“Excellent experience and will definitely be back!”
Review of A Snug Harbour Inn

A Snug Harbour Inn
Ranked #1 of 30 Ucluelet B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 December 2009

A Snug Harbour Inn was not only welcoming as soon as we entered the front door, but also exceeded our expectations. We stayed in the Lighthouse room and it had a beautiful view of the ocean. The entire premises was well maintained and immaculate inside/out. Breakfast served in the morning was phenomenal and prepared with a personal-gourmet touch. We highly recommend this place to all.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 December 2009

We went for our honeymoon and it was an amazing stay from start to finish. The Inn surpassed our expectations. The owners recommended some excellent day excursions, the weather was perfect and it was a beautiful/relaxing setting. We would love to return for our 10th Anniversary!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2009

we stayed there from nov 29 to dec.2.the place is amazing.the views are undescribable.the raw west coast scenery at its best in the world .I have been to many many spots along our famed coast and am always humbled by our natural outdoor surroundings.The snug harbour inn is able to just catch that and all the more.The little cozy place is over the top for accomadations in this area of the world.Sue and Drew were fantatsic hosts.they both answered every question we ever asked and took total control over our visit,recommending places to both eat and visit as well as were to go for a day hike and enjoy our time together.The food and restaurants were the best in the area and we were very happy with the local knowledge and friendly atitude of the local towns folk.The room was in itself spectaculer ..woke up in the morning and the smell of the ocean and the forest was so fresh .only B.C. can ever offer that.No were else have I ever felt at such peace and such serenity as I have being there .This place and this part of the world is a must for all people from all over the world to visit and enjoy.I will be back and visit Sue and Drew again.You can take that to the bank!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2009

Having been a first time visitor to Vancouver Island I googled "Views" and came back with this delightful Inn's website.
I immediately forwarded the link to my partner who has been visiting Canada every year for 20 years and has stayed on the Island several times. We instantly booked.
The drive over was stunning and I would highly recommend stopping at Englishmans Falls.
Sue and Drews directions to the inn were flawless.
On arrival Sue greeted us and gave us the tour which was lovely. We were blown away by the views, and the setting of the inn. nestled atop a cliff with it's own private beach.
The Inn is delightful, spotlessly clean, warm and cozy, quiet and tranquil.
The smell of Sue's freshly baked goods pervades and the Great Room is a lovely place to sit and relax.
Our room was everything it promised to be and the view was truly awesome!
I hardly slep for the 2 nights that I was there because I did not want to miss a minute... Storm watching, eagle watching, star gazing and watching the sunrise through a storm from the Inn's private beach are memories that will remain with me forever.
Sue's home cooking from her delightful breakfasts to her homemade preserves (blueberry and grand marnier, inspired!) and her constant supply of freshly baked cakes were beautiful.
Sue gave us excellent recommendations for places to visit and restaurants to eat in as our stay was too short to explore in detail. Norwoods Restaurant was an excellent recommendation of Sue's and our meal there was lovely and memorable.
Sue and Drew own a warm and friendly establishment which they obviously have great pride in. They are friendly without being overbearing, approachable and knowledgable about the area.
I have been fortunate enough to spend time in some of the worlds most highly rated hotels (Versace Gold Coast Australia, Belaggio Las Vegas, Berg al Arab Dubai) and I would rate this charming little place up there with the best.
Sue and Drew I cannot wait to see you again!
Warm Wishes, Dyson

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DESYorkshireUK
Reviewed 18 November 2009

My wife surprised me with a Trip to Ucluelet for my 40th birthday. She had done her research well and booked us into a Snug Harbour Inn.

We were given the royal tour when we arrived, and Drew even went so far as to ask what we might be interested in, suggesting sights to take in, and restaurants that would likely appeal to us even the best times to frequent each restaurant.

The breakfasts each morning were delicious, and a decent proportion. There were coffee and tea's available, but the kicker was Sue's fresh baking. Each day there was a new item on the counter for us to take at our leisure, at any hour of the day. They were absolutely delicious and we found ourselves anticipating this as much as the breakfast each morning. Accompanying breakfast was a fresh smoothie, and Sue diligently listed it's ingredients for us as they were placed in front of each guest.

Unlike other B&B's, the hosts are separate enough from the accomodations that we didn't feel like we were disturbing anyone if we came in late. We were given a front door key upon arrival for just such a purpose.

We made use of the Outdoor hot tub, watching the light dim, and the storms coming in while being pampered after a days hike. The fireplace in our room was welcoming and heated up the room quickly, and the in-room jacuzzi was an excellent addition.

Oh - and our room came with complementary binoculars to enjoy during our stay, which we used on our excursions as well as on our balcony, drawing us just a little closer to the sights and the storms we came to see.

I would like to ensure there is always a room available at this Inn by telling all other travellers to go elsewhere. But I can't be so selfish. The truth is - it was perfect. Every room has a view. The food was first-class. Everything in-town was a short walk away. We felt free to come and go as we pleased. We had our own well-marked shelf in the refrigerator to keep foods we had brought with us. Drew & Sue were excellent hosts. What more could you want from a B&B?

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kraeg
Reviewed 10 November 2009

This B&B is absolutely perfect for any couple looking to "get away" for a nice relaxing weekend. The hosts are wonderful and give you a tour of their place as well as answers to any questions you may have about activities or things to do. This is by far the most amazing place I have ever stayed at, the pictures don't even do it justice. It's a must see and we enjoyed ourselves fully. It is jaw dropping when you see the spectactular view of the ocean. I will go back again and again for the rest of my life. Thank you Sue!!!! you were amazing!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2009

This B&B is one of the only places I've found that is true to the descriptions on their website. We stayed for three nights in the Atlantis room, which had a fireplace, whirlpool bath (although no stand-up shower, which could make for awkward bathing) and the most glorious view from the private deck. Walking distance to town and to excellent trails. Sue is a wonderful host, was there when you needed her but not intrusive. Rooms are quiet, have character, and are designed for privacy.

We came out for a birthday celebration from the East Coast, and the first thing we did upon arrival, after getting the tour from Sue, was to take a couple of glasses of wine down the steps to the "helicopter pad" area. We sat down at the bottom of the stunning cliff, facing the water, and raised our glasses. At that exact moment, a spout of white water shot up in the distance and a humpback whale surfaced.

Breakfast was good, and communal at a large table. My only slight wish was that there might be a way to have a private breakfast with your spouse instead of eating with strangers every morning. But I never asked about that, so I'm sure they would be accommodating. I have nothing but fond memories of our stay there.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ucluelet
The Francis Boutique Inn
Water's Edge Shoreside Suites
Reef Point Oceanfront B&B
Reef Point Oceanfront B&B
#3 of 30 in Ucluelet

Been to A Snug Harbour Inn? Share your experiences!