“Pet friendly”
Review of Big Horn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Watson Lake
Big Horn Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Watson Lake
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I quickly reviewed the previous reviews. We stayed at the Big Horn because we had a cocker spaniel travelling with us. I likely would not stay here again. It was strangely laid out, for example, no sink in the bathroom. I understand this is newly opened and so it serves a specific purpose as A Nice Hotel, next door would not accommodate us, with the dog. It does definitely need to be updated, rugs taken out and laminated laid down. This was our last stop after 8 days on the road. It definitely was my least favorite of our stays. However, the woman at the front desk was friendly and welcoming.

I agree the restaurant next door's Andrea's? left alot to be desired as well. The food was just o.k. The young women serving were polite and friendly but definitely they struggled with English and understanding our efforts at ordering.

Room Tip: Best to explore other options, unless you are travelling with a pet. If you are, this is a good opti...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Canadianeh62

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed there last night. The girl who checked us in was very nice, but unfortunately for her she works in a dive. At first, we thought the colorful linen was retro, but quickly realized they use this type of linen as a cover up. On top of that it's completely worn out just like the rest of the place. Don't even think about laying your head on the brightly colored disgusting pillows! It's all there to hide the dirt and grime. The room is dimly lit. Everything says "hide the grime" and it's well hidden, till you breath. The place has that "grandma's old house" versus wet pet smell, only much worse. We are a military family moving to Alaska and hope our fellow brothers and sisters pass this place up. I have been deployed several times and the worst of them had better accommodations, even with the nightly attacks and bathrooms outside. Almost forgot, when the ice in the ice bucket melted over night, we found LOTS of brown bacterial floaters (plankton), YUCK! It probably won't make your sick, but who deserves this after a long day on the road. They don't even clean the ice machines. Avoid the restaurant next door (starts with an A) to the left facing the Horn as well. It's not much better. The place to the right with a gas station is however much nicer and is expanding. Trust me on this one folks. The Horn is just one inspection away from being condemned.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Airpower2008
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Traveling back home to Alaska we ran into trailer trouble so had to stay over. We chose this hotel because the front desk was so nice! It was 109$ not bad up here. The room had two large beds, kitchen area with table/chairs, nice tv and plenty of room! We would stay there again. It's not fancy but CLEAN and nice which means a lot to us!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nannaw2cool
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We chose this hotel based on their signage :-) It turned out to be a good choice. If you're reading this, you know that hotel options are limited on the Alaskan Highway, but Watson Lake has three! The room was really charming and clean. The Jacuzzi tub was much appreciated after a long day in the car. Andrea's restaurant next door was what you'd expect from a diner, but it was nice to have a food option still open in the off season. Stay here if you're stopping for the night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Megan R
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Loved it, best hotel I stayed at during my 9 day trip across Canada. Showed up a day late due to bad weather, was not charged for the night I did not show up. The rooms had furniture you'd expect to see in your home, or maybe your grandparents home, wooden dressers, real bed frames, they were awesome. The location is right next door to a gas station and restaurant you can walk to. They are pet friendly and have the greatest dog that must belong to the owner sitting right inside the front door. I recommend this place and if I'm ever traveling through Canada again, I will plan my trip around stopping in Lake Watson and staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank scott g
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We were traveling south in November and booked this hotel because we just needed a bed and a shower. What a nice surprise to find a huge, clean room with the most comfortable beds so far. The lobby may not have had an upgrade yet but the rooms are very clean and comfortable, no odors, internet worked great, the beds have new memory foam mattresses and wonderful snuggly comforters for the below zero C night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AKFran
Reviewed 7 November 2013

It was a little dated, but so is Watson Lake. Everything here is expensive. The room was big and comfortable and clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. I'd stay here again. The Asian restaurant a few doors down was very tasty and served huge portions of food. I was traveling with two dogs and it was not a problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karmanak

Been to Big Horn Hotel? Share your experiences!