“My absolute Favorite”

Price range: US$33 - US$82
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Norwood's is a blessing for any foodie wanting a great meal in Ucluelet. The food the service and the atmosphere would give any big city restaurant a run for it's money. We are truly blessed to have such a great eatery in such a small west coast fishing village.

1  Thank Judy G
There are newer reviews for Norwoods Restaurant

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I wrote about this restaurant in October and said that I hoped it would not close for the season when we returned in November - and it didn't. This time I dined with both my wife and son and all three of us raved at the experience. Although mid November, the place was still very busy and all three of us had their special which was a fabulous Halibut dish. We were entertained by an excellent waiter so our first experience of dining at this restaurant in October and having incredible service at that time was no accident. The staff are well equipped and well trained. It was also interesting to watch different patrons go up to the open kitchen and chat with the chef and owner about how incredible their meal was. If you are ever in this area, you have to make Norwoods on your "must go' list of restaurants to patronize.

1  Thank Wayne K
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I had heard rumblings of good food coming out of a small restaurant in Ucluelet, raves from friends who know how to dine. Unable to find a table last year, I made sure to make a reservation the next time I found myself in the area. I was blown away by the thoughtful cooking, excellent plating, all deftly presented and with a fully knowledgeable staff. Don't think you'll find a better meal in Ucluelet, maybe even Vancouver Island.

1  Thank Wes M
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our first and last experience with Norwoods, the owners must feel they have a monopoly on the supply of good food in the area, we were a table of eight with early evening dinner reservations, firstly they only had one serving of mussels available , 1 1/2 rack of lamb and no salads offered, the wine list was more expensive then others I've seen in major cities around the world. Meal prices were what you'd expect in a monopoly situation.
A 18% gratuity was automatically applied, an amount that should not apply to the already ridiculously high priced wine!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had the best dinner, wonderful service, ambience and excellent food. Don't know of a better dining experience and we have travelled a lot. Can't say enough, wish it was in Vancouver. Definitely a must do.
Service was really exceptional.