“Unparalleled Attention to Detail”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ucluelet
Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay
Ranked #2 of 30 Ucluelet B&B and Inns
Vancouver Island
“Unparalleled Attention to Detail”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This was my 4th time staying at this wonderful B & B, but the first time I was with my son and his wife and our 19 month-old granddaughter, and the 1st time my husband and I were following a Special Diet. I was amazed at the lengths Judy & Gary went to, to make sure my husband and I ate as 'gourmet' as the other guests, which means Judy researched special recipes just for us! Our little toddler was welcomed and everything she could possibly need or want was there for her! I love this B & B because I always feel so pampered! The breakfasts are outstanding and the bathroom floors are heated and the sheets in the comfy beds are luxurious! The serenity of their place goes soul deep. Judy and Gary go way beyond their job description to make sure we have the best time; exposing us to all kinds of new sights, activities and restaurants. Excellent value!!

Room Tip: All rooms are sound-proof and have their own bathrooms. I have stayed in each and every room on diff...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
We were so happy to see you again. I don't know what part we enjoyed more: the delightful sounds made by your 18 month old granddaughter, or the sounds of delight that you made to have her here with you. It was a real treat to meet your family. Look forward to seeing you all again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Birken, BC, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This was our first B&B and Bostrom's set the bar pretty high.
The weather was great, but we had a wonderful time hiking and enjoying the area. Everything about Bostom's was 1st Class, including the view. The breakfasts were some of the finest cuisine from a top restaurant.
Thanks for such a wonderful time!

Room Tip: All 3 rooms have the same beautiful view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
I'm so glad you tried B&Bs. They are definitely a better way to stay! Most provinces/states have B&B guilds where you can be assured the quality is good. The one in BC is the BC Innkeeper's Guild. Check them out if you are traveling in and around BC.
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 May 2013

From falling asleep watching life on Little Beach Bay to waking as a Bald eagle wings its way over the bay this B & B is perfect for relaxing and re-energizing.

The Food: Delicious (tastiest fresh fruit), plentiful (blueberry stuffed french toast, waffles) and beautifully presented (complete with a mint leaf-viola decoration on each plate!)
The Room: Quiet , private and comfortable
The View: Serene, intoxicating and enticing (it enticed me to stay in bed in the morning!)
The Location: Excellent, within walking distance of ALL shops and restaurants
The Hosts: Captivating and delightful. Judy regaled us with tales of local lore and had us all laughing.

Never having stayed in a B & B before we arrived with trepidation. Silly us! Judy greeted us at the door and showed us around her beautifully maintained grounds and the many places to sit and relax, read or picnic as well as clear instructions on how to operate the sauna (tried it and loved it!) and hot tub.
Our room, the Pacific, had everything we could need (and more - personal loofas and wrap around towels for the sauna!) The bed linens were divine - Way to go, Judy! We even had an attached bathroom with lovely heated tile flooring.
The common area was huge and boasted a full size pool table, large screen TV, DVD player with loads of great movies, games, books and my favourite: an espresso machine filled with Foggy Beans (local roaster) fabulous Espresso blend beans. Perfect place for our next get together with our adult children and their mates.
Breakfast was a daily feast! Fresh juices (daily blends of fruits and vegetables), fresh fruits and what variety there was (dragon fruit? never heard of it, but loved it) and then the main fare with a "dessert" of Judy and her storytelling! Oh, the stories...we laughed ourselves silly.
We were within easy walking distance of the Wild Pacific Trail (did that twice as it was well maintained and offered spectacular views). Judy offered us rain gear for our hikes - yes, she even has galoshes to pull on over your shoes!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Now didn't we have fun! I just have the best job in the entire world. I get to start work in my pajamas looking out to an amazing view and get to swap stories with folk like you. I am truly blessed!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Judy and Gary offer warm hospitality in a perfect location. The B&B is situated overlooking Little Beach and has patios on three levels from where to enjoy the stunning view. The Wild Pacific Trail sections in Ucluelet are only minutes away by foot. I stayed in the Trail suite, which is pet-friendly and my dog Sidney was ready to stay for ever! The breakfasts were amazing. Better than in a first class restaurant and beautifully presented. There is a beautiful sauna and a large hot tub on the top deck to relax in. Sidney and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
I just love it when guests take pictures of their breakfasts in the morning! Thanks for publishing them!
I'm so glad you had a good stay. It was really a pleasure to meet you and Sidney. We look forward to seeing you both again.
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2013

What a wonderful discovery Bostrom's was. Judy is right when she says people always say they needed more time in Ucluelet-what a wonderful area and their B&B Trail room was perfect for relaxing,views,and privacy. The weather was sunny all 5 days we were there,and we had breakfast in different locales depending on the morning-common room on the chillier mornings and various decks on warmer ones. Breakfasts are plentiful with an eye to healthy eating and artistry. The variety is amazing! The easy-going nature of both Gary and Judy make you feel like family and their generosity is second to none.Amenities (sauna,hot tub, barbecues,common room with espresso machine,etc;) are convenient and very well maintained. Thanks for sharing your corner of the world with us.It truly is a "home away from home" with views and warm hospitality.Don't miss out on this first class B&B!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
I'm so glad that you were able to share our home with us. I hope you always consider it your "home away from home" and that we see you come up over the horizon again soon!
Maple Bay
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The food, the view, the hospitality, the access to the 'essence' of the west coast, all brilliant. But what really set this facility apart are the attention to details, and the value for price. I have never experienced a B&B that touches Bostrom's in those two areas.

