“Wonderful. We didn't want to leave.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ucluelet
Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay
Ranked #2 of 30 Ucluelet B&B and Inns
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Wonderful. We didn't want to leave.”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I spent three nights at Bostroms last summer as part of our BC Tour. We were actually booked in for two nights but loved it so much that we asked Judy if there was room for one more!

Bostroms is a magical accommodation with the perfect hosts, Judy & Gary (and of course, Baxter!) Judy greeted us in the drive and took us on a tour of the property. Well, as we turned the corner toward the back of the house, both mine and my husband's jaws hit the floor, LOL! The views of the ocean were nothing short of spectacular. Each room (and one suite) has a private balcony with table and chairs which you will just not want to leave! I'm sure Judy & Gary must have thought us very unsociable but we couldn't tear ourselves away from sitting with a cup of tea/coffee and relaxing on our balcony and soaking it all up.

We stayed in the Wild Room which was beautiful. Personally I believe it has the best view of all. Very central. Magnificent. The Wild Room has a private bathroom just outside of the bedroom.

We walked the Wild Pacific Trail which was wonderful (very hot day!) and very worth it. We also had a wander about Ucluelet which has some lovely little shops and restaurants.

Took a trip to Long Beach which was gorgeous. The weather was lovely and hot. Lots of play going on, lots of surfing. My husband decided to have a swim in the Pacific too!

On the second day we went further afield and spent a few hours in Tofino, which again, has some lovely shops, restaurants and views. We bought some lovely metal artwork and posted it back home from Ucluelet post office! When we got back to Bostroms, we spent the afternoon on the sundeck. The sundeck is amazing. Again, as we walked down the steps, it was a real 'wow' moment. We took our cameras and binnoculars down there and luckily (LOL) nobody else came down and we spent about five hours there in total!

Judy & Gary were wonderful. The nicest, kindest people we've ever met on our travels. So knowledgable too. Anything we wanted or needed to know, they were 100% helpful. The food was delicious and so personally cooked. So personally served. The breakfast table was a joy to join. Everybody sitting around one table for breakfast was a lovely touch as we all discussed our trips, where we were from and what we'd been up to so far.

I can't comment on any trips but I do know that Gary takes out visitors in his boat and I know that whale watching trips also leave from Ucluelet & Tofino. We'd already been on whale and bear watching trips before we got there but next time we'll hold off and book one from there instead.

If you're thinking of heading through Ucluelet and searching for somewhere to stay then search no more and book Bostroms. You will be so glad you did and you'll definitely want to go back again. We are, next year (I've just got to let my husband know first .... hehehe)

Room Tip: I believe the Wild Room has the best, most central and magical views!
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SamLouise67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
London
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here for three nights, and had a wonderful stay. Judy is extremely welcoming, and has thought of everything a guest might need (including multiple pairs of binoculars); she is also a mine of useful information about where to eat, walk etc. The room (Pacific, en suite) was ideal, and the view fantastic.

From the balcony we saw whales, adult and fawn black-tailed deer, bald eagles, a seal and lots of birds including a surf scoter, hummingbird, Steller's jay, etc...

The common room is a jewel - plenty of room to sit, or play snooker (proper table!), and that view as well. Plus a coffee machine, fully loaded!

Walks: the Wild Pacific Trail (in two halves) is spectacular. The town: a working town, but, or rather therefore, interesting to walk around. On an evening (post dinner) walk we saw a racoon, two seals, a close bald eagle and two black-tailed deer in the space of five minutes. Restaurants: we ate crabcake burgers fromthe Driftwood Pation (superb), outstanding chowder and Dungeness crab at the Offshore, and then fish and chips (halibut) from Jiggers; two of these meals were consumed back at Bostrom's (wine glasses and corkscrew provided, of course). Breakfasts: just superb.

If we come back to Vancouver Island we'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I stayed in the Wild Room for two nights in June, glorying in the wonderful views and warm hospitality provided by Judy and Gary. This is an excellent B&B--each morning a different, and wonderful breakfast was cooked by Judy, who was also a mine of information on things to do, places to eat in Ucluelet and nearby.. I liked the fact tthat I shared breakfast with whoever was staying in the other downstairs room and that it was served in a large amenities room which we had the use of at night--one didn't feel "cooped up" as one sometimes can when one has access only to a bedroom.

