“Close to nature!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ucluelet
Terrace Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Ucluelet
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great location on Terrace Beach, with the Wild Pacific Trail right outside the property. Friendly staff (if only on duty limited hours). Nice, reasonably priced room with lots of homey touches. Best plus: a bald eagle nest in a tree right outside my door! Great place for a base to explore the Pacific Rim Natl. Park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NYCDave66

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at one of the waterfront cabins called Morning Mist. The cabin has a small kitchen, a large bathroom with separate shower and bath and a patio wit BBQ and hot tub.
The bedroom has a queen bed. Unfortunately we had a lot of rain during our stay but hey, that's the risk of visiting a rainforest....after walking a couple of trails it was nice coming home to a nice warm hot tub and a comfy bed. The view at the bay was lovely and after that BBQ our own dinner was a great benefit. So why wasn't it perfect? Well, that has to do with the price we paid and the service we received. We paid CAD 400 per night. For that price I expect perfection in every way. Am I wrong here? What I don't expect is just little cleaning service every other day: the bed was not made at all; clean towels only every other day. Since it was rainy weather, the cabin got a little dirty after we came home from a day of walking trails. There was no cleaning like that at all during our stay. They only took the garbage out one day and delivered clean towels and new coffee pads the next. Also the bathroom amenities were limited: no body lotion, cotton balls or things like that, just brandless shampoo, conditioner and soap. Again no problem at all, but it is when paying CAD 400 per night. That's why the experience wasn't perfect but all in all a nice place to stay at.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denliv
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I cannot begin to explain what a great time we had at Terrace Beach! The most beautiful resort and the best cabins! We stayed in #10 Captains Quarters for five nights with our four children and we had so much room and felt completely at home. Jason, Margie and the staff were all amazing, helpful and great to talk with and learn about the area. We are so happy to call Terrace Beach our new vacation spot and cannot wait to come back next year :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marnielizabeth
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just finishing a 2 night stay in one of the Boardwalk lofts (High Tide) and would definitely recommend to others. We were able to comfortably sleep two adults and two kids. The layout was good-lots of room for us to spread out, a kitchenette with every thing we needed to prepare small meals and snacks and a large bathroom with shower and jacuzzi. The hot tub was a nice touch on the deck and the proximity to the beach and pacific rim park was amazing. Great resort.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hallake2
Reviewed 21 June 2014

If you can manage a few stairs this is a must stay! Arriving at this resort I had flashbacks of times my childhood family arrived at cabins in the woods. It truly resembled a fishing village surrounding a small processing plant. I stayed in Sandpiper a nicely appointed studio suite with kitchenette and jetted tub. Though there was no direct view of the beach it was only steps away and I could hear the waves lapping the shore. No wild weather during my stay.
Most important: pets are truly welcome! My dog was greeted with her own towels and blanket as well as treats. A big thank you to the Priestley family and their employees for welcoming their 4 legged guests!

Room Tip: Highly recommend a cabin with a view. You must be able to manage your own luggage. Part of the Wil...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights here with friends from Alberta. Stormwatcher was our room - well appointed, comfortable beds and baths to die for. We appreciated the free wi-fi and the BBQ. Staff were helpful at check in and provided a large carafe for our tea to replace the small teapot and poointed out the eagle's nest on site. We enjoyed the beach, the walk on the Wild Pacific Trail which begins right outside the resort and the beautiful sunsets from our balcony. The quiet at night was also wonderful.

Room Tip: Be prepared to climb stairs for check in and in the larger suites but the view is worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My fiance and I stayed in cabin #9 (I forget the name) for the weekend with another couple and wow, what a beautiful place. The cabin was clean, cozy, warm and was well equipped with anything and everything you needed. We had a long day on Long Beach and hiked to the Bomber plane so it was great to come back and relax in the hot tub to enjoy a beautiful sunset. I have a huge fascination with birds of prey so an added bonus for me was the eagles nest up at the top of the resort. He would be out flying around chasing or out running the other birds. All four of us would definitely go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ucluelet
The Francis Boutique Inn
Water's Edge Shoreside Suites
Canadian Princess Lodge
Canadian Princess Lodge
#10 of 11 in Ucluelet

Been to Terrace Beach Resort? Share your experiences!