“Clean but totally unwelcoming”
Review of Cozy Nest Hideaway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watson Lake
Cozy Nest Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 3 Watson Lake B&B and Inns
Europe
“Clean but totally unwelcoming”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a lovely spot, quiet and pretty in a town which is quite frankly not worth staying in for anything other than passing through. The downstairs room, bathroom and lounge area was delightful, clean and spacious but it could benefit from being screened off more completely from the owners upstairs by a door. There was very poor insulation for sound between up stairs and down stairs so you could here every creak above our heads. Also if you were sharing with another person in the 2nd downstairs room who was not family/friends where the 2 rooms include a shared bathroom - maybe not so good. Luckily we had the place to ourselves. Our problem here was that our hostess seemed completely uninterested in her guests ...the implication being ."here's your room... breakfast is DIY - now leave me alone...." Her other half's attempts at humour with me was clumsy at the best and offensive at the worst! There wont be a next time but if I was planning again, I'd keep going!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Cindy greeted me warmly and showed me the house and to my room. The entire lower floor of the house is dedicated to the B&B; there are 3 bedrooms although she told me she doesn't always rent all three, depending on the guest situation since there's only one shared bathroom. (I happened to be the only guest for the one night I was there.) There's also a very nice common area and she has set up a kitchenette for the morning continental breakfast (Cindy also made some homemade bread the night before, for the morning). The property is also spectacularly located right on Watson Lake, and the picture windows look to the west for a beautiful sunset if the conditions are right. Cindy also came down later in the evening and gave me a heads up that the moon was reflecting off the lake to great effect. The property also has multiple outside levels leading down to the lake shore. There's also good wifi and cable/sat TV available. This is a beautiful setting and this is a delightful B&B with great hosts; I highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DaveR19
Crescent City, California
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We very much enjoyed the way our hostess welcomed us and helped us to feel at home in Watson Lake. We wanted to learn more about the place and the people, and she was a wonderful source of information. Our bed was very comfortable and the shower and bathroom well-appointed. We enjoyed meeting the other couple who used the kitchen with us in the morning to prepare breakfast from items supplied (which were ample). However, our first choice is not to share a bathroom. (We're just a little shy!) We and the other couple worked around the issue of timing of showers and morning needs, fortunately. The invitation to share dessert in the evening with our host and her husband was so sweet--and dessert was so delicious. This opportunity added to our ability to gather more understanding of the people and the place. We would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: I think I'd always prefer the room just across the hall from the restroom--not down the hall and...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jan M
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My nephew and recently got stuck in Watson Lake by weather when flying from Alaska to America. On previous trips we had stayed at the modest motels in town.

The Cozy Nest is in a beautiful, quiet location and may be the closest to the airport. The proprietor will pick you up from the airport for a modest additional charge.

The rooms are modestly sized but were very clean and comfortable. There were two other guests who were a pleasure to meet as well as this sort of place attracts an interesting kind of traveler who is looking for something a bit more unique, including many Europeans.

I have are this my first choice for future travels through Watson Lake.

Room Tip: There is neither a swimming pool or a fitness club. It's on a lake so you can either swim or fis...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pete B
Sumner, WA
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way back from Alaska. (When we passed through the first time we stayed at the Cedar Lodge and would definitely not recommend that place!) The space is shared with other visitors and could be a bit difficult to get to if you have a disability. The furnishings, though are quite comfortable. The continental breakfast was just that but there was home made bread available. We were treated to a small snack on the evening of our stay that was quite delicious. The owner was very accommodating and helpful. She invited us to attend a concert in the park on the evening of our stay. The lake is a short stroll down the hill on the property and could be quite relaxing. However, on our stay we were surrounded by mosquitos, so could not enjoy the outdoors!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eyeteach1
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on my way to Alaska, every place else was closed or had no vacancy. I was welcomed by a nice lady who showed me around.
The house is built on a heel so the owners place is on the "ground level" and the accommodation is on the bottom floor. The view to the lake is wonderful and very peace full.
But, there is no real privacy in the place becouse the living room, kitchen and bathroom are all shared.
The price is also to high for what you get which is a room and a very basic continental breakfast that you prepare your self (bread with penut butter and jam, Coffe and orange juice).

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank einacash
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We've been in the cabin and liked it very much! It was really cozy and a good place to relax. My girlfriend had a flu while we stayed there and the owner cared for us and helped us where ever they could. I can only recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sunrise Inn and Suites
Sunrise Inn and Suites
#5 of 10 in Fort Nelson
Nisutlin Trading Post & Motel

Been to Cozy Nest Hideaway? Share your experiences!