Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ucluelet
See available hotels
Wild Edge Lodge(Ucluelet)
  • Free Internet
All reviewstrail suitecommon roomlower decksnooker tablepacific roomjudy's breakfastsb bdart boardhot tubhost judygreat storieshomemade cookiesbreakfast tablevancouver islandthe wild pacific trailcommon areaswarm hospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just a quick note to say how very much we enjoyed our stay with Judy and Gary Bostrom in Uculet, B.C. We had the "Trail Suite" and it was so quiet and cozy (also, there were fresh baked cookies put in the room every day-what a treat!).There was nothing they had missed when putting this unit together. They offered a beautiful sauna, a hot tub, and in the common room, a wonderful Snooker table. Judy made sure we had lots to eat at breakfast, smoothies, fresh fruit, and a variety of breakfast items along with lots of hot coffee! We are certainly looking forward to going back soon.
Bob and Linda Pearson, Victoria, B.C.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

We look forward to your return too folks! Hug from my house to yours!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We actually stayed in July 2012 but I'm running very late with my reviews!

If you look at my last review from 2012, you'll see that I said we'd be back and back we went!

2012 was the year of our twentieth wedding anniversary and we decided to splash out on a three week driving holiday from Calgary to Vancouver via Vancouver Island. This gave us the perfect excuse to book three nights at Bostroms. We even re-arranged other stays to fit in with the free dates that Bostroms had, LOL.

I cannot write much more than I did in my first review except to add a pinch of everyone elses review and mix it in with mine! Last time we stayed in the Wild Room and this time the Pacific Room (next time the suite??) and they are equally as lovely.

It's not like home from home as here one is treated like royalty and weighted on hand and foot - who gets that at home?? Judy and Gary are so warm and gracious and nothing is too much trouble.

I don't wish to repeat myself from my previous review but I will add that we were very touched by the bubbly, ice and glasses left for us on our first evening to celebrate our wedding anniversary. So very kind and thoughful, thank you very much :)

From us a clear cut 10/10 - and yes, we will be back!! Ha!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank-you for your wonderful review! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Okay, so I haven’t been to every bed and breakfast in the world; but if you have been to Bostrom’s, you know why I would be calling it the best. One simply cannot imagine how Bostrom’s could be improved. Judy and Gary go above and beyond the call of duty and provide such a relaxing, nourishing, and enjoyable atmosphere that it would be a crime if Bostrom’s was not held in hight esteem amongst the best in the world. What follows is a few comments on some aspects of Bostrom.

The B&B/Environment: We (me and my parents) stayed in the suite and we were provided everything! Plates, glasses, spoons, forks, binoculars, flashlights, etc etc etc. I slept on the sofa bed (which I found quite comfy) and there was a sky light immediately above me, through which I could see the branches of a tree and glimpses of the sky above. Sleeping there with the sights and sounds of the ocean was a mystical experience. Talking about sights and sounds, immediately outside the suite is a patio/outlook/out-door-sitting-eating-area, and the view from there takes your breath away. I don’t simply mean “wow that is beautiful” take your breath away, but “sweet lord all mighty we have left earth and are in heaven now” take your breath away. I wont ruin it with details. I personally find this place to be truly sublime.

The B&B also has a main room where there is a pool table and other assorted goodies. Which makes for a fun time exploring and playing games. This is also where the breakfast table is, which brings me to the food!

Food: Oh the food, oh the food. I won’t give you a menu as I am sure each individual’s needs and tastes are different, but the food here is delicious. I require food with lots of flavor and Bostrom delivers! My mouth is watering with just the thought of that egg benedict and the sausages and - oops - I forgot I said wouldn’t give the menu! Regardless, there is no debate: the food here is awesome.

Also, for anyone visiting during the season when fresh spot prawns are available. Do yourself a favor, don’t go out to some expensive restaurant, buy some spot prawns and find a grill to fry them up with a little salt, pepper, and cayenne, and you’ll be having a really delicious meal!

