We were in Ucluelet in early June to run the Edge 2 Edge 1/2 marathon. We stay at the Black Rock Oceanfront Resort for 4 nights. Located in the small community of Uclelet, the hotel is right by the Pacific Ocean.
Our room (equipped with a small kitchenette and a wonderful deep tub and bath bombs!!! ) had a small balcony facing the ocean.
Fabulous views !
The room was very clean. Our King size bed was very comfortable.
The staff was very welcoming and helpful. No issues there. We had a few meals at the main restaurant and also the bar. Very, very good.
We also booked a few treatments at their spa. Very professional staff, beautiful environment.
The only concern we have is that there is no air conditioning in the room.
With all that cool air coming from the ocean and also the fact that this region doesn't typically get very hot in the summer, the Hotel probably didn't feel the need to install A/C.
I was more concern with the noise coming from the pool area or other guests staying up late, enjoying their balcony. When you can close your windows and turn on the A/C, then other guests are not a problem.
We didn't have that problem but we were there in early June.
Overall, a beautiful resort. We plan to go back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Nature, Designed for ComfortVancouver Island’s most awe-inspiring oceanfront resort, Black Rock Resort offers a spectacular escape from the ordinary. Experience a Vancouver Island vacation at Black Rock Resort for winter storm watching, spring whale watching, summer beach adventures or a romantic fall retreat. With breathtaking vistas of the Pacific Ocean and rainforest, our comfortable suites offer a magical perspective to Vancouver Island’s rugged West Coast… any time of year!Relax and rejuvenate in exquisite suites designed for maximum comfort- from plush king beds to state-of-the-art kitchens. Lounge in spacious living areas with fireplaces. Rejuvenate in spa-inspired bathrooms. Take in magical sunsets from your balcony facing the crashing waves or lush forest. Our suites are also pet friendly! Enjoy a soak in one of our outdoor hot tubs or the plunge pool over looking the ocean during your stay. Keep up your fitness routine in our 24 hour accessible Fitness Centre. Dine in our oceanfront restaurant Fetch, open breakfast, lunch and dinner or enjoy BC wines or locally inspired martini's and light snacks by the fire in Float Lounge. Artisan Inspired cuisine, sure to impress all of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Black Rock Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Rock Oceanfront Hotel Ucluelet
- Black Rock Oceanfront Ucluelet