We just stayed at Black Rock Oceanfront Resort ,had a groupon for $299 for 2 nights stay. Check in was very fast & friendly and got our bottle of wine (with the groupon you also got a bottle of wine & a $50 meal voucher). So got to our 1 bedroom suite, WOW, just beautiful & with all amenities.The view was very nice, forest view with ocean view! I loved the soft robes they have, the bathroom is huge with a separate shower and a huge tub. You could sit in the tub & open the sliding glass panels & watch tv in the bedroom. Everything was comfortable & convenient, they have thought of everything.
The only thing that was disappointing was we got in late on Friday night (10 pm) & wanted room service but was told everything was closed. We were just surprised a big hotel wouldn't have room service available till late especially on a weekend. I guess the pizza places are doing well!! So on Sat we were tired from being out all day & wanted to try room service again (8:45pm). They weren't sure but put us through to the restaurant kitchen & they agreed. We ordered the special which was a hamburger, fries & a beer for $15. They were quite fast but they didn't bring the beer!! They phoned us after inquiring about the meal which was nice, but my husband answered & he doesn't usually complain unless its a big problem. I'm sure they would have had someone bring it as they are very friendly & helpful.
We enjoyed our stay at Black Rock immensely and hopefully they will have another groupon offer again because the usual price is too high for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Nature, Designed for ComfortVancouver Island’s most awe-inspiring oceanfront resort, Black Rock Resort offers a spectacular escape from the ordinary. Experience a Vancouver Island vacation at Black Rock Resort for winter storm watching, spring whale watching, summer beach adventures or a romantic fall retreat. With breathtaking vistas of the Pacific Ocean and rainforest, our comfortable suites offer a magical perspective to Vancouver Island’s rugged West Coast… any time of year!Relax and rejuvenate in exquisite suites designed for maximum comfort- from plush king beds to state-of-the-art kitchens. Lounge in spacious living areas with fireplaces. Rejuvenate in spa-inspired bathrooms. Take in magical sunsets from your balcony facing the crashing waves or lush forest. Our suites are also pet friendly! Enjoy a soak in one of our outdoor hot tubs or the plunge pool over looking the ocean during your stay. Keep up your fitness routine in our 24 hour accessible Fitness Centre. Dine in our oceanfront restaurant Fetch, open breakfast, lunch and dinner or enjoy BC wines or locally inspired martini's and light snacks by the fire in Float Lounge. Artisan Inspired cuisine, sure to impress all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Black Rock Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Rock Oceanfront Hotel Ucluelet
- Black Rock Oceanfront Ucluelet