But the magic moment for me was when, on leaving Bostroms to drive back to Nanaimo, I found Judy had packed in the trunk of my car a large crab in ice, with carrot sticks, crackers and home-made seafood sauce, to eat for lunch on my way. to the ferry.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Langley, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2011

What an amazing experience my family and I had at this B&B. Judy and Gary are such warm and genuine hosts. The attention to detail, calm atmosphere and incredible amenities makes this one of the best B&B's I have ever stayed in. Topped off with the most outstanding view of the Pacific Ocean from not one, but three decks, we would highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking to create some magical memories. --- Luigi from Vancouver, BC

Room Tip: The Wild Room has an incredible view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My wife and I spent two nights in the Trail Room at Bostrom's B&B and can honestly say it is one of the most wonderful places we have ever been.
The Room was exceptional, providing everything we needed and more, the facilities including Hottub and lounge area were beautiful, well looked after and the perfect way to relax. Bostrom's has the most beautiful views of and access to a cove surrounded by trees and trails, we walked the lighthouse trail and found it to be a beautful walk. Each night the cove is home to so many sea otters we couldn't count them all, so wonderful to see them here again. The steps down to a private deck on the waters edge offers a great place to watch. We had both beautiful warm sunshine and heavy rain and wind, I can't decide which made the scenery more fabulous.
We would have been happy with the rates if it was only half as good as it was, an excellent deal, a much more pleasant and relaxing feeling than with any fancy hotel chain and for a fraction of the cost.
Even with the room, facilities, surrounding area, the views and the sea otters all being fantastic I think the best thing about Bostrom's was the hospitality, something we experienced right across BC. Judy and Gary were so welcoming and helpful, the breakfast provided in the moring was of the highest quality, delicious home cooking. And when answering 'yes' when asked if we liked seafood, it was only a few hours until 2 beautiful freshly caught blue dungeness crab with homemade seafood sauce appeared in our fridge.

So, if you are currently trying to find somewhere to stay so that you can experience some of the best sights and people in Canada, don't delay. It has to be Bostrom's. Plus, whilst in Ucluelet you will be able to visit the Ucluelet Aquarium which is also fantastic.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
UclueletJ, Owner at Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
You can just tell by reading over these reviews what fabulous people we get to meet. We love sharing our home with all these treasured guests. We also love to share the seafood, prawns or crabs that come up in Gary’s traps when he is fishing. In the winter and sometimes in the spring and fall we can “spoil” our guests with seafood hors d’oeuvres. We were so thrilled that “Mr. Duke” and his wife enjoyed the feast of crabs. Sadly, in the summer months both my husband and I get a little too busy to go fishing. Thankfully the fish store, Fishful Thinking, opens up again in the late spring so that nobody has to do without. We have barbeques where fishermen or shoppers can grill their “catch”. There’s nothing better than a barbeque overlooking the bay.

And the sea otters; the most we counted were 150 split into two rafts. Then, one night a pod of Orca came in, and we watched in horror as they fed on our little neighbours. A week later it happened again. It was not a Disney moment. Orcas need to eat too but my sea otters? After four months in the bay, the remaining sea otters have scattered along the coast and can often be seen when you walk the Wild Pacific Trail or Kayak the Broken Island Group. I hope they take shelter in our bay next year. It was quite an honor to watch them
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Upon arrival we were upgraded to "The Trail Suite". It is private, roomy and beautifully decorated overlooking the water. The B & B has so much attention to detail. Judy thought of everything one may need when away from home. Judy gave us the tour of the B&B and lots of information as to where to eat and what to do. Breakfast was absolutely delicious and served in the common room with a great view of the water. The fresh fruit plate with Maple Leaf (Melon) for Canada day was so beautifully presented. French Toast (Judy's special recipe) & homemade sausage was really good. Judy, Gary & Baxter (the dog) were great hosts. I will definitely be back for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Want privacy, choose the Trail suite.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Westport, Ireland
Reviewed 28 June 2011

my wife and i stayed at Bostrioms for three nights, We could have stayed there for ever. the host, Judy, was great, nothing iwas too much trouble. The breakfasts were a culinery feat., The views were superb, . The accommodation was relaxed and very comfortable

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ucluelet
Best Western Tin Wis Resort
Reef Point Oceanfront B&B
#3 of 30 in Ucluelet
West Coast Motel on the Harbour
Water's Edge Shoreside Suites

Been to Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay? Share your experiences!