Stayed at Black Rock for a wedding and it was a beautiful venue for the wedding. The check in service was fast and efficient. Loved the 1 bedroom suite with kitchenette and large floor heated bathroom and comfy bed. Overall, very nice hotel and rooms, however the room lacked "freshness" and had a bit of stale air in the room. I was in other rooms in the hotel and they seemed fresher so maybe it was just my room. The other thing was opening the balcony door was a bit tricky and the instructions on locking/unlocking the door were poorly written. Ate at Fetch for breakfast and the food was great as was the service. However, tried to get a bite to eat at the lounge around 9pm and they had a very limited selection and did not have anything vegetarian and the staff would not even put together a simple salad. I had another friend who is vegetarian who had the same problem. So if you get there late or want to eat late and you are a vegetarian, make sure you bring some food with you. Also one night, the maintenance man was knocking at the room next to ours at 1am and the people in the room was not answering but their dog was barking loudly. It was very loud and disruptive that I went out to see what was happening. Apparently the room below was leaking water from the ceiling so he wanted to look in their room. Finally after knocking for quite a time, they opened their door and said that everyone was sleeping and there was no running water. The maintenance man was apologetic however it was loud and disruptive in the middle of the night. Other than that, I still think Black Rock is a very nice and modern hotel in a very relaxing setting and would recommend others to stay there. Also if you bring your dog, the trails are great and go to Little Beach as it is a small secluded beach and your dog can go swimming there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Nature, Designed for ComfortVancouver Island’s most awe-inspiring oceanfront resort, Black Rock Resort offers a spectacular escape from the ordinary. Experience a Vancouver Island vacation at Black Rock Resort for winter storm watching, spring whale watching, summer beach adventures or a romantic fall retreat. With breathtaking vistas of the Pacific Ocean and rainforest, our comfortable suites offer a magical perspective to Vancouver Island’s rugged West Coast… any time of year!Relax and rejuvenate in exquisite suites designed for maximum comfort- from plush king beds to state-of-the-art kitchens. Lounge in spacious living areas with fireplaces. Rejuvenate in spa-inspired bathrooms. Take in magical sunsets from your balcony facing the crashing waves or lush forest. Our suites are also pet friendly! Enjoy a soak in one of our outdoor hot tubs or the plunge pool over looking the ocean during your stay. Keep up your fitness routine in our 24 hour accessible Fitness Centre. Dine in our oceanfront restaurant Fetch, open breakfast, lunch and dinner or enjoy BC wines or locally inspired martini's and light snacks by the fire in Float Lounge. Artisan Inspired cuisine, sure to impress all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Black Rock Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Rock Oceanfront Hotel Ucluelet
- Black Rock Oceanfront Ucluelet