“Good times, Great Fishing!”

Salty Dog Fishing Charters
Ranked #11 of 36 Tours in Ucluelet
More attraction details
Owner description: Salty Dog Fishing Charters provides full and half day fishing trips out of Ucluelet, British Columbia. We run a 26 ft. welded aluminum vessel, a Hewescraft Alaskan Searunner. Our boat has a fully enclosed, comfortable cabin to keep you warm on those cold days and out of the sun on those hot days. There is an easily accessible washroom on our boat as well. Salty Dog Fishing Charters is 100% family friendly. Join us on the water for some superb Salmon and Hailbut fishing!Operating year round - weather dependant in the winter months.
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Had an unreal good time out on the boat, we loaded up and had the best seafood feast of my life! Justin knew exactly where the fish would be hitting and we killed it! If you're coming to Ukee, call up the Salty Dog....you won't be disappointed!

3  Thank Pat A

Reviewed 18 September 2013

WOW what a great time we had fishing with Justin on his awesome boat. I took my father inlaw and brother inlaw out for a full day.... mind you we didn't need the whole day. Justin new exactly where to go. 12+ double headers. Maxed out on salmon and halibut. The weather was perfect... which Justin took credit for that too. (Just Kidding). All in all the best fishing charter I have ever taken. I think my father inlaw loves me a bit more now. WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR FOR SURE!!!!!

Justin Thank You for Everything

2  Thank Anthony K
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Justin and Jack are great guys and really know how to host a group out on the Pacific! I've used them twice this year and both times have been the best charter experiences I've ever had! If you're heading to the west coast of Vancouver Island you gotta call Salty Dog!

1  Thank Ian A
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Was very lucky enough to be on a planned fishing outing on the Labour Day weekend with some friends. They co-ordinated our trip to be with Justin & Jack at Salty Dog Charters.

What a great all-around experience. Both guys were great hosts, knew exactly where we wanted to go, and what we were after. Left the harbour just after 6:00am and arrived back just past 4:00pm. I won't say how great our catches were (don't want to brag too much), but I will say it was one of the most enjoyable fishing experiences I've ever had.

A big bonus of this chartered trip, which wasn't what I had experienced before, was that fish cleaning & prepping was done on the boat before our return to the dock, instead of waiting around upon return. We had to travel right away from Ucluelet, so this made things much easier once we departed from the marina.

The boat is in great shape with plenty of space, including an enclosed toilet near the rear of the boat. On this day there were two guides and four guests, and never did it feel uncomfortable or lacking in space. The boat is ideal for all conditions. On this day, it was sunny with very little disturbance on the water. On a tougher day, with rain and wind, there'd be plenty of cover and no hesitation of staying dry.

Here's hoping Salty Dog Charters gets plenty of business in the future. They certainly deserve it!!

4  Thank Joey K
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Jay took my fella and I out this past August and we had an amazing time! He's a great captain and really love what he does which comes through in the experience he delivers to his clients. Thanks for an awesome day and can't wait to do it again soon!

4  Thank Nicole K