“Serenity on the Waterfront”
Review of The Francis

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ucluelet
The Francis
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Ucluelet
northern Ohio
“Serenity on the Waterfront”
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Our experience with Majestic Ocean bed and breakfast was top notch all the way. Our 4 person crew stayed in a 2 bedroom/1 full bath suite that included an upperlevel walkway and furnished deck area. The view from the outdoor area and the main bedroom was gorgeous. The outdoor hot tub on the waterfront was one of our favorite areas. We watched seals following the fishing trawlers in, while bald eagles flew overhead and a kingfisher had his fish dinner on a nearby dock. The common room was a lovely cozy livingroom area with flatscreen tv and desktop computer for everyone's use. Attatched to the common room is a dining area where a great tasty homemade breakfast is served at the time you request, and a kitchenette fully stocked for hot drinks. The best part, however, are the friendly and helpful owners who are always there with answers.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2010

my husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in late May. this is a very clean and friendly place. super quiet at night. We stayed at Emily Carr room, very spacious room and comfortable bed. a large spa quality bath room. Tracy and the French young lady worked there are very friendly. We really enjoyed our hot home cooked breakfast, the fruit bowl is wonderful. Tracy even packed the home cooked cookie for us for the road while we are leaving. We would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Ukie
Reviewed 22 May 2010

Highly recommend the trip to Ukie and the kayak to the islands - great guides, great hosts, great breakie, and truly amazing kayak experience.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2010

We found this place through TripAdvisor and chose it because it sounded less touristy than Tofino; and was a change from hotels on our trip. We thoroughly enjoyed the stay - despite arriving in torrential rain. Tracy and Ted quickly made us very welcome with a home made treat to have with our tea on arrival.

The room was freshly decorated, very clean and spacious.

There is also a common room with the internet available - while there we suggested they added a headphone set so that people could use Skype or similar - and we believe they were going to do that. Breakfasts were served here (if not outside) and we could help ourselves to tea and coffee at any time. There is a TV available but we did not watch any, just enjoyed the peace and quiet. Similarly there is a hot tub which we did not use.

The breakfasts included fresh fruit, granola, orange juice and tea or coffee plus a different treat each day - blueberry pancakes with maple syrup, french toast, omelette and apple cake - all delicious! And on two days when warm enough we ate it on the verandah looking out over the inlet - where we could see seals and bald eagles.

While there the weather was initially drizzly then cleared up. The walks around the local headland and further north on Long Beach gave great views. A visit to Tofino to the north must include the Eagle Aerie art gallery - the art of Roy Henry Vickers.

We went on a whale watching trip but unfortunately did not see any (!) - but enjoyed the trip nonetheless - and we could have gone back for a free trip the next day but did not have time.

For a meal out, the Black Rock resort was pricey, but we would recommend fish and chips take away from Jiggy's - Tracy will direct you - along with others which we did not get to.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Alberta
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Both my husband and I have never been to a B+B before and so we were a little weary on trying one (my husband especially!!!). But if any other B+Bs are as fantastic as this one, then I'm hooked! Tracy and Ted have definitely set the bar high for the B+B industry. They really made a first impression! Their rooms are beautifully decorated with a few unique pieces, and if I didn't know any better, I would've thought I was staying in an actual high class hotel. No joke! Since we were the only guests that checked in that day, Tracy was kind enough to give me a tour of her 3 rooms (each named after famous/local artists) and ask all the questions I wanted to ask. In the end, we stayed in the Emily Carr room, which I think is the best of the 3. The nice thing was that I always felt like I was at home and never felt like I was intruding in someone else's home. Tracy and Ted have built their B+B so that you get a real sense of privacy. She and Ted live on one floor and the guests stay on another floor equipped with its own kitchenette, dining room and living room. It's a beautiful and wonderfully planned out set up!

As it says on their website, each room has heated floors so you're comfortably warm and has their own entrance (a patio walk out). Each room has their own large bathroom equipped with both a private shower and a soaker tub. Their soaker tub is amazing and they provide the bubble bath! It's large and you don't run out of hot water! I know this because I started the tub while my husband showered and I noticed that my hot water remained hot the WHOLE TIME it was filling. When my husband got out of the shower, I asked him if he had run out of hot water and he sais no. So the following morning I asked Tracy and she confirmed that she has 3 hot water tanks (maybe one for each room?) so that when she's got a full house, no one's in a cold shower!

The breakfasts were delicious and Tracy was very sensitive to the fact that my husband has a lot of food allergies. Tracy also suggested some GREAT seafood restaurants. Unfortunately, due to the weather and time of year we weren't able to do any kayaking or outdoor activities with Tracy's kayaking business, which is also on the same property. But we plan on going back in the summer and we fully intend on staying there.

Tracy has such a bubbly personality. She's warm and welcoming and very accommodating. We left a pair of high end jeans there and she was kind enough to send it back! She was even willing to wake up at 4 am to see if she can get it early enough to make the overnight delivery from BC to AB!

I can go on and on about the Majestic Ocean Bed & Breakfast! But rather than me do that, why not go check it out for yourself!? You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
SwEets10
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Very friendly hosts, lovely comfortable room, nice new hot tub, and amazing breakfasts. We had a great time, thank-you

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Vancouver Island
Reviewed 11 March 2010

The suite we had was lovely, comfortable, spotlessly clean, and understatedly luxurious. It had a separate entrance, and there was a very well equipped common lounge area. Our hostess was warm and welcoming without being intrusive and the food was fabulous. We were here in the early spring, but it was easy to see that breakfast on the outside patio in the summer would be an unmissable experience. The location and view were fabulous. Overall, it was a great place to stay!

Stayed March 2010