The Hosts: Pacific Rim National Park and its surrounding areas have a certain magic and majesty to them. From the gigantic trees to the primeval beaches, this place has a certain quality that even most superlatives would fail to express. For those of us who live near cities, this place balances between nature and humanity by rejecting the dichotomy. The whole place is a living breathing and organism, and humanity - with all its technology and sophistication - is a fundamental and natural part of it. This area of the world truly is special and every dollar spend protecting it is worthwhile. I mention all of this because for me: Judy, Gary, and their adorable dog Baxster, capture and enhance so much of what I adore about this place. From Gary’s deep and insightful wisdom, to Judy’s peerless kindness, and even to Baxster’s ridiculous levels of cuteness, you find at Bostrom’s so much to talk about and learn from. I deeply cherished every conversation with Judy and Gary (Baster too, of course) and truly learned so much. These are exemplar examples of, not only B&B hosts, but human beings as well.

Conclusion: There is so much more I would like to say about Bostrom’s but I think, in the end, everyone needs to have their own adventure here (and more than a review of Bostrom’s, I simply want to urge individuals to visit). Suffice to say, if you are visiting Ucluelet and Tofino, and you deeply cherish having experiences that soften your heart and open your mind, it would be a mistake, a crime, and perhaps even a sin, not to spend some quality time at Bostrom’s.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Wow! You really know how to make a girl blush!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Our stay with Judy and Gary, was wonderful from start to finish, just a shame we only stayed two nights. The cost was a little more than we would normally pay for b&b in England but as soon as we walked through the door we could see why. Judy has paid so much attention to detail with decorating the guest rooms and thought of every little thing that makes you feel completely at home. The three bedrooms all have stunning views of the inlet and islands. Breakfasts were completely different to anything we have had for breakfast before, but delicious. Every morning Judy came and sat with us after we had finished breakfast and chatted for over an hour. She recommended local restaurants and we ended up eating at the float house restaurant both evenings as we enjoyed it so much. The common room has an espresso machine and cookies for guests to enjoy, full size pool table, dart board and tv as there are no tvs in the bedrooms. There is a jacuzzi and sauna for guests to enjoy, there are special robes in each bedroom for guests to wear in the sauna. Thankyou Judy and Gary for making our stay a memorable one. Sue and Paul

Room Tip: All rooms are great as they all have a view of the ocean
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

I'm so glad you found us Sue and Paul! Perhaps someday you will become a neighbour here in BC. Until then, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

What can you say that hasn't been said before, Judy and Gary are wonderful hosts, with a wonderful home in a beautiful location, the rooms and communal lounge have every amenity, loved watching movies on the big screen, along with the lovely sauna, hot tub and viewing decks, we felt truly spoilt. Loved the beautiful breakfasts and healthy juices Judy provided each morning. We stayed 3 nights, I had worked out an itinerary for each day, but forgot to allow time to spend at this special place, one day we managed to get back for the afternoon, to find Judy had left a huge crab for us that Gary had caught fresh that day, we spent a wonderful afternoon on the lower deck enjoying the crab, tranquillity and views, also wandering on the rocks below and watching the bald eagles soaring above and the seals bobbing up. We had some good conversations with Judy and the caring letter she wrote to us will always remain special. We much preferred Ucluelet to Tofino and would definitely recommend Bostrom's B&B, thank you Judy and Gary + Baxter.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

We so love to share our catch with guests. There is just nothing better than a fresh caught Dungeness crab. It is unfortunate that Gary works summers and can't get time for fishing, and with his fishing hole being overused in the summer, there is little chance for us to share this wonderful resource with visitors. Luckily, Fishful Thinking, our local fish store, opens for the summer season so all can enjoy the fresh seafood. We have barbeques for you to cook your catch or your find and such lovely areas to eat outside watching the eagles soar and, if you are very lucky, the whales pass by. Does it get any better than that?