And I should include this: I have been to many websites of B&B's and hotels where the pictures of the 'views' were downright deceptive. Not here, what you see on the website is EXACTLY what you see out your window. Absolutely breathtaking.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank-you so much for taking the time to write a review. Most of our pictures on the website are in fact from the B&B other than pictures like the "moon snail striptease". Even some of the Wildlife shots were taken from the B&B though many were shot within a short distance. It truly is a great place to visit. I just love it here!
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We can't say enough about our experience in the Trail Suite at Bostrom's this past weekend. We were concerned about travelling with our 2 dogs but they were more than welcomed and only charged a nominal fee for their stay. The 500 sq.ft suite with heated slate floors is self-contained on the upper level overlooking Little Beach Bay adjacent to a large (8-person?) hot tub on the sturdy glass-framed amply-sized deck. One level down there is a sauna and a huge (1000 sq.ft+) common room shared with occupants of the 2 other guestrooms that has a massive flat screen TV, board games, billiard table, dart board and espresso machine. This level also has a massive deck w/teak dining table overlooking the bay. The bed in the suite was uber-comfortable and the inlaid stone shower a roomy delight. The raised ceilings and abundant skylights made the room feel bright and inviting. Upon arrival our host, Judy, asked if we liked crab... her husband, Gary had checked his traps earlier that day and she had prepared and chilled 3 large dungeness crabs with cocktail sauce for us. We were celebrating my 50th bday and there was a birthday cake w/fanciful candle centerpiece on the dining table. They provided a doggy bed and blanket and towels for our pooches; for us there were comfy waffle-cotton robes and slippers and more than enough plush bath and hot tub towels and the sheets on the comfy queen-sized canopy bed were fab. One perk was the ability to leave our pooches in the sound-proof suite while we engaged in non-dog-friendly activities (aquarium, dinners and salmon fishing). Our vapid consumption of the two varieties of cookies in the common room didn't go unnoticed as they magically appeared and were replenished in our room and in a takeaway bag upon our departure. Judy's recommendations for activities and dining were spot on as if she instinctively knew what we would enjoy. If you've read this far you're thinking this is all too good to be true but I haven't even gotten to the Breakfast component of "B&B". After checking for any allergies or dislikes, Judy prepares a 2-course breakfast scheduled for an agreed upon time each morning. First course on morning #2 consisted of a blend of fruit/vegetable/herb smoothie coupled with fruit compote/yogurt parfait. On morning #1 it was a fruit smoothie with a sliced fruit selection of kiwi, plum, cantaloupe, grapes, strawberry, mango and blueberries accompanied with a small ramekin of greek yogurt. Main course on day #1 was pork sausage medallions with an awesomely fresh salsa of cilantro, apple and avocado accompanied with the most flavorful blueberry french toast ever ! Day #2 main was a generous asparagus and goat cheese omelette with thick multigrain toast and a selection of 4 premium jams. Despite shelling out $200 for dinner at Norwoods (which was excellent) it was Judy's breakfasts and conversations that we talked about on our scenic drive back to Vancouver. It is no surprise that the majority of their guests are repeat clients... we will not be staying anywhere else on our future trips to Ucluelet... great trip from Vancouver for a rejuvenating weekend whether you're turning 30, 50 or 70 ! Looking forward to returning with friends and booking the entire place on a weekend in August to celebrate another milestone birthday. I can't end this review without mentioning Baxter, their adorable but aloof and independent talking Shih-tzu... to hear him warm up his vocal chords to muster a "Mama" in response to "Who gives you cookies?" made us heart-warmingly jealous since all our dogs can do is "Sit" or "Come" and wag their tails when asked "Who wants a treat?"

Room Tip: The Trail Suite is excellent (and the only option) for guests travelling with their dogs. The other...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
I'm so glad that I could help make your birthday celebration special. I'd gladly teach your dogs to say "mama" if you could only teach Baxter to cuddle like your wonderful canines buddies. After seeing your "boys", I really wonder if Baxter is a cat after all!
We really look forward to seeing you both in the future. It was such a great way for us to restart the season after our extended winter renovations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ucluelet
Best Western Tin Wis Resort
Reef Point Oceanfront B&B
#3 of 30 in Ucluelet
West Coast Motel on the Harbour
Water's Edge Shoreside Suites

Been to Bostrom's B&B On Little Beach Bay? Share your experiences!