“A Gem of a B&B in Ucluelet”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ucluelet
Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 29 Ucluelet B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed four nights and everything was to our total satisfaction. The setting in a small cove featured a spectacular view of ocean waves, rocky islands and shoreline trees. Accommadation was excellent with thoughtful attention to detail; the common area was very large and well equipped with comfortable seating; large TV, billiard table, books and games, small refrigerators, microwave, coffee machine and a plate of goodies. Our genial hostess, Judy, served us delicious and varied breakfasts that were a treat for the eyes as well as the palate. She also enriched our lives with her dramatic storytelling of local history and happenings. We very much hope to be able to return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Don't we have just the best guests? So appreciative. We are truly blessed!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I spent two nights and three days in Ucluelet and although the weather was dreary the entire time, (only the days we were there of course), Bostrom's B&B was a wonderful haven that offered so much relaxation and enjoyment to our trip. I just wish we could have spent more time there. This is the best B&B we've been to, and we intend on going back the next time we're on the Island.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

I'm so pleased you plan on coming back! We look forward to your next trip.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This B&B is the best place we've been so far. Here's why:
- location: Located on little beach in Ucluelet, this place offers mind blowing views of the sea, and you can spot the wildlife almost everywhere from a safe distance. There is also a deck that brings you even closer to the beach. On top of that, there is a hot tub and a sauna right next to the rooms, where you can relax and enjoy a beautiful sunset every night. When we arrived, we couldn't believe our eyes :)
- hosts: Judy and Gary's names should be added to the definition of 'hospitality'. They are the most uncomplicated persons one can meet and always do their best to make your stay perfect. They know the region inside out and provide recommendations on activities, restaurants, places, etc. From the moment we arrived, they made us feel like being a part of the family.
- rooms: The rooms are furnished and decorated with lots of love and you won't miss anything. All furniture are high quality, you even have mattress heaters. Seriously, these rooms are just perfect. On top of that you also have stunning views as mentioned above :-) when we walked in, we felt like coming home.
- breakfast: And then the breakfast... Wow... Judy knows how to cook. All meals were made fresh and were different every day. Judy decorated the plates lovely so that we first of all had to take pictures :-) unfortunately, we were not able to have breakfast on our last day as we had to leave very early. However, Judy prepared a lunch box for us which was really really nice.

Thanks again, Judy and Gary for this wonderful time, we had a blast and will definitely come back :-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Lovely host,...gosh Sven, I'm blushing!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I rarely go away on holiday and decided that this year that was going to change, I took a month off and headed out of the UK on an adventure. As I was travelling solo I had decided that staying in B&B accommodation might be a more friendly experience than hotels. First stop - Bostrom's B&B. What a wise decision that was! Judy made the start of my holiday fabulous. The welcome was warm; my room was a delight; the breakfasts were delicous and the accommodation in general was thoughtful - I couldnt think of anything that would have improved my stay. I loved the view, the wildlife, enjoyed Judys company and that of the other guests, I saw lots of wildlife and was disappointed that my itinerary meant I had to move on after 3 nights. Maybe one day I shall have time to go back, I hope so.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jane A
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

We were disappointed you had to move on so soon as well. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Where should I start? From the moment we walked in the door of our suite, we knew we had found someplace special. From the four poster bed, heated bathroom floor, flatscreen TV, comfy couch, WIFI, sauna, hot tub on our own private deck, to the delicious breakfasts served up every morning, everything was above standard, way above standard. I definitely would recommend this to anyone wanting to get away; if you want to be pampered and have all those extra touches that make this place so special.

Room Tip: The fern room is its own suite, highly recommend booking this room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I am thrilled that you chose Bostrom's B&B for your elopment. I wish you all the happiness in your years together.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

One can only echo the other high ratings given by other guests. My brother and myself, both seniors and separately, have toured the world and were "blown away" by the substantial gourmet breakfasts, homemade snacks, access to a well stocked kitchen, very comfortable accommodations ensuring a good night's rest, our two suites including separate bedrooms, bathrooms, decks with patio furniture and attention to luxury detail. The main purpose of our trip was for whale watching and re-connecting with familiar areas not seen for many years and Judy was a superb help in directing us to achieve our goals. We were guests there for the first week in May and it was difficult to leave...first class at reasonable rares...highly recommended.

Room Tip: Because we were travelling "off season" rates were almost half but regardless, the ameniti...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

And perfectly wonderful guests! Great to have met you Vera!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our suite was spacious, perfectly equipped with a barbecue provided on the patio, and the guests are offered a hot tub, sauna, billiard table, games, books, videos, etc.

Judy, the owner is a perfectionist, and I mean this in the most positive way. Her attention to detail is unbeatable, whether I am thinking of the binoculars, the rain gear or the eco-friendly products she provides. She knows how to spoil her guests. And the breakfast! OMG how delicious was that!

For me there is a very relevant criterion, what makes a good accommodation; the fact that my pooches may join me on my vacation. For my girls there were cookies and bowls waiting on the counter and a dog pillow I wanted to lie down on. One can reach walking trails within minutes. Judy normally charges a one-time cleaning fee of $20 per stay with canine guests and donates the money at the end of the year to the Wild Pacific Trail Society. She never charges for service dogs. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Judy B, Owner at Bostrom's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank-you for the awesome review. I loved meeting your amazing dogs and hearing about all the skills they have obtained for rescue. What a team! Awesome!