We stayed at the Black Rock for 3 nights over the long weekend in August. The resort is impressive, beautiful views and nicely appointed rooms. We saw whales from our deck on 2 of the days we stayed. Sunsets were spectacular.
What made this stay less awesome for me was the snobby greeting and check in from the front desk after a long day's travel. It was disappointing. I had booked the rooms on my credit card however, we had 2 rooms and the other guests arrived first. They were not allowed to check in and had to wait for us. I understand this may be standard process for this hotel but we have traveled as a group and not had this issue in the past. The other travelers included an older and not very well person who wanted nothing more than to take a load off and this wasn't really possible in the bar where they were asked to wait. Check out was friendly.
There were a lot of little things broken in the room (door handles loose/ hanging by one screw, faucet fell off in the bathroom, shower would not say on "Shower" and kept reverting to hand sprayer, washer door sticks, etc.) Also we had requested a play pen for our 7month old son, but after 4 requests had to phone the front desk again (by this time on the second day) and ask for one.
Other than forgetting the play pen a few times, the staff that were not at the front desk seemed helpful and polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Nature, Designed for ComfortVancouver Island’s most awe-inspiring oceanfront resort, Black Rock Resort offers a spectacular escape from the ordinary. Experience a Vancouver Island vacation at Black Rock Resort for winter storm watching, spring whale watching, summer beach adventures or a romantic fall retreat. With breathtaking vistas of the Pacific Ocean and rainforest, our comfortable suites offer a magical perspective to Vancouver Island’s rugged West Coast… any time of year!Relax and rejuvenate in exquisite suites designed for maximum comfort- from plush king beds to state-of-the-art kitchens. Lounge in spacious living areas with fireplaces. Rejuvenate in spa-inspired bathrooms. Take in magical sunsets from your balcony facing the crashing waves or lush forest. Our suites are also pet friendly! Enjoy a soak in one of our outdoor hot tubs or the plunge pool over looking the ocean during your stay. Keep up your fitness routine in our 24 hour accessible Fitness Centre. Dine in our oceanfront restaurant Fetch, open breakfast, lunch and dinner or enjoy BC wines or locally inspired martini's and light snacks by the fire in Float Lounge. Artisan Inspired cuisine, sure to impress all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Black Rock Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Rock Oceanfront Hotel Ucluelet
- Black Rock Oceanfront Ucluelet