I have stayed here twice now. Once in January 2011 for my friend's wedding and again in January 2012. Both times I absolutely loved my stay.
We had the Studio Suite both times on the 2nd and 3rd floors facing the little cove that the resort is on.
The resort is amazing. The decor is perfect for the surroundings and is mirroring the environment right outside your window (which is what they were intending I am sure!). Soft greens and slate greys throughout. The lobby has to be my favourite room in the resort. Simply breathtaking. And when we were there for the wedding it served as a unique and wonderful spot for photos.
As you enter the Studio Suite there is a large closet with plenty of room to hang everything. When I was there for the wedding it was perfect for my dresses etc. There is an in room safe(if I remember correctly) that is in the same closet.
The bathroom is huge. Something that I quite enjoyed was the heated tile floors in the bathroom. Such a nice touch. There is a single sink with a make up mirror that lights up as well as a large mirror behind the sink. The shower is quite large with a rain shower head and a normal shower head. The bathtub is very deep (and does fit two) if you want to soak. Very relaxing if you open the sliding glass doors and watch the fire and listen to the ocean as you do.
The kitchenette is equipped with a microwave, bar fridge, sink, dishes, glasses and utensils for two. There are also cleaning supplies for the kitchenette items.
The king sized bed is quite comfortable and is placed (in our room anyways) beneath the flat screen tv and the fire place. There is a cute seating area just before the balcony. The balcony has seating for two with a small table.
We ate both in the lounge and the restaurant. We preferred the lounge for several reasons. Cheaper, more comfortable and food selection. We did have a wonderful breakfast and supper in the restaurant though. We did find that lunch was ok, but not amazing. If you are planning on using the kitchenette or eating at the local restaurants, I highly recommend the CO-OP grocery store deli. It is very tasty and we bought several items to put in the fridge to eat later. We also got Chinese take out which was quite good as well.
I also went to the lovely spa on site for a pedicure. I thoroughly enjoyed it and you have a view of the pool area/bay that the resort sits on.
We did use the hot tub the first year we were there and it was quite nice to soak and listen to the waves crash in.
The staff were friendly and helpful and answered any questions we had.
A few postive experiences we had while here for the wedding:
The staff were wonderful. Just amazing.
We had the Wine Cellar for the venue for the reception. The food was excellent and they had a lovely cake made and displayed for the evening.
The bride and groom had booked a large corner suite for themselves for the weekend and we had gone back there to enjoy the after dinner festivities. The staff instead of shutting us down moved us to an empty suite in a separate building (moved all of our stuff over for us!) and let us party there for the night free of charge. We of course tidied it up before we left, but we couldn't have been more pleased with how they handled everything.
I highly recommend this resort and can't wait until we stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Nature, Designed for ComfortVancouver Island’s most awe-inspiring oceanfront resort, Black Rock Resort offers a spectacular escape from the ordinary. Experience a Vancouver Island vacation at Black Rock Resort for winter storm watching, spring whale watching, summer beach adventures or a romantic fall retreat. With breathtaking vistas of the Pacific Ocean and rainforest, our comfortable suites offer a magical perspective to Vancouver Island’s rugged West Coast… any time of year!Relax and rejuvenate in exquisite suites designed for maximum comfort- from plush king beds to state-of-the-art kitchens. Lounge in spacious living areas with fireplaces. Rejuvenate in spa-inspired bathrooms. Take in magical sunsets from your balcony facing the crashing waves or lush forest. Our suites are also pet friendly! Enjoy a soak in one of our outdoor hot tubs or the plunge pool over looking the ocean during your stay. Keep up your fitness routine in our 24 hour accessible Fitness Centre. Dine in our oceanfront restaurant Fetch, open breakfast, lunch and dinner or enjoy BC wines or locally inspired martini's and light snacks by the fire in Float Lounge. Artisan Inspired cuisine, sure to impress all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Black Rock Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Rock Oceanfront Hotel Ucluelet
- Black Rock Oceanfront Ucluelet