“Best B&B I have ever stayed at”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ucluelet
Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 30 Ucluelet B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This place was wonderful. Amazing view, comfy room, and the attention to detail was astounding. Seriously, the room had everything a person could need: heated sheets, tampons, make up remover and face clothes, shaving kits, band aids, cotton swabs... seemingly mundane things; however I have never stayed anywhere that had ALL of the basis covered. The common area was well equiped too: pool table, darts, big screen tv, espresso maker, croquet, bocchi... they even have rain gear for hiking! Aside from all of that, Judy and Gary where fantastic. Judy's breakfasts were by far some of the best breakfasts I have ever had, and I'm a breakfast person! They were both great to chat with, but didn't overkill us with conversation early in the morning (though I could have talked to them both for hours). Judy also gave as great advice on where to see the local art. Favorite part of our stay, was sitting in the hot tub, feeling the mist on our faces and watching the gulls fly over the ocean. SO RELAXING. Oh and did I mention that there were cookies and something like 50 Ferrero Rocher chocolates in the common room. Everyone needs to stay here at least once in their lives.

Room Tip: The Trail Suite was fantastic
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Thank-you ever so much for your fabulous review. We loved meeting you folk over the holiday and hope to see you in our neck of the woods again some day.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

After staying in various accommodations along the West Coast over the years during our many explorations of Tofino, Ucluelet, and everywhere in between, Bostom’s B&B in Ucluelet will be our base from now on no matter our vacation focus. For our first experience at this B&B in earlyish July 2013, we chose the Pacific Room because of its location and ensuite bathroom. We found this accommodation to be very comfortable and spacious. Guests in the adjacent room were blown away by their glorious detached bathroom. They took us on a tour; we wanted to move in! This trip was primarily focussed on Ucluelet, and we found Bostrom's B&B to be either a pleasant walk or a short drive to everything that we wanted to do. Hosts Judy are Gary are bottomless sources of information about must-do’s as well as how best and when best to maximize an experience on- and off-shore the Island’s west coast. Judy’s welcome on arrival made us feel as though we were family returning from a long absence! They are accessible and very friendly, definitely not intrusive. Judy prepares balanced and beautifully presented breakfasts that provided us with plenty of fuel for our days of vigorous activities. The lounge kitchenette supplies coffee makings for making a pre-breakfast wake-up or an afternoon pick-up to enjoy with Judy’s baked treats. Tea drinkers have a good selection to choose from and hot chocolate mix is in the cupboard, too. The lounge offers a pool table and there is plenty of comfortable seating; lots of coffee table books to get lost in. The sauna and hot tub at one end of the deck are just what muscles need to unwind after walking the various sections of the Trail or to warm up after a day of winter storm watching. Don’t miss descending the sturdy stairs to the shoreline, which is accessible for exploration at low tide. En route down and at the bottom are decks, perfect for basking in sun while drinking in the panorama of Little Beach Bay and its islands--Bostom’s ocean views are bar none! Every possible guest need or want has been anticipated and is provided at this B&B. We’re already planning future itineraries in the region that really are excuses to get back to Bostrom’s!

Room Tip: We were completely satisfied with the Pacific Room, which we chose because of its ensuite bathroom a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Your review is such a treasure! It was all I ever wanted for Christmas, clarification that we are doing what we set out to do. We look forward to you coming up over the horizon again really soon!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

My fiancé, my mother and I stayed at Bostrom's B&B over a foggy October weekend in Ucluelet. Our host Judy looked after us from the moment we arrived letting us know about all the best local attractions. The B&B is set up with everything you could possibly need from picnic baskets to rain coats. Everything is decorated beautifully and it was a very relaxing place to kick back and enjoy the laid back west coast pace of life. Our only small issue was the sleep quality. Some of us slept well others not so much! Perhaps the bed softness was just a little different to what we were used to. We did also find the sound proofing not quite as good as expected - there was a faint sound of snoring from somewhere in the building but nothing that kept me awake personally. Both those issues were very minor and we all really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

