“Excellent Adventure ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Big Bear Salmon Charters - CLOSED

Big Bear Salmon Charters
“Excellent Adventure ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I have been on some other charters before. Darren with Big Bear Salmon Charters was far the best I have fished with on the west coast of North America. Its like he knows where the fish are. Just by watching him and his techniques makes you know your in good hands.
Had the best time of my life with Big Bear. I would recommend Darren and Big Bear. We hooked into Chinooks and Coho which I love.

Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time fishing with my sons”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My sons and I went out for 4hr fish with Brent. First time salmon fishing for my two boys and my first time out on a charter. Brent put us in the fish right away with both the boys landing a nice Chinook each. Unfortunately my youngest got a little sea sick, Brent was great with him and ran him back to shore to recover. He took the two of us back out and put us right back on the bite. My son and I both landed good sized Chinook each,I also caught a red snapper. What a awesome time with my two sons. Brent was a great guide, boat was great, and we definitely will be coming back for more. Tight lines to you all.

Anacortes, Washington
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Chinook Salmon Fishing Ucluelet, BC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This our first salmon fishing charter from Ucluelet. We had four adults and 7 y/o grandson chartered for 4 hrs to minimize the risk of boredom with an "all-day" fishing chart. We left the Big Bear dock with Darren at 7 AM and returned about 4 1/2 hours later after a very productive day in the more sheltered waters of Barkley Sound. We started the day with about 20-25 minute run to the sheltered bay area, dropped in the downrigging and began getting several hits the first hour while loosing each of them half way to the boat. Other reports seemed to relay other boats were slow as well. Finally, about 1 1/2 hour in we caught our first Chinook, followed by several others over the next two hours. Looked like the salmon were hitting harder now. In the end we landed four Chinook of legal size and two others that we under sized. Darren's new custom WeldCraft (30 ft) boat was fantastic on the water and very comfortable for all of us on overcast, marine air day/morning. The Mustang jackets and gum boots worked great. Our next trip will be for an all-day charter to the outer bank for both Salmon and Halibut. Thanks Darren and Kathryn for making this time and appointment work for our family outing. We're having salmon for dinner. By the way, we took the salmon to Far West fish packing right after completing the charter for flash freezing and will be heading home tomorrow back to Burlington, WA, USA. Big Bear Salmon Charters is a class act for fun, safety, and comfort. We'll be back.

Surrey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will definitely go again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was my second time and my boyfriends third time on this trip. Just keeps getting better. The boat was amazing and Darren our guide was so fantastic. He knew where to take us and get some fish. We maxed out just like the other times we went. Highly recommend this trip to anyone.

1 Thank Sewacee
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“First Class Salmon Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

From the very beginning to the end of the trip the service was exceptional. Not too often are you provided with gum boots, survival suits/rain gear to keep you dry and warm and Islander reels for a true fishing experience. Darren and Gord were both great guides and kept us on the fish when the bite was on. Everyone had a great time and are looking forward for an opportunity to return.

Visited May 2014