“A home away from home”

Nunatak Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iqaluit
Nunatak Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Iqaluit B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Nunattaq suites is my home away from home while I am in Iqaluit. So much so that I was hesitant to write a review-If it gets too popular I'll never be able to make reservations for the next time I arrive in the community! The previous review is quite comprehensive and exactly explains how great the b & b is. I'll just add some additional information. There is a great view of the lake from the back two bedrooms as well as the dining table and the living room.
The Suites is very nice. It, like all of the other rooms, has a very comfortable bed. It includes a TV and ensuite bathroom with a clawfoot tub with a shower. The has a full stove, microwave and fridge as well as a small dining space. There is also a loft area with easy chairs.
In the main house there is a very large conference room with a separate entrance as well that would be ideal for meetings. There is a full bath and a half bath just down the hall from the conference room. Additionally, if you have extra guests there is a full bed (or two maybe?) that can be set up in the conference room. Often, our group will book the entire house and there can be nights with a few less and others with a few more people. The extra bed in the conference room is just like having a very large bedroom.
One of the major advantages to staying here rather than a hotel is the ability to cook your own meals. We buy food for a few days from the NorthMart or Arctic Ventures and cook. Going out to eat can be quite pricey in Iqaluit, as in any Northern community.
Another advantage of staying at Nunattaq suites is that it has a washing machine. Ideal if you are travelling for an extended period of time.
Outside there is a patio with a BBQ, and also a picnic table.
While I love this place, I feel the need to be honest when writing reviews. The sound does carry a bit from room to room. It is handy to bring a pair of earplus incase the person staying in the suite is a night owl who loves watching TV and you are an early bird, or vice versa.
Overall, Julie is amazing and the personal service she provides and extra perks make this a very comfortable place to stay in Iqaluit.
If you are staying here, Taxi drivers do not know the name "Nunattaq suites". Tell them that you are going to 4141. The house numbers in the city are such that the road name is not necessary

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank gxqpp
Reviewed 10 August 2007

Nunatak B&B is a brand new house. It opened in May 2007 and I stayed there twice in July 2007.

There are four comfortable bedrooms on the second floor, each with it's own full bathroom and TV. One room has a tub and the others have showers. There is also a separate apartment with its own entance. The back of the house overlooks a pond,
hence the street name Lake View. Ask for the room with the tub, that room has the best view!

The kitchen is well appointed with stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, coffee pot, kettle and everything you need if you want to cook. When I was there breakfast was "Help yourself to anything in the kitchen" and there was anything I could want for breakfast from cereals, toast, oatmeal, bacon, eggs, pancakes, three kinds of coffee and herbal teas.
In the afternoon there were homemade goodies on the table (Brownies one day, caramel squares the next).

The living room has a couch and chair with a lovely view over the pond. Between the hills you can see downtown and on a clear day all the way to the airport.
It's CLEAN and QUIET! Very clean, nicely decorated with a homey feeling.

The owner is wonderful. On my first trip Julie met me at the airport at noon, drove me to the B&B, provided a map and suggestions for walking/shopping in the afternoon and the other guests suggested places for dinner. On my second trip she met the flight at midnight and had saved me a homemade desert to tuck into before bed. Those are the kind of little extras that would have me coming back again.
Clean, quiet, comfortable, great kitchen and nice owner = 5stars.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
19  Thank sandystorm

Been to Nunatak Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!