West Coast Motel on the Harbour
  • Free Internet
US$282
Wild Edge Lodge(Ucluelet)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsindoor poolgreat gymsmall boatfloating restaurantwithin walking distancerestaurants and shopsstay there againcomfortable roomthe blue roomsmall balconyshort walkgreat place to stayfull kitchenwild pacificlong beachsaunakitchenette
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was a nice clean little hotel. We stayed in room 118 which has a queen and twin bed and a little kitchen area. We were not able to arrive until 1:00 a.m.; since we knew we were going to be very late, we called ahead and found out where the key would be. At the same time, she did let us know how to get a hold of her if we had any issues at that hour. The staff was friendly and answered any questions I had about the town (mostly where a good place to grab breakfast was). I think the only issue we ever had was that our remote control quit working and that was fixed and replaced by the time we got back for the day, so I see that as a non-issue really. The bedroom area stayed very dark and we all slept comfortably. I would recommend this hotel. I read the complaints or bad reviews about this hotel and had to kind of laugh at those. I did not have any of those issues and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Crystal R
Westcoastmotel, Owner at West Coast Motel on the Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Crystal (and family),

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write a nice review. Thank you for reporting the broken remote. We do check these things at check out, but the way everything is made these days, things break and can do so during the stay. We are always happy to come down and reprogram or replace the remote, toaster, coffee maker, whatever decides to break down. We find many guests can shy about these things and instead of reporting it during the stay, make a comment at check out that something was broken and they had assumed we knew that it was. If we did - we would fix it, of course. So thanks! We are happy you had such a great stay and hope you will come back again soon.

Happy travels to you and the family!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was in need of a hotel and was so glad I chose this home away from home. It's was a great pleasure to be helped by the owners Brenda and Jeff. The decorations around the area sure made it special to see everything so clean and well kept. We stayed in the kitchen suite the queen sized bed was really comfortable and even had a hideaway bed was also comfortable as well. Not only a TV in the main room but also in the bedroom as well with both TV's mounted on each wall. Even outside our room was a wonderful miniature cabin built by their daughter which really gave it that welcoming feeling at a excellent price. Brenda also gave me the smackdown on all the great sites and restaurants in town she really knows everything so don't hesitate to ask. Will definately return and recommend the next time I come to visit the west coast of Vancouver Island.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernie B
Westcoastmotel, Owner at West Coast Motel on the Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hello Bernie!

Thank you to you and your friend for coming. It was lovely to see you enjoy Ucluelet so much. We look forward to your return visit to our lovely town!

Happy travels,

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My room had what I needed was spotless And I know for a fact if I did need somthing or had a problem it would be taken care of to the best of their abilites. I have never felt so at home with the super friendly staff and town. When I wasnt sure what to do the owner was happy to send my in the right direction. So dont be shy ask!!!!! You wont be disappointed.
And I cant forget the WET SAUNA!!!! My second favorite about the hotel next to the service #1

WILL BE RETURNING!!! I cant wait to bring my family.
Thanx for the Amazing time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacob P
Westcoastmotel, Owner at West Coast Motel on the Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hello!

We are looking forward to meeting the family! Hope they will enjoy the sauna as much as you. It's so nice to watch our guests have such a great adventure in the area and get outside and be active! Soon, you'll be an expert surfer.

See you soon and happy travels!

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Great place, wonderful location in walking distance to Main Street. The staff were friendly, helpful and able to great recommendation on what to do and the best places to eat. The room was cozy and very clean!! Although we did not have the time to take advantage of the fitness faculties they were there and plan on doing so next time. We plan on coming back!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank SAnneM31

Thanks for coming folks!! Glad you enjoyed our place. Next time you come, we will send you home with a "six-pack" with all the gym workouts, you'll do. Hope we see you soon.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely place. Really enjoyed and even extended our stay here. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The pool and sauna were great. Everything is very close and there are some fantastic walks near by. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank billie a
Westcoastmotel, Owner at West Coast Motel on the Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you very much for the kind words and are pleased you liked our place! We do hope you can make it back up again soon. Thanks for the business.

Happy travels!