“Perfect Day - again!!”

Archipelago Wildlife Cruises
Ranked #1 of 36 Tours in Ucluelet
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For an unforgettable West Coast experience, join Al & Toddy Landry aboard their luxurious 53 foot motor yacht for a very personalized tour to view whales, bears, sea lions and other wildlife in comfort. More than just wildlife viewing, their interpretive tours include a scenic cruise through the sheltered waters of the Broken Group islands and a gourmet meal while at anchor. Romantic sunset cruises and private charters are also available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I just took my second cruise with Al and Toddy. I went last year with my husband and a week ago with my sisters. Both experiences were fabulous! My sisters enjoyed the breath-taking scenery, traveling in luxury, and getting up close and personal with many kinds of animals. We saw lots of Orcas (thanks to our hosts' expertise), bald eagles, otters, sea lions, porpoises, starfish, and even a bear! We learned lots of new fun facts about the west coast area and the wonderful wildlife that inhabits it. The Broken Group Islands are unmatched in pristine beauty. The luxurious salmon luncheon in a lovely cove was delicious and memorable. Our hosts stayed flexible, forming plans that allowed our best chance to see wonderful wildlife. They also make sure you get to take any special pictures you want and get you as close as possible to many interesting sites. Take this cruise with Al and Toddy! Let them spoil you and treat you like a special guest in their home. I promise you will love this cruise and find more to love about the ocean and it's inhabitants!

All reviews
"tea and coffee"
"top deck"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My sisters & I went out with Toddy & Al 7-13-2014. (One of my sisters had gone with them another time.) We had a delightfully wonderful day. Toddy & Al think of everything and seemed to love sharing their lovely floating home with us! We saw LOTS of wildlife: orcas, seals, sea lions, bear, bald eagles, sea otters, and starfish. They are informative, fun, and gracious. (And they loved seeing the animals as much as we did!) They went out of their way to make sure we saw wildlife and breathtaking scenery and had a great experience. AND the gourmet lunch was terrific! Highly recommend this cruise!! You will be glad you went :)

1  Thank Mary R
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Fabulous day. Very personal. Felt like we were out with friends. Al and Toddy made us so welcome and had thought of everything from sea sickness pills to blankets and binoculars. Saw lots of wildlife including Orcas and sea otters. Would definitely go again with them if ever we are able to return. Gourmet lunch recommended!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Excellent scenery, wildlife, and food. Our hosts were patient and generous with their time, answering questions and giving recommendations and advice on other activities in the area. This was our second visit and we saw a wide variety of wildlife and lots of new vistas.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Traveling on this mini cruise on Al and Toddy's home was truly a spectacular way to see this area. Even though the first half was a gray and slightly cold day, the views, the eagles, seals, sea lions, the sky and sea, islands -- it was all beautiful. No whales or bears, but that is all okay (this is not a zoo!!). We truly enjoyed the history of the area too. I get really seasick, but their boat was so stable, it was nothing for me. Buy the lunch, because the food was great. This trip made our vacation to the area complete.