“Home away from Home!”

West Coast Motel on the Harbour
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Ucluelet
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was in need of a hotel and was so glad I chose this home away from home. It's was a great pleasure to be helped by the owners Brenda and Jeff. The decorations around the area sure made it special to see everything so clean and well kept. We stayed in the kitchen suite the queen sized bed was really comfortable and even had a hideaway bed was also comfortable as well. Not only a TV in the main room but also in the bedroom as well with both TV's mounted on each wall. Even outside our room was a wonderful miniature cabin built by their daughter which really gave it that welcoming feeling at a excellent price. Brenda also gave me the smackdown on all the great sites and restaurants in town she really knows everything so don't hesitate to ask. Will definately return and recommend the next time I come to visit the west coast of Vancouver Island.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernie B
Westcoastmotel, Owner at West Coast Motel on the Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hello Bernie!

Thank you to you and your friend for coming. It was lovely to see you enjoy Ucluelet so much. We look forward to your return visit to our lovely town!

Happy travels,

There are newer reviews for West Coast Motel on the Harbour

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My room had what I needed was spotless And I know for a fact if I did need somthing or had a problem it would be taken care of to the best of their abilites. I have never felt so at home with the super friendly staff and town. When I wasnt sure what to do the owner was happy to send my in the right direction. So dont be shy ask!!!!! You wont be disappointed.
And I cant forget the WET SAUNA!!!! My second favorite about the hotel next to the service #1

WILL BE RETURNING!!! I cant wait to bring my family.
Thanx for the Amazing time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacob P
Westcoastmotel, Owner at West Coast Motel on the Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hello!

We are looking forward to meeting the family! Hope they will enjoy the sauna as much as you. It's so nice to watch our guests have such a great adventure in the area and get outside and be active! Soon, you'll be an expert surfer.

See you soon and happy travels!

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Great place, wonderful location in walking distance to Main Street. The staff were friendly, helpful and able to great recommendation on what to do and the best places to eat. The room was cozy and very clean!! Although we did not have the time to take advantage of the fitness faculties they were there and plan on doing so next time. We plan on coming back!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank SAnneM31

Thanks for coming folks!! Glad you enjoyed our place. Next time you come, we will send you home with a "six-pack" with all the gym workouts, you'll do. Hope we see you soon.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely place. Really enjoyed and even extended our stay here. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The pool and sauna were great. Everything is very close and there are some fantastic walks near by. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank billie a
Westcoastmotel, Owner at West Coast Motel on the Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you very much for the kind words and are pleased you liked our place! We do hope you can make it back up again soon. Thanks for the business.

Happy travels!

Brenda

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Well maintained and squeaky clean. Comfortable bed. Two big new TVs. Fridge, stove, microwave, etc.. Everything we needed for a couple of nights (or more) in our kitchen unit. One minor recommendation for improvement would be for matching cutlery, crockery and glassware. The mismatched ones seemed just a bit tacky to us! But all-in-all, a great place to stay. I'd stay again; but I'd choose a harbour-view upper floor room.

Room Tip: I would have preferred - and would recommend - spending a few dollars more for a harbour-view room o...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi folks!

Thanks for coming and then taking the time to write a fantastic review. We do appreciate it! Our harbour-view rooms await your return visit, anytime.

With regards to matching our cutlery and dishes, we do know their are some folks who love everything to match. We could make that effort, but it is difficult to do so and not in line with our "green philosophy" or "budget philosophy". Dishes break frequently and although we order case lots of dishes, everytime we order, there seems to be a new pattern or style and we can't always get the old. So, we could replace everything with new, matching dishes every year - the high-end hotels actually do this, but then we are discarding perfectly good dishes and incurring a huge expense, which is a little bit of a burden on a property that does not have the $400 a night rooms. So, we feel it is better to make sure they are super-clean and not in disrepair and that your kitchen suite has everything you need (although feel free to ask us, if there is something you feel you need). Our own home is that way as well - my mother-in-law laughs at my mismatched dishes, but I feel better about using up what we have.

Happy travels and hope we see you soon!

Brenda

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was my first stay in the area for a while and I was pleasantly surprised by the "basic" accommodations I was expecting.

Thanks Brenda for your warm, personable, helpful hospitality! Kudos to your cleaning staff on keeping things immaculate.

I will definitely stay with you again. I'd love to enjoy your pool next time and take time to enjoy the beauty of this uniquely rugged paradise.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Pat v
Westcoastmotel, Owner at West Coast Motel on the Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you, Pat, for coming! A Euro sleeper may be small, but is excellent value for 1 night. We are so pleased that you found it to be comfortable and clean. We do hope to see you again soon, with your bathing suit packed!

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was totally impressed by this little motel on my last stay in Ucluelet. Normally I don't stay in motels period, because I prefer all the amenities and services that hotels usually provide. Having said that, during my previous stay in Ucluelet, I had a bad experience at the Black Rock Resort so this time I decided to try something different.

The West Coast Motel is very well kept, and is clean and comfortable. Upon checking in, I was greeted and welcomed by the owners who were friendly and provided excellent service throughout my stay. The motel has a huge gym/pool facility that could compete with any fitness centre anywhere and despite not planning to use it, I found myself hitting the weights for the first time in a long time.

I wanted a nice view so the girl who took my reservation suggested the "little green cabin" to me. As soon as I arrived to the cabin, all the stress melted away and I felt instantly comfortable and relaxed. Also, the cabin is of course very environmentally friendly which is nice because we can always work on reducing our ecological footprint; even when on holidays!

Room Tip: The little green cabin was great!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Brasstackstrvlr
Westcoastmotel, Owner at West Coast Motel on the Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Happy to hear you found the Little Green Cabin so relaxing! Thank you for your visit and taking the time to review our place!

Happy travels,

Brenda and Jeff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ucluelet
Best Western Tin Wis Resort
Canadian Princess Lodge
Canadian Princess Lodge
#10 of 11 in Ucluelet
Water's Edge Shoreside Suites

Been to West Coast Motel on the Harbour? Share your experiences!