“Is there any better place to stay in Ucluelet???”
Review of A Snug Harbour Inn

A Snug Harbour Inn
Ranked #1 of 30 Ucluelet B&B and Inns
Maryland
“Is there any better place to stay in Ucluelet???”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife and I just finished staying at the Snug Harbour Inn for three nights. The inn is beautiful, well located and run by a wonderful couple named Sue and Drew. It is difficult to believe that there is a better place to stay in this area. The inn is kept immaculate, the breakfasts are well done and Sue is a wonderful hosts who couldn't do enough to make our stay as pleasant as possible.
This is as nice a place to stay as one can ever find in any location wherever your travels may take you!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Atlantis room which is beautiful.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in Ucluelet. We absolutely loved A Snug Harbour Inn. Sue and Drew made us feel so welcome and comfortable at the inn. Everything was extremely clean and well kept, and we were provided everything we needed. We stayed in the Atlantis room and loved the view, giant bath tub, rain shower head and fireplace. Standing outside on our deck every night looking at the stars was truly magical. Sue's cooking every morning was amazing and getting to sit down and visit with the other guests was great. We found that we weren't even very hungry for the rest of the day because Sue's breakfasts were so delicious and nourishing. I could go on and on about the things we loved about A Snug Harbour and Vancouver Island as a whole. We're already planning our return visit and would recommend this wonderful B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: The Atlantis room has a great view, private deck, and awesome bathroom. BEAUTIFUL view every morning...
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We returned at this B&B 3 times now, every time we visited Ucluelet from Switzerland, and every time was better and better! This time our room was just gorgeous and we appreciated so much the fabulous view of the ocean directly from our bed, the privacy of our private balcony, our very modern bath and overall the quiet that this special place was able to give us. Sue was just perfect in making us feel like at home and in helping us in everything. It is no wonder, that this place is one of the best quoted in Canada.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good but we appreciated so much the rooms on the upper floor
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2013

It's taken me a couple weeks to write this review, mostly because I miss it so much I don't want to remind myself I am no longer there. Everything about the B&B was incredible. Drew and Sue are extremely friendly and helpful from the second you walk in right up until you leave, offering suggestions on great places to eat and things to do (definitely try Norwood's). I still dream about the fish and chips we got from the truck our first night there, nothing will ever compare I'm afraid. The view is absolutely amazing and I caught myself staring at it a number of times. Definitely a perfect place to put your feet up, relax and read a book. The room was clean and comfortable and I slept like a baby every night. Breakfast each morning was delicious and homemade by Sue, and her preserves were also very good. Breakfast was a great chance to talk to the other guests staying at the inn and I was never left hungry. A friendly relaxing atmosphere was just what my mother and I needed. We would recommend this inn to anyone heading out to the west coast. Everything about it is worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia area
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We recently ended a 12 day self-guided holiday on Vancouver Island at A Snug Harbour Inn in Ucluelet. We had an unforgettable experience there. Our hosts, Sue and Drew, are outstanding innkeepers. On arrival we were greeted warmly and given a thorough, but very relaxed, introduction to the Inn, it's amenities and opportunities in Ucluelet. We had a wonderful room with an gorgeous bath, comfy bed, relaxing sitting area. Then, we stepped onto the deck. WOW! What a view! What great digs! But, it got better the next morning when Sue served breakfast - double WOW! Great coffee roasted on the Island, freshly made smoothies, daily baked goods and breakfast entree. It was perfect. Though very private, the Inn is located very conveniently and we walked most places. Sue and Drew pointed us to great attractions and we had a good time with the other guests - more than usual in other B&Bs. Everyone enjoyed the Inn and each other. We stayed four nights and would recommend A Snug Harbour Inn to anyone seeking luxurious relaxation provided by warm, genuine and professional innkeepers.
One thing I loved - you know those notices that say "we're green, we won't take your towels unless you place them on the floor/in the tub?" You put towels up to reuse and they take them anyway? Well, the Inn respected my desire to do my small part and paid attention! It may not seem like much, but it shows me that my choice matters! P.S. Sue went the extra mile and did a personal favor for us! Thanks, Sue. :)

Room Tip: If you can, book the Atlantis Suite. What luxury, what a view!
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Hello Fellow Travellers
I feel compelled to tell you about the fantastic experience we had at Sue & Drew's B&B..A Snug Harbour Inn...an awesome view indeed. Right from the greeting, it was a positive experience. Sue & Drew greatest us openly and offered to store our bicycles wihout having to ask. Their house is beautiful and the view is spectacular.....of course one of the first things I noticed was this scrumptious looking Lemon Loaf....which i later learned was as tasty as it looked. The bed was very cumfy and we had a great night's sleep. On a side note you must go to Northlands for dinner and say hi to Christa and Livio for me and my sister Paula. Amazing food! The other wonderful thing Sue did for us was offer to wash and dry our bathing suits so they would be all fresh for our trip to the Hot Springs Cove. Another spectacular experience. Sue's breakfasts are yummy and filling and a great opportunity to talk to fellow travellers. We would definitely stay with Sue & Drew again. Thanks for making our vacation a memorable experience!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Everything from the fabulous hospitality to the "awesome" view made our five days at Snug Harbour Inn one we will both remember. We were in the Lighthouse room and enjoyed a great view, private balcony, and lots of attention to detail. The breakfasts each morning were superb and hearty enough that we didn't need much lunch, if any. The trails and other amenities were close by so we were able to enjoy the area without jumping in the car every time we wanted to go out. We would whole heartily recommend this Inn to anyone who wanted a luxury getaway to relax or explore.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ucluelet
Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant
Best Western Tin Wis Resort
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort
Water's Edge Shoreside Suites
The Cabins at Terrace Beach
Bayshore Waterfront Inn
Bayshore Waterfront Inn
#5 of 11 in Ucluelet

Been to A Snug Harbour Inn? Share your experiences!