“Perfect Place for a Romantic Getaway”
Review of A Snug Harbour Inn

A Snug Harbour Inn
Ranked #1 of 30 Ucluelet B&B and Inns
upstate NY
“Perfect Place for a Romantic Getaway”
Reviewed 26 January 2010

It has taken me half a year to write this review but it is still fresh in my mind because the memories are still fresh and wonderful and we have recommended it to friends for their honeymoon this year. The rooms are spotlessly clean and luxurious (we stayed in the Valhalla room which has a Jacuzzi tub and fireplace). The views are stunning and breathtaking at all times of the day. I found myself getting up at night just to look out the window. We watched whales from the hot tub on the deck. What you see from the deck or the private beach becomes not just a view. You become enveloped in it - a part of the beautiful nature that is British Columbia. It is a perfect place to rejuvenate and to relax. I hope we can return someday.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 14 January 2010

We spent a week here on our honeymoon, with hopes of catching a big winter storm. Sue and Drew were great hosts and Sue's breakfasts were incredible! We spent our days wandering the Pacific Rim Trail, beachcombing, exploring the rain forests and local shops/restaurants. Sue had good suggestions for places to eat and always took the time to point out wildlife including frequent eagle viewing. We also enjoyed their hot tub, the community fireplace, and the fantastic views from our room. Despite the inn being full several nights we were there, we still felt like we had our privacy and could come and go as we pleased. It was a relaxing, intimate setting for our honeymoon and despite not seeing a big winter storm, we did have rain, sun, and snow! We will definitely be back to try and catch a storm.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Burlington ON
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I chose the Snug Harbour Inn based on trip advisor reviews and I was not disappointed. It is a fabulous inn in all respects. The location is spectacular, hugging a cliff with views of the ocean and wildlife. Wonderful accommodation, the rooms are spotless, well appointed and luxurious. And last but not least, the hospitality shown by Sue and Drew made me feel welcomed and appreciated. They gave me lots of tips on the area and the many sights and activities available. I haven't mentioned the fabulous breakfasts made by Sue every morning, delicious and generous....they kept me fueled for the days of hiking on the trails. I don't know when I'll have the opportunity to travel to the west coast again, but when I do the Snug Harbour will be on my itinerary!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Vancouver
Reviewed 26 December 2009

A Snug Harbour Inn was not only welcoming as soon as we entered the front door, but also exceeded our expectations. We stayed in the Lighthouse room and it had a beautiful view of the ocean. The entire premises was well maintained and immaculate inside/out. Breakfast served in the morning was phenomenal and prepared with a personal-gourmet touch. We highly recommend this place to all.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
British Columbia
Reviewed 6 December 2009

We went for our honeymoon and it was an amazing stay from start to finish. The Inn surpassed our expectations. The owners recommended some excellent day excursions, the weather was perfect and it was a beautiful/relaxing setting. We would love to return for our 10th Anniversary!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
chilliwack
Reviewed 4 December 2009

we stayed there from nov 29 to dec.2.the place is amazing.the views are undescribable.the raw west coast scenery at its best in the world .I have been to many many spots along our famed coast and am always humbled by our natural outdoor surroundings.The snug harbour inn is able to just catch that and all the more.The little cozy place is over the top for accomadations in this area of the world.Sue and Drew were fantatsic hosts.they both answered every question we ever asked and took total control over our visit,recommending places to both eat and visit as well as were to go for a day hike and enjoy our time together.The food and restaurants were the best in the area and we were very happy with the local knowledge and friendly atitude of the local towns folk.The room was in itself spectaculer ..woke up in the morning and the smell of the ocean and the forest was so fresh .only B.C. can ever offer that.No were else have I ever felt at such peace and such serenity as I have being there .This place and this part of the world is a must for all people from all over the world to visit and enjoy.I will be back and visit Sue and Drew again.You can take that to the bank!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Yorkshire UK
Reviewed 28 November 2009

Having been a first time visitor to Vancouver Island I googled "Views" and came back with this delightful Inn's website.
I immediately forwarded the link to my partner who has been visiting Canada every year for 20 years and has stayed on the Island several times. We instantly booked.
The drive over was stunning and I would highly recommend stopping at Englishmans Falls.
Sue and Drews directions to the inn were flawless.
On arrival Sue greeted us and gave us the tour which was lovely. We were blown away by the views, and the setting of the inn. nestled atop a cliff with it's own private beach.
The Inn is delightful, spotlessly clean, warm and cozy, quiet and tranquil.
The smell of Sue's freshly baked goods pervades and the Great Room is a lovely place to sit and relax.
Our room was everything it promised to be and the view was truly awesome!
I hardly slep for the 2 nights that I was there because I did not want to miss a minute... Storm watching, eagle watching, star gazing and watching the sunrise through a storm from the Inn's private beach are memories that will remain with me forever.
Sue's home cooking from her delightful breakfasts to her homemade preserves (blueberry and grand marnier, inspired!) and her constant supply of freshly baked cakes were beautiful.
Sue gave us excellent recommendations for places to visit and restaurants to eat in as our stay was too short to explore in detail. Norwoods Restaurant was an excellent recommendation of Sue's and our meal there was lovely and memorable.
Sue and Drew own a warm and friendly establishment which they obviously have great pride in. They are friendly without being overbearing, approachable and knowledgable about the area.
I have been fortunate enough to spend time in some of the worlds most highly rated hotels (Versace Gold Coast Australia, Belaggio Las Vegas, Berg al Arab Dubai) and I would rate this charming little place up there with the best.
Sue and Drew I cannot wait to see you again!
Warm Wishes, Dyson

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DESYorkshireUK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ucluelet
Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant
Best Western Tin Wis Resort
Reef Point Cottages
Reef Point Cottages
#7 of 11 in Ucluelet
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort
Water's Edge Shoreside Suites
The Cabins at Terrace Beach

Been to A Snug Harbour Inn? Share your experiences!