“Excellent salmon and halibut fishing”

High Roller Charters-Day Tours
Ranked #16 of 36 Tours in Ucluelet
Nanaimo, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent salmon and halibut fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Amazing fishing trip! Caught limit of both halibut and salmon and even got to see humpback whales. Gorgeous scenery! Would definitely book another charter with captain Todd.

Visited August 2011

Vancouver, Canada
“Book with Todd!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

I've been on dozens of charters, all over the place, and here's how I rank them. Two were a total rip off, most were OK, three were really amazing... then I did one last weekend and Todd created a new category - All Around Awesome!!

Last weekend my brother, my father (77 and a little wobbly) and I were in Ucluelet for the long weekend with the family. We walked down to the docks on Saturday morning to see if we could get a Sunday morning fishing trip arranged. Of course these trips are not cheap (500+ bucks) so I'm always hesitant to book with an unknown. My brother did the next best thing - looked for a boat that had just caught fish that morning, and after a quick survey, Todd was our man.

We set off nice and early (but not too early.. thanks man) and under Todd's recommendation headed out on some pretty rough seas. First of all - Todd's boat is a tank!.. so while other boats were messing around on the inlets, we were headed for the fish. Over the next few hours we caught tons of fish!!. Salmon, Halibut, Ling Cod, more Salmon.. awesome!!. The funniest part was that all the other fishermen kept phoning Todd to see where he was.. by the time the other boats got out to where we were, we had hit our limits and were heading home!

After some filet wizardry (you should see this man filet a halibut) and a smooth ride in, we walked about with about $800 worth of fresh catch!.. Todd - you are the man.. a great fisherman, and a tremendous host. Also, thanks so much for helping with my dad - he's former merchant navy, has lived at sea for months, has fished all over the world - and said hands down that was the most enjoyable, and productive fishing trip of his life... not bad for 77.

Todd - thanks again.. and we'll see you next time I'm out in Ucluelet.

1 Thank Iain M
Gibsons, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“one word.....AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

This was my first WCVI fishing trip and it lived up to all my expectations. I've been fishing my whole life and have always dreamed of fishing off the West Coast of Van Island. I knew things were going to be good the second I met Todd our first rate guide and owner of High Roller Charters. We set out on his very seaworthy and fishable 26 foot SeaRay and were onto fish literally 2 minutes after the gear was down. This would prove to be the theme of this spectacular trip as I left for home after a day and a half fishing with my limit of hali and springs. Todd was a great guide and teacher as he didn't mind the 100's of questions I threw at him which should prove to be very useful for my future fishing adventures down here on the Sunshine Coast. I would not hesitate for a second to recommend Todd for anyone looking for a true West Coast fishing experience. You won't be disappointed. See you next year Todd, I can't wait!

2 Thank Coholips
vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“in response top David D”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I am the other "solo fisherman" mentioned in David D's review and agree with David that both the fishing trip we shared and the fishing was fantastic! I have fished with Captain Todd for years and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for a quality west coast fishing experience. I spoke with Todd yesterday (June 18 2012) to arrange a trip this year and the fishing right now sounds incredible. I can't wait!!!

Visited August 2011
2 Thank hitemhard
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
“Great Fishing Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

I have gone fishing with Todd for 4 consecutive years some times 2 or 3 times a year and have caught our limit in Salmon and Halibit every year. I can't wait to get out with him again this year.

1 Thank Brent W