“Exceeded our expectations!”

Pacific King Fishing Charters
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our first experience fishing in the Pacific and it exceeded our expectations. It was obvious that Hank had extensive knowledge of the area and it helped make our fishing day very successful. We were also very pleased at how safe we felt on their boat at sea.

Our accommodation at their Selah guest house was first class, pleasant and comfortable.

It was truly a pleasure to meet Hank and Heather and we would like to sincerely thank them for making our first experience of Ucluelet a memorable one. We will have no hesitation about coming back the next time we decide to go fishing!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I am from Alberta and lately have become an avid salmon fisherman. I would highly recommend Pacific King Fishing Charters to anyone looking for a great West Coast Fishing Experience. Captain Hank is very good at what he does and has a lot of local knowledge. He is safe, which is very important to me. He is dependable and is always very positive making every one of the trips I have been on with him an enjoyable experience. Many of my friends were first time fisherman and Captain Hank made them feel welcome and they are all coming back to fish again. I felt very safe and comfortable in Captain Hanks boat which is in great shape and has top of the line fishing gear on board. I found the cost of the trip fair value for this type of adventure. I usually book an all day Charter and book the boat for 3 days at a time. The weather can be unpredictable so be prepared to stay dry and warm. The fishing at times can be as unpredictable as the weather but the scenery and being in nature makes up for that. I have never been disatisfied on any of my outings. I am definitely a repeat customer. Thanks for the great fun Hank.

2  Thank Victor W
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We've taken our kids the past several years and Hank has always displayed a gentle, caring and fun attitude no matter how many fish we catch or loose. Our family trips aren’t about how many fish we can bring home – it’s about the opportunity to spend family time together and having fun - and we have Hank to thank for this. Hank’s boat is safe, clean, comfortable, heated (for those cool mornings) and configured nicely for fishing. I also appreciate Hank letting me bring my own gear and allowing me to help - especially when the action is fast and hectic with the kids reeling multiple fish at the same time. Ucluelet is a wonderful place – great fishing, spectacular scenery, miles of hiking trails, and many opportunities to view wildlife. The kids always look forward to fishing each summer with Hank – now a friend of the family.

1  Thank ChinookSalmon
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Although his wife finds it hard to believe, Hank really knows what he is doing! In four consecutive years of fishing with Hank we have limited out, including one year when the run was slow. Halibut or salmon, he does it all. And when you lose one right at the side of the boat, he STILL makes you feel like a pro. Hank is lots of fun, has plenty of interesting things to say, and his wife, Heather, runs a great B&B.

1  Thank steve d
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have over the years gone on several fishing charters and have always been disaapointed by the lack of fish we caught.
Then I was introduced to Hank Griffin who runs Pacific King Fishing Charters. On my first trip I went with 2 friends and besides throwing back a bunch of smaller fish, we all caught our limit of Salmon and Halibut by noon. We also caught a few lovely Lingcod.

I just recently went again and experienced the same thing. Hank is an expert fisherman with years of experience and know how. His boat is first class and Hank is probably the most friendly and personable fishing guy I have ever had the privilege of knowing. I would choose him anytime and highly recommend him. If you want a really good experience and enjoy catching lots of fish, then you need to contact Hank and book him as soon as possible, since he is so good he gets booked out a year in advance by returning customers.

2  Thank KenCrause