaluit?

• Stayed February 1999, travelled on business
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 August 2004

Stayed here January 2003, and there is not much choice other than this hotel if you are looking for a full service establishment.
The restaurant was okay and so were the rooms.
I was not impressed with the staff, who were extremely rude & not helpful at all. Would I stay here again? not likely.

18 Thank onemangang1000