“lotta fishing and lotta fun” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salty Dog Fishing Charters

Salty Dog Fishing Charters
Ranked #10 of 36 Tours in Ucluelet
More attraction details
Owner description: Salty Dog Fishing Charters provides full and half day fishing trips out of Ucluelet, British Columbia. We run a 26 ft. welded aluminum vessel, a Hewescraft Alaskan Searunner. Our boat has a fully enclosed, comfortable cabin to keep you warm on those cold days and out of the sun on those hot days. There is an easily accessible washroom on our boat as well. Salty Dog Fishing Charters is 100% family friendly. Join us on the water for some superb Salmon and Hailbut fishing!Operating year round - weather dependant in the winter months.
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“lotta fishing and lotta fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Jay took my fella and I out this past August and we had an amazing time! He's a great captain and really love what he does which comes through in the experience he delivers to his clients. Thanks for an awesome day and can't wait to do it again soon!

4 Thank Nicole K

Ucluelet, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“MOST FUN IN A WHILE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

On one of the first tours taken out by Justin in the early stages of salty dog, i was treated to a wonderful experience that will stay with me forever. As a somewhat "green" fisher living on the west coast, justin made fishing easy and fun. He was a great teacher and and new the hot spots, but most of all it was clear that this is what he loves to do. Not just the fishing, but the taking of others fishing and showing them the ropes. All in all there was never a dull moment, we had good laughs with good people, and most of all we caught HALI n COD .... mmm mmm ...
Thanks again to Justin for this wonderful time, I cant wait to get out there again.
rust0

3 Thank Rustee W
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“First ever fishing trip...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

For my first ever fishing trip,being the only woman on the boat that day I caught our first halibut at over 20+ pounds.... Found out I get sea sick the captian Justin, totally knew what to do, I laid down in the cabin and had a nap for about half an hour only later catching more fish them the 4 other guys on the boat... We all left with our daily limit including 20+ pound salmons... I don't know bout anybody else but my freezer is still full to the max but halibut, Salmon, and
Rockfish

I can defiantly say for being out in the ocean at over 150 feet of water beneath us sometimes up to 300 I wouldn't trust anyone else other than Justin he knows what he is doing, and just doesn't fish for you lets you do it and teachs you how to fish as well..

Living in Ucluelet now, I wouldn't trust any other Fishing Charter then Salty Dogs and I'll defiantly be bringing back any business that I can bring up to Ukee from around island :)

4 Thank WestCoastFisher
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fishing of a Life Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Justin, the Captain of the Salty Dog, knew exactly where to fish for big game. As for our boat, we maxed out on Halibut (+30 pounders) and Salmon (+20 pounders) each trip. My freezer is packed for the winter with only two trips and with Halibut being $15 or so a pound, it really made the trip worth wild.

All in all, the experience, education and fun made this trip extraordinaire. I can comfortable recommended this cater services to any group of friends or families and give 5 stars and two thumbs up on this experience.

There is no doubt that next year I will book with Salty Dog and have a guys fishing trip weekend.

Wicked.