Northern Beaver Post Cottages
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 July 2008

I don't know what place these other reviewers stayed at, except the one about all the mosquitoes, because this is one of the worst places we ever stayed. Scott and Linda, the owners, were cold and snobbish. I don't think our van met their high standards. The electricity was out in our cabin and they said they'd look into it but didn't and then were nowhere to be found. Luckily we had a couple of emergency candles with us, otherwise we'd be battling mosquitoes in the dark.

the cabin didn't seem to have been cleaned in ages. I don't appreciate other people's hair in the sink, sorry about that! :(

The bed was uncomfortable and we had the squeamish feeling the sheets weren't clean. the droning of mosquitoes kept us awake all night. Water barely trickled out of the tap. All things considered, we got out of there as fast as possible. We would have been more comfortable sleeping in our van. At least we know it's clean.

I recommend that everyone run a mile from this place!

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12  Thank Northernboy78
Reviewed 8 April 2007

I'd advise you to get up early in Fort Nelson and drive all the way to Whitehorse. There's nothing to see here. Our cabin was like a construction shed. There were screens on the windows, but we were inundated with hungry mosquitos. We killed what seemed like a hundred before we went to bed. At 3 a.m. we were awakened by the humming of hundreds more, in our room! We threw our stuff in the car and left.

• Stayed: June 2006
9  Thank Call_us_Canucks
Reviewed 9 July 2006

Scott and Linda ( the owners) and Donna, are such wonderful and friendly people. We lost our kitty and Donna took time off from her work to help look for her (thankfully, after her 2 1/2 hour jaunt into the Yukon she figured she was better off with us, and she came back!) We stayed two nights at the cabins, which are better than most 4 star hotels in the USA, very very clean, super maintained. I would love to go back on vacation, instead of just driving through. Strongly recommend for anyone driving this way. Much better than anything in Watson Lake and Scott, Linda and Donna will top anyone in Watson Lake, that is a promise!

This is not a fake review, I have the receipts to show that we stayed there, which was May 29th and May 30th, 2006. On our move from the USA to Alaska.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed 13 September 2005

I came upon this place after being greatly dissapointed by the Cedar Lodge several miles away in Watson Lake. I couldn't have been more pleased. The rates were reasonable, the staff was very friendly, the four little cabins are just really nice...small, but clean, organized and comfortable. I received very personnal attention and so did my dog.

7  Thank fredcarl