“food as good as the view”
Review of Fetch Restaurant

Fetch Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 39 Restaurants in Ucluelet
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy an artisan inspired culinary experience at Fetch Restaurant & Patio, our 90-seat oceanfront restaurant. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, all menus have local themes and are carefully crafted to perfection by our professional culinary team. Amazing wine list & creative cocktails. Kid friendly menus available. Oceanfront patio open seasonally. All seafood is certified "oceanwise" sustainable.
Vancouver, Canada
“food as good as the view”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

A return trip to Fetch after a years absence. Nice sunny winter day watching waves pound against the black rocks of the coast while sitting by a warm window. Can't be beat.
The service was very good (although there were only four tables for lunch this day).
I had the grilled short rib sandwich with guyere and caramelized onions; with french fries.
A superb sandwich.
My wife had the grilled chicken sandwich with salad. Another hit.
Portions were very large - we ended up taking half the sandwich each home.
Next time I think I will prefer the sandwich toasted instead of grilled - not as greasy on your hands.
Price was in line with portion...$31 for the two.
Yes, we will return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ed3339

Chilliwack, BC
“Not happy at all”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Reserved for dinner at 8 pm. We both ordered the 10 oz. striploin thinking how can that go wrong in a place like this? We heard the man behind us complain to his waitress that his streak was tough...not a good sign...when we received our streak, ordered mid rare, we took one look and realized this was not going to be a good experience. The steak was cut in an odd way, 3 portions that were all an odd burgundy tone, looked like venison? Looked uncooked and had gristle all around it. Well, lets take a bite and see? Chewy and tasteless...this is not what you picture a strip loin to be at all. I am an amateur home cook and cook a great deal of steak at home so I know what to look for. We sent this back and I ordered chicken wings as it was now 9 pm and I was turned off a full meal and we heard people in the bar raving about them. My wings arrived and after nearly finishing the first wing discovered they were RAW in the middle! Not good! The wings were also unappetizing as they were hacked up and some had just a bone sticking out of he leg?? I cut into a few others and they were also raw...
On a good not I suppose, my partner had sushi and it was good. We were offered another order or something else but needless to say, not hungry. Our waitress was not to with it either, and tried making an excuse for the wings stating she had them earlier and they were great???

We are a young couple, eat out a lot, in many places and cuisines...this was just a terrible experience. One star for location that is it.....

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jessace
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Years Celebration”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had about five meals in Fetch, and all were delicious and fun. The staff is attentive without being over-watchful. The best night was New Years, which was made better by going later -- about 9 p.m. when everyone seemed relaxed but still anticipating the arrival of midnight!

Visited December 2013
Williams Lake, British Columbia, Canada
“Unique and tasty”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

If you're looking for "normal" food, you won't have many choices - but everything we tried, normal or exploratory, was delicious.

Visited December 2013
qualicum beach
“Stunning view, service hit and miss. Don't sit near a door to the patio”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We have dined here, If a number of times, this most recent the result of everything...absolutely everything being closed in Ucluelet for morning coffee. The view is stunning, no question. If you are a buffet person the Sunday buffet/brunch is a must, I don't particularly like buffet so tend to avoid this place on a Sunday; however, for regular breakfast the menu is extensive and they will cater to various dietary needs. My only 'do over' for next time is to tell you not to sit anywhere near the doors that open to the patio. Patrons come in and out of them with the blessing of the service staff with sheer dis-regard for having to pass by your chair. I spent the majority of my breakfast FREEZING cold. My hope is the lounge will open one day for coffee and pastries in the morning, not everyone wants to sit down with the usual pomp and circumstance for an hour to enjoy their latte, but for now Fetch is fine. A definite must for lunch!

• Visited December 2013