See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Very poor reception from owner. Never introduced herself, never said hello. Hot tub out of service but full price charged for small, poorly renovated room. She knew we were coming but never mentioned the hot tub wasn't working... TV was in the wardrobe (how odd) plus it didn't work. No way to get assistance on this as owner was never easy to locate. Bed was uncomfortable, linens past their prime. Breakfast wasn't offered so much as we were ordered as to when we were expected to be there. We left before breakfast as the whole experience made us just want to leave. We were told we had to pay in cash, which I found odd. No receipt was offered. All in all, a dismal experience.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank walkingthebeach2016
Reviewed 10 November 2015

We were there last weekend for the "Maker's Hand" craft show and were delighted with our choice of B&B.
We stayed in the Blue Heron room, which was very nice, spacious and private.
The hosts Nona and Brooke are very nice, even though Brooke does like to talk.
The breakfast was delicious, and plenty.
The location is an easy walk to downtown and many restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2015

This couple, Nona and her husband, are absolutely wonderful. I didn't end up staying, thanks to a few too many stressful twists and turns to get up there last minute, but I can tell you how kind, professional and helpful they were throughout all the confusion.They even looked into car rentals for me and Nona asked what I could eat in the morning when I let her know I have dietary issues. I feel like they are already part of my favorite international B&B family and I am so looking forward to meeting them in a better-planned future trip to Harrington House!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2014

We were here for a wedding in early September and enjoyed our stay. It's pretty much exactly as advertised on the website. As a few others have noted, there are a couple of little quirks with the place. First, when we arrived in Picton at around 9:00 p.m., we found there was no one to greet us, but the door was open and there was a note attached telling us that our room was ready for us upstairs. Being an older house (approx. 150 years I think), there is a steep set of stairs leading up to the bedrooms. We were in the Blue Huron suite which was big and had an ensuite bathroom inside. One of the rooms has a bathroom in the hallway, right outside our room but it wasn't a big deal. Our only complaint about the room was that the bed was terrible. It was like sleeping on a pile of old pillows. My feet were actually slightly higher than my head and the old A/C unit combined with the clicking sound made by the ceiling fan made it hard to fall asleep. Aside from that, Nona and Brooke are great hosts. Breakfast is delicious! We had homemade fruit salad, toast, cheeses, and homemade cherry pie one morning and homemade quiche the next. Brooke and Nona take the time to get to know you and are very helpful. They can be chatty, but that's part of staying at a B&B for me and I appreciated their offer to map out a wine route and a more scenic route for the drive home. Aside from our bed, this was a nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Etienne M
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed in Blue heron room recently. Nice size, comfy bed, very clean. Pros: pool & hot tub, very good breakfast, friendly hosts, Sandbanks passes Cons: squeaky doors! Wi-fi spotty, on-street parking. Deck around pool needs work; slivers galore if not careful.

I'd recommend it- good value for the price, and Brooke & Nona are great people to chat with.

Room Tip: Only certain rooms have en suite bathrooms. If you don't like sharing with strangers, examine the descriptions carefully .
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family