“Not nice”
Review of Andrea's Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Watson Lake
Andrea's Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Watson Lake
Zurich, Switzerland
“Not nice”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed there in April 2014. Tried Andrea's as we hadn't liked one of the other hotels in town. Very disappointing experience. First room was very noisy due to some drunken FN's downstairs, second room had almost tropical temperatures in it, so bad that it made me sick. Mechanic said it was due to the "climate change". Third room on the other side of the corridor was finally okay, which was just as well as it was almost midnight by then. The staff was nice but I would never stay at Andrea's again (the restaurant was fine though). Will drive right through Watson Lake next time and stop elsewehere. Dreadful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Werner010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We were northbound in June and the 24 hour sunlight confused us. Having driven longer than we should Watson Lake was our resting point.We chose Andreas. Never again would we stay there. Hot, dirty, inadequate ventilation. No A/C and miserable small fan. I know it was a warm time in the Yukon but should have driven on to White Horse.

Room Tip: 2nd floor did not help with any air flow
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob R
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I recently spent eight days with the folks at andera's hotel and the Dragons Den hotel . i look forward to going back the effort by staff was great and the home style cooking was top shelf , they even make their own bread . My only regret is that I waited till the last day to try their pizza ,Home made sauce and dough makes the differance . See you all next year.
Scooter

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ponca City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My husband and I stayed after driving two straight days, staff seemed to be bothered by our presence. Room and entire hotel were filthy. Restaurant food was the worst I've ever had, noisy, bar inside was loud and staff seemed more interested in being there to socialize. The worst part of the stay was my husband left his wedding band there on the vanity, we realized after a few miles down the road and called, the room had not been cleaned yet, but they would check. After arriving at Whitehorse I called again and again , staff was bothered by my calling and said no, no ring found, It WAS left there, we know this. So staff are thieves in addition to being the most rude I've ever encountered. Stay in your car if you have to. Dirty, rust, gross toilets, uncomfortable beds. Carpet in hallways and stairs were older than my kids, 37 and 34, stained, walls filthy everywhere. Pass the word on to stay elsewhere. I am furious that you can't count on honesty anymore. Eat at Cathy's down the street, it was great for breakfast.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Helen A
Andrew S, Owner at Andrea's Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
We are in a hospitality industry and we maintain rendering our service with respect, courtesy and honesty to our guests however the situation is at hand. Thou we have lots of negative reviews here, we are somehow lifted up when we hear directly from our guests who stayed and eat in our restaurant that they do appreciate our good customer service and how neat the place is and been satisfied. It may be true that for some, they find it not very clean. It is because we are doing renovations in the hotel one area at a time since the new management took over April 2011. Our LOUNGE is open from 2:30-10pm only (so as not to disturb our guests). All personal things left behind by our guests in the room or any place in the premise were turned over to the front desk by the housekeepers or restaurant servers, tagged by guest's name, room number, date of check-in and item description. If ever the guest filled out the registration form completely, e.g. stating their telephone number and complete address (which they don't usually) we call them and tell them that they left something in the room. If there are no information where to get hold of them, we wait for their call and get instructions how and where to send the item. We do whatever we can to help find the missing item but we can't do anything if there is nothing to be found in our premise.
Fraser Valley BC
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Ok, l always try to find something good to say about everywhere we stay but l am struggling. !!! Having had a wonderful drive from Fort Nelson to Watson Lake, stunning wildlife,& scenery we arrived in high spirits. We soon came crashing down to earth entering this place. The receptionist was disinterested, and when l asked her what we should see in Watson Lake she shrugged told us there was nothing there in town to see or do, except the Northern Lights show but she hadn't been there cos it looked boring! She asked us to pay for our room upfront. We should have known something was wrong there and then!! Our room was beyond description: suffice to say we didn't undress for bed, shower or use the disgusting bathroom. In short - if you cant get into the one and only nice hotel in town - keep driving. We did not eat in the restaurant - couldn't imagine it was any better than the room -just didn't feel comfortable. we ate at Kathys Kitchen - great little place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank happybctraveller
Andrew S, Owner at Andrea's Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
One of the management's bottlenecks in running this business is getting local workers. We resorted hiring people who've been interested to take the job in this remote place who came from big cities/communities. It is beyond our control if they will say something based on their personal opinion about the place. We appreciate however that by this review, our attention was called to talk to the staffs and re-orient them on how to be an efficient customer service representative. Some of our washrooms were stained (looks like it is unclean). It is because of the frequent water discoloration in this town. We are trying to get old things replaced in this hotel since we took over 2 years ago.
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I normally do not review hotels, but this one is an exception. I traveled a lot in Alaska and on ALCAN twice (during a move). Normally you pay a lot and get bare minimums when traveling in these remote areas, but this one is the worse I have been to. It was extremely dirty, and the building looks like someone started to tear it apart and never got to the renovating part of the job. If I wouldn't have had my exhausted family with me I would have packed up and went elsewhere. Never brought any of these issues up with the staff...there was just too much wrong with this place. I did not give this hotel a one out of five due to the staff being professional, I would stay here only as a last resort.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Thor33_99
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 November 2012

11-9-12 - After a long drive, we attempted to check into this motel. During the process, the clerk asked if we had a dog. I let her know we had a service animal. She discontinued check in, and told us under no circumstances would we be allowed with a dog, even if it was a service animal. The clerk said this was directly from the motel's owner, Andy. She said it was a cleanliness issue, and that we would have to find another motel. Looking around at the condition of the lobby, I found their concern regarding cleanliness somewhat silly. I videoed this encounter, and will post online. This was a humiliating experience for my son. After traveling the world with his service Labrador, we have been denied a room at two motels in Waston Lake, Yukon.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank constanttraveler32
Andrew S, Manager at Andrea's Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
We are running two hotels in town and we design Andrea's Hotel to be all Non-Smoking and Pet-free/Animal-Free premise and opened the other hotel (three buildings away) with Smoking and Pet-Friendly rooms just so to make Andrea's Hotel a nice place for guests who have allergies on either smoke or animal fur/hair. When we take reservations at Andrea's, we make it clear to the inquiring guest that our rooms are all non-smoking and not pet-friendly. If they say that they have a pet or service dog, we offer the other hotel and assist them on booking. We do the same for walk-ins as what we did to this guest. He first came in to inquire about our rate. And when he learned that we do not allow pets, he left. After few minutes (maybe after inquiring next door about the rates on pet rooms that somehow is costly for him), came back with another younger guy and told us that they are travelling with a disabled person and insisted that we should allow them in our hotel because it is a service dog not a pet. Thou we tried to explain to him that we do service animals in another building, he does not listen and been arrogant. He got the information about the owner because we generoulsy shared it to him when he asked for it. After we have seen this review, we researched about this guy and found out that he is in business selling dog food for Labs and this Labrador he is claiming to be a service dog is the model dog on the product's packaging.

Been to Andrea's Hotel? Share your experiences!