Just returned from a 2 night stay and we couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more! We had booked our room through a Social Shopper groupon, so got a great deal. I did upgrade to a guaranteed view room (Trail View Suite with full view, Rm 1503)....well worth it! Condo-like room was huge, beautiful bathroom, nice furnishings, very well appointed and everything was provided in the kitchen you'd need for an extended stay. We're very used to A/C, so was initially a little disappointed to see that there wasn't any in the room, but with 2 large windows and 2 separate deck doors (with screens), it was easy to keep cool and we loved the added bonus of hearing the ocean all day and night! We had a light dinner in the Float Lounge the first night....nice atmosphere with a great live singer, but beware, drinks are a bit pricey. We had a fabulous dinner at Fetch on our second night. Yes, it was also a little on the pricey side, but well worth it. Not only were the appies and entrees some of the best we'd had, but the portions were large and we even got complimentary glasses of champagne for celebrating our anniversary...a nice touch. Never had the opportunity to use the plunge (aka very small) pool and 2 hot tubs, but whenever we were near there, there was never anyone there, and the view from that area is great! I'll agree with one other reviewer on my one negative....no in-room hotel info. It would've been nice to look at spa services, the restaurant menu, pool hours, etc. Overall, a lovely, well maintained property, close to lots of walking trails and not far from town with lots to do. We'd definitely stay there again. Five stars all the way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Nature, Designed for ComfortVancouver Island’s most awe-inspiring oceanfront resort, Black Rock Resort offers a spectacular escape from the ordinary. Experience a Vancouver Island vacation at Black Rock Resort for winter storm watching, spring whale watching, summer beach adventures or a romantic fall retreat. With breathtaking vistas of the Pacific Ocean and rainforest, our comfortable suites offer a magical perspective to Vancouver Island’s rugged West Coast… any time of year!Relax and rejuvenate in exquisite suites designed for maximum comfort- from plush king beds to state-of-the-art kitchens. Lounge in spacious living areas with fireplaces. Rejuvenate in spa-inspired bathrooms. Take in magical sunsets from your balcony facing the crashing waves or lush forest. Our suites are also pet friendly! Enjoy a soak in one of our outdoor hot tubs or the plunge pool over looking the ocean during your stay. Keep up your fitness routine in our 24 hour accessible Fitness Centre. Dine in our oceanfront restaurant Fetch, open breakfast, lunch and dinner or enjoy BC wines or locally inspired martini's and light snacks by the fire in Float Lounge. Artisan Inspired cuisine, sure to impress all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Black Rock Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Rock Oceanfront Hotel Ucluelet
- Black Rock Oceanfront Ucluelet