“Best place in Watson Lake”
Review of BeeJay's Cafe - CLOSED

BeeJay's Cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Yes, read the other reviews. Add to that, the twins make everything a little brighter. Ate dinner and breakfast there, with no regrets.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a small diner but the hamburger I ordered was great and would definitely recommend this spot.

1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed 6 November 2012

had dinner special of frozen/breaded cod fillet, fried rice, coleslaw, iceburg lettuce salad. Better than frozen mass produced bison burger hubbie had but fish was very overcooked, coleslaw dripping in mayo, typical insipid northern salad. Fried rice had several veggies & they were crunchy. yum. Big portions, good value, beats burgers & pizza at only 2 other places.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Hey, I get it. We're in the Yukon and pretty far from everywhere. The burger was good. The fries were good. My wife's chicken was cooked and after some discussion she got most of the rest of her order. The service was OK. I'm not really looking for "good service" in place like this.

It's food in Watson Lake. It's alright. We didn't check out the other options but certainly would in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

The outside looks like an intentionally run down movie set. It certainly doens't look like somewhere that serves food. It's a run down service station and if I hadn't been staying in Watson Lake for a week I'd probably never have noticed that it has a cafe attached. I had a Monte Cristo with a salad, hard stuff to screw up but the salad was fresh (not always easy in the Yukon) and the Monte Cristo had both cheddar and Swiss with turkey and ham, so I was pretty happy with everything. I haven't eaten so well at a gas station since Cusco.