“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Andrea's Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Watson Lake
Andrea's Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Watson Lake
Swift Current, Canada
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our room at Andrea's Hotel had been recently renovated. It was fresh clean and comfortable. Front desk personnel were courteous and professional. Restaurant had good food at reasonable prices. Maybe this hotel has improved due to bad reviews, but we have no regrets staying at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Andrew S, Manager at Andrea's Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for giving us a positive review on this site. We do our best to make a difference and continuously making an effort to do well. Unlucky we are that most of our satisfied guests do not mind putting their positive reviews on this site. In general, it is always easy to spread bad things than the good ones. The management appreciate your kindness and effort for this review. May the good Lord keep you safe in your travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cork
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Short and sweet.
> Impersonal greeting from receptionist. She seemed too busy to give a care.
> The rate was the highest I paid during my two week vacation and I stayed in a couple of really nice places. Andreas hotel is not nearly as nice.
> Under renovations so the hotel is disassembled and shabby looking. Discount? No.
> Bare wooden board in corridors as they are renovating. Discount? No.
> Room electrical wiring really cant be up to code... creative to say the least.
> Rooms are painted fresh but bathroom sink was badly cracked and faucets rattled and were ancient. Go figure.
> A sign on a refrigerator in the lobby says 'Fresh Sandwiches'. Umm, They aren't fresh if they've been sitting there for hours dummies.
> Receptionist told me I had to write down my credit card number on paper so they could keep record of it. The paper was sitting in a pigeon hole in the wall for anyone to grab. Not cool.
> Some creepy old guy was hanging around looking very shifty. As a 35 year old male that can handle himself it wouldn't be a problem but he was very off and hovered around me. I wouldn't like him doing that to my girlfriend.
Hotels like this put me off towns. Its sad because I bet there's a nice side to Watson Lake.

Room Tip: Pick one in another hotel. There. Simple really!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank realcorkboy
Pacifica, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

FYI: I am VERY forgiving about hotels. I arrived and the place was undergoing renovations. All floors were ripped out, Restaurant and bar were closed for renovations. I was met by a rather blunt lady that stated the rate of $130 which I felt was a little steep but I was too tired to argue. I should have taken the hint from the empty car park. She told me that I had to fill out a 'no partying or pets' form and to write my credit card number on it. I told her that my Bank wouldn't be too happy about a hand written record being held by them but she didn't care. I grabbed my key and proceeded to the room. The room was bizarre. New floors but no curtains. New paint and crown molding but cracked sink and ancient dripping faucets. Mismatched oddly shaped furniture and the worlds loudest mini fridge. Wiring for a ceiling fixture that looks plain unsafe and mattresses that feel like they were $100. This place is $60 at best but $130 is damn cheeky.

Room Tip: choose one in another hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank realguigsy
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed there in April 2014. Tried Andrea's as we hadn't liked one of the other hotels in town. Very disappointing experience. First room was very noisy due to some drunken FN's downstairs, second room had almost tropical temperatures in it, so bad that it made me sick. Mechanic said it was due to the "climate change". Third room on the other side of the corridor was finally okay, which was just as well as it was almost midnight by then. The staff was nice but I would never stay at Andrea's again (the restaurant was fine though). Will drive right through Watson Lake next time and stop elsewehere. Dreadful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Werner010
West Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We were northbound in June and the 24 hour sunlight confused us. Having driven longer than we should Watson Lake was our resting point.We chose Andreas. Never again would we stay there. Hot, dirty, inadequate ventilation. No A/C and miserable small fan. I know it was a warm time in the Yukon but should have driven on to White Horse.

Room Tip: 2nd floor did not help with any air flow
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob R
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I recently spent eight days with the folks at andera's hotel and the Dragons Den hotel . i look forward to going back the effort by staff was great and the home style cooking was top shelf , they even make their own bread . My only regret is that I waited till the last day to try their pizza ,Home made sauce and dough makes the differance . See you all next year.
Scooter

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ponca City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

My husband and I stayed after driving two straight days, staff seemed to be bothered by our presence. Room and entire hotel were filthy. Restaurant food was the worst I've ever had, noisy, bar inside was loud and staff seemed more interested in being there to socialize. The worst part of the stay was my husband left his wedding band there on the vanity, we realized after a few miles down the road and called, the room had not been cleaned yet, but they would check. After arriving at Whitehorse I called again and again , staff was bothered by my calling and said no, no ring found, It WAS left there, we know this. So staff are thieves in addition to being the most rude I've ever encountered. Stay in your car if you have to. Dirty, rust, gross toilets, uncomfortable beds. Carpet in hallways and stairs were older than my kids, 37 and 34, stained, walls filthy everywhere. Pass the word on to stay elsewhere. I am furious that you can't count on honesty anymore. Eat at Cathy's down the street, it was great for breakfast.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Helen A
Andrew S, Owner at Andrea's Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
We are in a hospitality industry and we maintain rendering our service with respect, courtesy and honesty to our guests however the situation is at hand. Thou we have lots of negative reviews here, we are somehow lifted up when we hear directly from our guests who stayed and eat in our restaurant that they do appreciate our good customer service and how neat the place is and been satisfied. It may be true that for some, they find it not very clean. It is because we are doing renovations in the hotel one area at a time since the new management took over April 2011. Our LOUNGE is open from 2:30-10pm only (so as not to disturb our guests). All personal things left behind by our guests in the room or any place in the premise were turned over to the front desk by the housekeepers or restaurant servers, tagged by guest's name, room number, date of check-in and item description. If ever the guest filled out the registration form completely, e.g. stating their telephone number and complete address (which they don't usually) we call them and tell them that they left something in the room. If there are no information where to get hold of them, we wait for their call and get instructions how and where to send the item. We do whatever we can to help find the missing item but we can't do anything if there is nothing to be found in our premise.

Been to Andrea's Hotel? Share your experiences!