We picked the hotel after debating quite a lot of the accommodation in Ucluelet and Tofio.
We stayed for three nights and wanted somewhere a bit quieter to relax - this place was fantastic for that. We were lucky to get upgraded to a 1-bed suite which had loads of space and a nice view out to the ocean. The furnishings were very modern and great quality (lots of good German kitchen appliances).
We were a bit worried about the service having read some poor reviews. It was ok - though we thought the room cleaning was very odd - after a long day kayaking we got back and only at 4:50pm the maid stopped by to do the room. As we were showering we asked if she could wait 30 mins, but was told service finished at 5pm. We did ask reception a couple of times and they did find someone to clean later on. It would have just been nice if they could have done the room during the day when we were out. Not what we expect at this price point, but hey ho.
The spa was very good! We both had massages and they to a very high standard. I was totally chilled out mine. So would definitely recommend one of the spa packages!
All in all a good stay in very comfortable surroundings with a great spa experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Nature, Designed for ComfortVancouver Island’s most awe-inspiring oceanfront resort, Black Rock Resort offers a spectacular escape from the ordinary. Experience a Vancouver Island vacation at Black Rock Resort for winter storm watching, spring whale watching, summer beach adventures or a romantic fall retreat. With breathtaking vistas of the Pacific Ocean and rainforest, our comfortable suites offer a magical perspective to Vancouver Island’s rugged West Coast… any time of year!Relax and rejuvenate in exquisite suites designed for maximum comfort- from plush king beds to state-of-the-art kitchens. Lounge in spacious living areas with fireplaces. Rejuvenate in spa-inspired bathrooms. Take in magical sunsets from your balcony facing the crashing waves or lush forest. Our suites are also pet friendly! Enjoy a soak in one of our outdoor hot tubs or the plunge pool over looking the ocean during your stay. Keep up your fitness routine in our 24 hour accessible Fitness Centre. Dine in our oceanfront restaurant Fetch, open breakfast, lunch and dinner or enjoy BC wines or locally inspired martini's and light snacks by the fire in Float Lounge. Artisan Inspired cuisine, sure to impress all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Black Rock Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Rock Oceanfront Hotel Ucluelet
- Black Rock Oceanfront Ucluelet