I’m so glad you enjoyed your trip to Ucluelet and thank-you ever so much for bringing the problem of the snoring to my attention. I am thank-ful that it did not keep you awake but it is enough to cause us concern.
Between yours and your mother’s room we have a special acoustic dry wall, sound insulation and a dense lead (2 pounds per square foot). In fact the sound insulation is put together like the best drummer’s practice room. Therefore I can guarantee the snoring did not come from your mother.
This soundproofing continues on the ceiling of the Wild room so that the sounds of the kitchen does not wake guests in the morning. Now, in the Pacific room ceiling we did not put in the same sound insulation because we tested it with someone snoring in the bed upstairs and we found the bed itself and the carpet and underlay muffled all sound. So who was the snorer? We put our head together and figured it out.
Every night I tuck my little dog, Baxter into bed in the office and every morning I find him sleeping in his bed in the front room. Last night I got out of bed in the middle of the night and tripped over a fuzzy black lump lying beside my bed. Aha! I have found the culprit! As we are closed for the season I did not close my bedroom door and Baxter, being a shih tsu type dog has no nose to speak of, and therefore snores. Not only that, but being on the floor, directly on top of the Pacific room, he had no bed to muffle his nocturnal serenade! In between being tucked into the office and waking up in the front room he must be trying to get into my room. Since you arrived in October, at the end of our season, when we were not as careful with closing the door, he must have snuck in and cuddled up beside my bed. Awh! Cute, for sure, but the sound problem is not acceptable.
Your review could not have come at a better time. We are closed for some renovations and some holidays for ourselves. We are putting top on our list of renovations the same type of sound insulation that we have in the walls and ceiling of the Wild room: 2 pound lead, extra sound insulation, a sound underlay and double cork floors. I have a feeling that will do the trick! Though that will certainly take care of any noise problem, the other side effect will be that my little buddy will be able to do his midnight rambling and cuddle up on the floor beside me on or off season!
Congratulations on you upcoming nuptials. I hope we see you up this way on your honeymoon. I guarantee the sound problem will be fixed by then. Additionally, should you wish a firmer, or softer mattress, we can accommodate that as well. On the mattress you slept, we had just added a foam topper as an earlier guests needed an extra soft bed. We can certainly remove that or, if you wish a soft bed we have foam toppers and memory foam to suit your needs. Just let us know your preference before you arrive and we’ll have your bed to measure just for you. It is important to us that you leave us with good memories and sound and relaxing sleeps.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

As a group of 6 (3 couples) we rented all three rooms for a weekend and could not have been happier with our stay. First of all, Judy is incredibly welcoming and made us feel right at home as soon as we arrived. The house is beautiful, the view from the deck is fantastic and the rooms are full of little surprises to make your stay more enjoyable (especially for the ladies...Judy sees to it that you will NOT be cold during your stay!). The breakfasts were among the best I've ever had at a B&B.

We thoroughly enjoyed the area, but we also made sure to leave time in our days to relax and enjoy the property. Modified croquet on the lawn was a hit, and the sauna and hot tub are the perfect pairing for cool evenings. Judy made sure we had what we needed to get a fire going and Gary even took it upon himself to fashion sticks for us to toast marshmallows.

While we had researched things to do before we showed up, Judy was very knowledgeable about the area and provided great recommendations. She also tells great stories, so make sure you take the time to get to know your hosts!

I fully recommend Bostrom's to anyone wanting to experience the Ucluelet/Tofino area - you will not be disappointed. Judy and Gary, we WILL be back someday - I just wish we didn't live so far away!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

It was great fun meeting you all this summer. We look forward to your return visit! Please bring all you wonderful friends!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was the 5th time we have stayed at Bostrom's B&B. We have brought friends and we have brought family. I want everyone I know to have this amazing experience!

There is nothing I would change - the service, the breakfast, the amenities, are all excellent and they are always adding more!

The location/views are spectacular! We can bar b q. We can sit around a campfire. We can go in the hot tub or sauna. In the evenings, we can watch TV or movies, play pool or darts, read or play games and drink wine and laugh! We find it so relaxing!

Room Tip: We have stayed in all 3 rooms, and they are all lovely! One is separated and upstairs - good if you...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

We always love to see you come and are always excited to meet the folk you bring along to play. You always leave so much laughter behind when you leave. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Gorgeous location in a spotlessly clean and comfortable B & B. Nothing was overlooked to make our two-night stay an excellent experience. My mother has a serious food allergy, but this was accommodated with no two enthusiastic thumbs up!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

It was great to meet you and your folks. I'm so glad you had a good stay and that the weather was on its best behaviour for you.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

It has all been said already... If you are lucky enough to secure a booking then you will experience a few days in paradise. Thanks Judy and Gary, excellent hosts and an utterly sensational B&B. 6 out of 5!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

What has not been said already is how lucky we have been to have folk like you come to stay with us!