“First ever fishing trip...”

Salty Dog Fishing Charters
Ranked #11 of 36 Tours in Ucluelet
More attraction details
Owner description: Salty Dog Fishing Charters provides full and half day fishing trips out of Ucluelet, British Columbia. We run a 26 ft. welded aluminum vessel, a Hewescraft Alaskan Searunner. Our boat has a fully enclosed, comfortable cabin to keep you warm on those cold days and out of the sun on those hot days. There is an easily accessible washroom on our boat as well. Salty Dog Fishing Charters is 100% family friendly. Join us on the water for some superb Salmon and Hailbut fishing!Operating year round - weather dependant in the winter months.
Reviewed 24 August 2013

For my first ever fishing trip,being the only woman on the boat that day I caught our first halibut at over 20+ pounds.... Found out I get sea sick the captian Justin, totally knew what to do, I laid down in the cabin and had a nap for about half an hour only later catching more fish them the 4 other guys on the boat... We all left with our daily limit including 20+ pound salmons... I don't know bout anybody else but my freezer is still full to the max but halibut, Salmon, and
Rockfish

I can defiantly say for being out in the ocean at over 150 feet of water beneath us sometimes up to 300 I wouldn't trust anyone else other than Justin he knows what he is doing, and just doesn't fish for you lets you do it and teachs you how to fish as well..

Living in Ucluelet now, I wouldn't trust any other Fishing Charter then Salty Dogs and I'll defiantly be bringing back any business that I can bring up to Ukee from around island :)

4  Thank WestCoastFisher

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Justin, the Captain of the Salty Dog, knew exactly where to fish for big game. As for our boat, we maxed out on Halibut (+30 pounders) and Salmon (+20 pounders) each trip. My freezer is packed for the winter with only two trips and with Halibut being $15 or so a pound, it really made the trip worth wild.

All in all, the experience, education and fun made this trip extraordinaire. I can comfortable recommended this cater services to any group of friends or families and give 5 stars and two thumbs up on this experience.

There is no doubt that next year I will book with Salty Dog and have a guys fishing trip weekend.

Wicked.